[1.0.2] Vessel Viewer

PeteTimesSix

So I'm trying to update all my mods for 1.0.2 using CKAN and it is telling me that Vessel Viewer RPM is incompatible.

I only uploaded the complete version to KerbalStuff (didnt want to put up duplicate mod listings) so thatll be the only version currently up-to-date on CKan (assuming its automated). I might have to look into cleaning that up as well but honestly I have no idea how to CKan.

I want to report a possible bug,

I use KSP 1.0 and RP 0.19.2.

And the image on the RP monitor strongly flickers.

Can you check the console for any null pointer exceptions or any other errory-looking printouts?

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked the RPM thread. MOARdV apparently introduced a screen clear every frame to deal with some-bug-or-other, and since the latency modes rely on keeping renders from previous frames, they get wiped on every frame theyre not redrawn on. Seems its being looked into? Just switch latency mode to off for now, I guess.

Edited by PeteTimesSix

I only uploaded the complete version to KerbalStuff (didnt want to put up duplicate mod listings) so thatll be the only version currently up-to-date on CKan (assuming its automated). I might have to look into cleaning that up as well but honestly I have no idea how to CKan.

Can you check the console for any null pointer exceptions or any other errory-looking printouts?

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked the RPM thread. MOARdV apparently introduced a screen clear every frame to deal with some-bug-or-other, and since the latency modes rely on keeping renders from previous frames, they get wiped on every frame theyre not redrawn on. Seems its being looked into? Just switch latency mode to off for now, I guess.

Yep it fixed the problem....thx!!!

So using the vesselview RPM from the Op works with the current version and 1.0.2?

I'll manually install it then.

Thank you

EDIT : I just realised that you meant the complete version of Vessel View that works with RPM and Toolbar so that would be the only one needed anyway...

Ignore my posts, I'll just get CKAN to install the version it has, that being the complete one. That's the only one I need anyway.

Edited by John FX

Sorry, but how I switch latency mode off?

Sorry, but how I switch latency mode off?

I you haven't figured it out yet, you do it in-game on the rasterpropmonitor by using the arrow keys to navigate to "Other Configuration" while viewing the vessel monitor.

I you haven't figured it out yet, you do it in-game on the rasterpropmonitor by using the arrow keys to navigate to "Other Configuration" while viewing the vessel monitor.

Thank you, I try it.

Anyone else notice both the lift and drag modeling isn't updating in real time? The other modes seem to work fine. I have the latest 1.02 versions of VV, RPM, and Toolbar. It used to work before the 1.0 update. I rely on this quite a bit to find drag spots on my planes, and it looks like what shows up now is a frozen image at zero velocity.

Anyone else notice both the lift and drag modeling isn't updating in real time? The other modes seem to work fine. I have the latest 1.02 versions of VV, RPM, and Toolbar. It used to work before the 1.0 update. I rely on this quite a bit to find drag spots on my planes, and it looks like what shows up now is a frozen image at zero velocity.

I actually coded those display modes back when stock aerodynamics were less-than-stellar, like three versions ago. I dont even remember what it hooks into for stock and the FAR integration is probably majorly out of date by now (not the mention the complete lack of NEAR integration). I might get around to updating it? Right now it turns out Im actually going to be quite busy for a while due to a sudden onset of deadlineitis.

Any way to make the latency rate to none by default? each time i got to reset it manually, like to know if there is a config setting i can change to accomplish this?

I think there was something... right.

If you open up the .cfg file for the monitor youd like to change the default value for(for example, for the basic MFDs that RPM puts into stock capsules, thatd be <installPath>\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI\RPMPodPatches\BasicMFD\MFD40x20.cfg) and find the page entry for Vessel Viewer:

// ---- Page 'E' VesselView (if installed)

PAGE

{

name = pluginVesselView

button = button_E

text = VesselView not installed.

textureInterlayURL = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/bg01

PAGEHANDLER

{

name = InternalVesselView

method = ShowMenu

buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

buttonUp = 0

buttonDown = 1

buttonEnter = 2

buttonEsc = 3

buttonHome = 7

pageTitle = ------------ Vessel Viewer ------------

multiHandler = true

}

BACKGROUNDHANDLER

{

method = RenderViewer

pageActiveMethod = PageActive

multiHandler = true

}

}

Then you can simply drop in latencyMode = 0 (for OFF) anywhere, like so:

PAGEHANDLER

{

method = ShowMenu

buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

buttonUp = 0

buttonDown = 1

buttonEnter = 2

buttonEsc = 3

buttonHome = 7

latencyMode = 0

pageTitle = ------------ Vessel Viewer ------------

multiHandler = true

And it will be the default for that particular monitor prop from then on. You can find the other configurable options here, though Im not ENTIRELY sure how up-to-date that page is.

(though I should point out the latency flicker thing has since been fixed on both my and MoarDV's end)

I actually coded those display modes back when stock aerodynamics were less-than-stellar, like three versions ago. I dont even remember what it hooks into for stock and the FAR integration is probably majorly out of date by now (not the mention the complete lack of NEAR integration). I might get around to updating it? Right now it turns out Im actually going to be quite busy for a while due to a sudden onset of deadlineitis.

Thanks for the info. At least know 1.0 broke it now. FAR hasn't been updated for 1.0 yet so I'm running stock aero. Everything flies totally different now than in 0.9, and there currently seems to be no way to view lift/drag on individual parts in flight. At least until either nuFAR comes out, or VV gets updated. This mod is very slick, and helps with design. Definitely looking forward to that eventual update.

• 3 weeks later...

When I move to and from IVA with Aerodynamic Forces displayed (F12 on KSP 1.0.2), the arrows stick there and become part of the model, even displayed on VV monitor. Can anyone confirm? KSP 1.0.2, RPM 0.19.4, VV 0.71.

Love this mod. I consider it essential for IVA play.

Teensy-tiny request: It'd be nice if the partial downloads (RPM and Toolbar) had the version in the file name. I've got VVRPM.zip, VVRPM (1).zip, and so on, and it would be helpful if I could look at the name and see whether mine is current.

Thanks!

When I move to and from IVA with Aerodynamic Forces displayed (F12 on KSP 1.0.2), the arrows stick there and become part of the model, even displayed on VV monitor. Can anyone confirm? KSP 1.0.2, RPM 0.19.4, VV 0.71.

Can confirm this, easy to replicate.

Is there any way to change the default configuration of the Vessel Viewer? I have to re do it every time I launch. Is there any way to have and make presets for it so we can easily switch between them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It might be good idea to name archives according to version, and include changelog inside - it's difficult to determine, if it's latest version or not. :wink:

Just a question, can you drop the toolbar requirement on CKAN? It's the only mod I installed that requires it, and it doesn't really require it since I've played it on RPM for quite some time with no problem. You could add it as a recommendation instead, it will show up with a defaulted check mark but you can choose not to install it.