The unofficially official 0.24-Kerbapalooza Thread - Now extra #HYPETRAIN!

KvickFlygarn87

so any bets on squad quietly adding biomes to a few planets this update? so that once .24 is out we can have "collect duna ice cap surface sample" as a contract?

^ Its been assumed that .24 will have Duna biomes, as that seems to be the trend with each whole number update providing a new biome since they introduced them.

So have you guys seen the new preview video yet? Looks so good.

Links, man, links!

My comment in the thread about it (sure to be merged, I would think):

Looks like the UI additions didn't include any changes to existing functionality (at least as far as I can see in the video). Just new stuff to support the new features. I was hoping for some construction refinements, but I can use mods for that until they get to it.

I didn't realize that contracts would yield science directly, that's a nice bonus and gives an alternative to the science clickfest mechanic. Being able to stack contracts and complete several simultaneously in a single mission is a good idea, it will cut down the early game grind for skilled players.

Still curious about how trading currencies for each other works, and the changes to the tech tree.

This is cruel to release such a video on a Friday! =(

After seeing this, I don't want to touch my .23 game... I want to help break in .24!!!!!

Jeb isn't sure what currency is yet, but he knows that he needs more of it than Bill and Bob.

Max (Squad PR) said no new biomes will be added in 0.24.

Really?!

No biomes,

no procedural missions,

the closer we get to the release - the worse it looks >_> you make me afraid of checking forums just to find out something else got cut out from the release :/

Really?!

No biomes,

no procedural missions,

the closer we get to the release - the worse it looks >_> you make me afraid of checking forums just to find out something else got cut out from the release :/

Wan't cut as it wasn't promised.

Where are people getting this 'no procedural missions' stuff? Was it mentioned on a cast somewhere? Because the video suggests that procedural generation is in. Quoting from the video: "Contracts are scripted at first, but will soon switch to procedural mode." Your first missions pretty much HAVE to be scripted, because they're the incredibly basic ones. It would be silly if the game throws a mission at you to establish a Jool colony before your first technology is unlocked.

Where are people getting this 'no procedural missions' stuff? Was it mentioned on a cast somewhere? Because the video suggests that procedural generation is in. Quoting from the video: "Contracts are scripted at first, but will soon switch to procedural mode." Your first missions pretty much HAVE to be scripted, because they're the incredibly basic ones. It would be silly if the game throws a mission at you to establish a Jool colony before your first technology is unlocked.

Yes, same way as I understood it, did not think random missions was something who only will be added later until I read it here on forum.

Its very common in games with random missions that you start with some fixed introduction missions and then switch to random ones.

Links, man, links!

My comment in the thread about it (sure to be merged, I would think):

Looks like the UI additions didn't include any changes to existing functionality (at least as far as I can see in the video). Just new stuff to support the new features. I was hoping for some construction refinements, but I can use mods for that until they get to it.

I didn't realize that contracts would yield science directly, that's a nice bonus and gives an alternative to the science clickfest mechanic. Being able to stack contracts and complete several simultaneously in a single mission is a good idea, it will cut down the early game grind for skilled players.

Still curious about how trading currencies for each other works, and the changes to the tech tree.

Yes, the stacking can give creative results, you want to bundle multiple missions to say Duna, you would also use parasite cargo on larger launchers.

It will also be beneficial to return the rocket, if not single stage you might want to return the upper stage, however this is a cost balance too, if you have to make the launcher larger it might not be economical.

...what!?

Not even a tiny one, on gilly?

I want multiple large biomes on Gilly.

Duna would be the obvious next place for biomes, it has multiple geographic regions already. Its also not so hard to make an reuseable lander and explore them all in one mission but it will be a step up from the Duna+ ike missions.

Yes, same way as I understood it, did not think random missions was something who only will be added later until I read it here on forum.

Its very common in games with random missions that you start with some fixed introduction missions and then switch to random ones.

Procedural is not random. There are two separate terms. Random missions were never mentioned to be included in KSP.

Procedural missions would never give you things like "establish a Jool colony before your first technology is unlocked" because they are procedural - algorithm can read where you have been and what you have done.

64 bit came as a total surprise for me.

"Oh, and we added 64 bit"

We know about it for quite a while, hehe, you should have visited forum more often ;)

Where did you see any other currencies or any trades?

Edited by Sky_walker

BTW: I don't know if you noticed, but as expected: Prices of some of the items were changed.

Here is what's shown on the video:

• FL-T200 now costs 225 and in 0.24 it'll cost 425
  • Command pod Mk1 price remained unchanged
  • RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster now costs 450 - it will cost 275
  • LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine price remained unchanged
  • Modular Girder Segment price remained unchanged
  • Mk16 Parachute price remained unchanged

Not too bad overall - looks like those who did some rough calculations based on a current version actually might have quite accurate numbers.

Edited by Sky_walker

Where did you see any other currencies or any trades?

It's been mentioned elsewhere by devs (sorry I don't have a link to cite with) that money, science, and reputation will be exchangeable between one another. I don't know what penalty or cost there will be (if any) in converting them.