[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

The last time I checked landing legs weren't supported by this mod. Sometimes, the 3 stock ones doesn't cover all the sizes you need.

could it be possible to add support to these? :-)

thanks!

The last time I checked landing legs weren't supported by this mod. Sometimes, the 3 stock ones doesn't cover all the sizes you need.

thanks!

Landing legs were scalable last time I checked. Try downloading the latest?

marce,

That's odd – those two mods are the only KAE mods I have installed at the moment and everything is working perfectly. Do you have another KAE mod installed that hasn't been updated?

Afaik PP, PF and TweakScale use KAE and all claim to be compiled against 1.7. However, I only managed to get PF & TweakScale to work now by deleting the TS dll.

PP is currently buggy as hell for me anyway.

Since the whole situation reminds me of one a few weeks before the 0.24 update I suppose (at least) those 4 mods have to catch up with each other and get stable again. It will happen eventually, no harm done.

I regret that I have to provide some criticism about an aspect of this mod. The way it changes the tweakable slider increments to be extremely small. By this I mean the ability to move a slider value in units of 3 or 4 where, by default, the movement is in 20s and 30s. Now, on paper, this seems great, and for most resources it is useful, but no so for LF/O. It becomes very very fiddly and tiresome getting a correct LF/O ratio when using the extremely fine tweakable increments from this mod, to the point where I have to remove it to edit a space station core module to carry just the right amount of fuel to bring the total launch mass to ~180t.

So my request is this: would it be possible to either remove this extremely fine tweakable increment business, or somehow give us the ability to toggle it? I've never had a problem with the fairly large increments that are part of stock, and I don't see that the problems introduced by tiny increments (i.e. tweaking LF/O amounts) outweigh the benefits.

Then you have a version of MFT incompatible with the one the TweakScale dll is bound to. Since MFT was recently updated, that might be why.

Well.... maybe it's time to address this. I, unfortunately, have not only experienced this in recent launches, but in fact I've recieved this message just about every time I've launched KSP with TweakScale installed since the MFT support was exported to a separate dll. When it was integrated, there were no problems at all.

I just installed this to use with IR, and I'm not sure what's going on but it's not working for me. I don't get the tweak option to rescale on any parts and the IR parts show up but the right click menu looks completely blank where the resize should be. Anyone have any ideas? I do have PF installed, I'm going to update that right now, and I'm not sure what mft is?

I just installed this to use with IR, and I'm not sure what's going on but it's not working for me. I don't get the tweak option to rescale on any parts and the IR parts show up but the right click menu looks completely blank where the resize should be. Anyone have any ideas? I do have PF installed, I'm going to update that right now, and I'm not sure what mft is?

A correction to Tao's post. PFairings is now at 3.09 and should be compatible with the latest TweakScale. I'll take a stab at recompiling IR with the latest KAE if Sirkut's too lazy to (no offense Sirkut)

@Biotronic: I've made a config for my nose cones set, feel free to include i in your next release:

http://i.imgur.com/BlgvRKE.jpg?1

download TweakScale config file

(download nose cones on kerbal stuff)

If it's your mod, I would suggest just adding the TweakScale module to the configs. It's not like superfluous MODULEs cause any problems, as far as I'm aware. That way, you don't need to prod me about updating TweakScale should your nose cones change, and users who download an updated version of your nose cones would not also need to update TweakScale, which might happen a few days after your update.

That said, if it's what you want, I'll of course add the cfg.

thanks!

Landing legs were added in 1.35.

I regret that I have to provide some criticism about an aspect of this mod. The way it changes the tweakable slider increments to be extremely small. By this I mean the ability to move a slider value in units of 3 or 4 where, by default, the movement is in 20s and 30s. Now, on paper, this seems great, and for most resources it is useful, but no so for LF/O. It becomes very very fiddly and tiresome getting a correct LF/O ratio when using the extremely fine tweakable increments from this mod, to the point where I have to remove it to edit a space station core module to carry just the right amount of fuel to bring the total launch mass to ~180t.

So my request is this: would it be possible to either remove this extremely fine tweakable increment business, or somehow give us the ability to toggle it? I've never had a problem with the fairly large increments that are part of stock, and I don't see that the problems introduced by tiny increments (i.e. tweaking LF/O amounts) outweigh the benefits.

I admit I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The sliders controlling resource amounts are exactly the same with TweakScale as without - the only difference is the maximum amount. Changing the maximum amount changes the size of each step, as the number of steps is simply the width of the slider in pixels.

hi

thank for the tip , I'm concerned by this :

in the first post, and I'm a big users of tweakable everything, if this problem are a solution I think I want to use the module.

tomorrow I'll try it with this two options :

1.25 and 2.5 (defaultScale = 1.25 , 2.5)

thank you very much

Edit : not tomorrow because I have to work on beautiful front landing gear ! :wink:

steph

There was a report that TweakScale and TweakableEverything were not working nicely together. I have not been able to replicate the problem, and the information given was insufficient for me to start guessing at how to fix it, so I'm guessing it's not an actual problem (at least not anymore, as that post is two months old now)

I have been having a lot of problems with my saves recently, and while a lot of rebuilding mod-by-mod has not fixed it, TweakScale seems to be involved, so I thought I might start here. I made a more minimal example with just three craft with the two mods I most suspect are involved, Tweakscale and Klockheed Martian, and I cannot exactly replicate the bug, exactly, but it was unpredictable in when it first appeared in the original save, and perhaps the save itself if just corrupt at this point, but I thought I would put the log up here and see if anyone has any suggestions for how I might proceed. I am playing 0.24.2 on Mac OS X. Using:

Toolbar, Active Texture Management, Deadly Reentry Continued 5.2, Firespitter dll, Klockheed Martian and KM Special Parts, KW, Infernal Robotics 18.3, Mechjeb 2.3.1 dev 277, ModStatistics, Module Manager 2.2.0, NEAR 1.1.1, Procedural Fairings 3.08, RemoteTech 2, Scansat 6.1, TAC Life Support 9 (pre#4), Kerbal Alarm Clock, Tweakscale 1.34

Craft disappears, leaving only

http://i.imgur.com/AYemVrH.png

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sofskjftnydv040/larkvi_20140803_01.log

In this log, with more mods, but the same problem, https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpgfdfu0szmw61o/larkvi_20140803_02.log, most of my original craft is missing, leaving this:

http://i.imgur.com/FN5vQek.png

Interestingly, if I remove tweakscale, all the parts are there and attached, but they are no longer sized correctly, and the craft breaks apart.

It looks like it might be related.

I admit I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The sliders controlling resource amounts are exactly the same with TweakScale as without - the only difference is the maximum amount. Changing the maximum amount changes the size of each step, as the number of steps is simply the width of the slider in pixels.

I believe Bomoo's referring to a side-effect of KAE. KAE changes the default step size of resource tweakables to 0.01, whereas in stock it's usually around 15-20.

@Bomoo:

If you don't like it, try reporting it in the KAE thread.

I found this information in the OP on TweakableEverything:

It looks like it might be related.

The craft in question were built and launched in a new save and suddenly started showing the nodes as missing after launching another craft with Tweakable and KM parts, so I am not sure that applies. In any case, I will delete the crafts in question and try out the new 1.36 version.

The craft in question were built and launched in a new save and suddenly started showing the nodes as missing after launching another craft with Tweakable and KM parts, so I am not sure that applies. In any case, I will delete the crafts in question and try out the new 1.36 version.

If the problem does not disappear (I honestly don't expect it to), I'd love to have a list of mods you're using. An output_log.txt would also be very nice, and for the grand bonus, I'd like a pony. I mean your persistent.sfs (from KSP\saves\savename\). With those, I might be able to reproduce the problem and see what I can do to pare it down.

My game crashes when I create a new save. Dropbox link below for logs. I'm installing it to use with IR and it's worked great for me in the past. I have the newest PF and IR installed as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8w4z0bbfgh4ykfg/AAAKR3miVm5zGMGvOn1UzKXQa

Edited by mostlydave
Added Dropbox link

Is this mod compatible with RealFuels? My tanks' volumes are not scaling/updating, for some reason...(Or at least RealFuel's, MechJeb's and KER's displays aren't updating, even if I close [and re-open] their respective [context-] menus or widgets.)

ProceduralParts' tanks get their volume scaled fine...They are the only ones that do, though...

[EDIT:] Note: Both mods were updated/re-installed today around 3h PM. All mods installed are up-to-date.

Edited by AlmightyR

Be advised: TweakScale is distro'ed with ModuleManager 2.2.1.dll This version displays the MM menu on the screen, in all the scenes, ALL THE FRIGGING TIME. You can't turn it off. Thankfully, I still had a copy of MM 2.2, which I reverted to. This topic has been discussed in the MM thread. It is to be repaired in MM 2.2.2

Hex Truss: If you're using the new Hex Truss mod, here's a TweakScale .CFG file for the parts. I've tested with all parts, including Docking Port, SAS, End Cap, and Fuels. I am NOT the author of Hex Trusses.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/045qeus0z9fhp8r/Hex_TweakScale.cfg

Biotronic: feel free to include in your distro file.

Edited by Apollo13

And now 1.35 is up. This fixes the problems with recovery cost, upgrades to KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.0, and adds support for many more stock parts, including wheels and probe bodies.

I tried 1.35, but I still see negative recovery costs for SRBs (native recovery and recovery with debrefund mod). :-(

From the numbers I get, it looks like the price for the fuel is subtracted twice. Anybody has any idea why this is happening?

@AlmightR

Have you tried TS 1.36? It was updated today at 7:50 PM US Eastern Time. I don't know whether your 3 PM is before or after that.

Oh, so there was yet another update on the same day...I feel like I'm playing "Kerbal Update Program" rather than "Kerbal Space Program" lately...But this time, it was totally worth it! Thanks! :)