[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Didn't work, i know because i use the craft files, all of they say they are missing or invalid parts

I can shine some light on this. You need to read the dependencies in the post the file is linked in. I believe it's really just Proc Fairings and RLA for a select few. XT Landertrons is only required for one variant of the Soyuz. A lot of people have asked this. Does my post not make the dependencies clear enough? (Totally not passive-agressive, legitimately want to know if I need to make the dependencies list more visible to downloaders.)

To be honest I thought your posting was clear - maybe add the requirements into the individual .craft files might help but if you try an load a file with parts that don't exist it actually tells you the missing part name so I'm not sure if that would help.

I personally would have liked to see separate spacecraft like the soyuz as well as spacecraft+LV but thats easily fixed by re-saving after amendment or build able from just reading the craft files.

PS the way you did proc fairings in some of those files are magic...occasionally I load your crafts just to look at them.

I can shine some light on this. You need to read the dependencies in the post the file is linked in. I believe it's really just Proc Fairings and RLA for a select few. XT Landertrons is only required for one variant of the Soyuz. A lot of people have asked this. Does my post not make the dependencies clear enough? (Totally not passive-agressive, legitimately want to know if I need to make the dependencies list more visible to downloaders.)

No all of them needed both RLA and Proc fairings

Hello everyone!

Just posting to say that I really really like this mod, to the point where I always have it installed! (Not even joking!)

Also wanted to show a H-II Transfer Vehicle that I made with the TKS parts:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(Above screenshots shows the RLA craft file)

Ok, I just finished remaking the HTV with just Tantares and stock parts.

Link to updated pics and craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c0aqj1ensx05g32/AABjkOlRn6_TpCY3Q5Uj4-ana?dl=0

(59 parts, 25 of which are solar panels)

Keep up the amazing work Beale!

Edited by DerpyFirework

Might as well put the issue to rest and remove it, eh? :)

Sorry to see this; a step backward in my opinion. Will those of us who enjoy it in its current state be able to keep it in future incarnations? Sometimes a star is just a star.

Thanks in any case; Tantares is wonderful and it's fun watching it grow/develop in this thread.

Peace,

cs

Sorry to see this; a step backward in my opinion. Will those of us who enjoy it in its current state be able to keep it in future incarnations? Sometimes a star is just a star.

Thanks in any case; Tantares is wonderful and it's fun watching it grow/develop in this thread.

Peace,

cs

@Beale: I too like the red star. If you want to eliminate the chance that no one gets in trouble, go with the blue star as the default, in homage to the blue LK hatch color scheme, and leave the red star in there as an alternate texture. The red star is being used in a historical reference context, not at all in a propaganda-type context. Anyone downloading a parts pack of Soviet Union – Cold War Era parts, should know what they're getting themselves into. :P

To be honest I thought your posting was clear - maybe add the requirements into the individual .craft files might help but if you try an load a file with parts that don't exist it actually tells you the missing part name so I'm not sure if that would help.

I personally would have liked to see separate spacecraft like the soyuz as well as spacecraft+LV but thats easily fixed by re-saving after amendment or build able from just reading the craft files.

PS the way you did proc fairings in some of those files are magic...occasionally I load your crafts just to look at them.

Make sure you quote people you're responding to so that we can see replies easier. :)

For me, personally, I create the vessels, then attach the lifters from my own subassemblies. For the Mir parts, they all go up on a standard Proton, but for crafts like the Vostok, and the Soyuz, and Progress, the configurations of the lifter can be slightly different. Mainly with things like fairings, and abort systems. This is why most crafts are packaged with lifters. I like getting accuracy with the lifter, and flight systems, as well as with the actual vessel. If you just want the vessel, just trash the vessel and throw it on top of whatever you want. The only vessels that don't have lifters, are vessels I made up, or lifters that I can't replicate using Tantares or Stock parts, so I leave those to the user to build. I'll be releasing a major update, hopefully with the help of @spacecookie. I can't put time into at the moment because my game isn't stable, and I don't have a good build of mods, and because I've got a lot of projects going on with school. (Two involving rockets and balloons! I'll share when I can, but maybe somewhere more appropriate and on-topic.)

Edited by curtquarquesso

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493678735194025/BDF3A8CD318225835F13C2D82523357A4A67CC9D/

All Terrain Soyuz

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493678735202851/7E9F69B11C8193897B4F7EA24FAF8D75F00C1FFB/

"Hey, do you know where Baikonur is, comrade!?"

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37493678735178600/E7713CF1D71753F64234CA72A8E7991B4CDD88BB/

Top speed of 13 m/s

I never thought this'd work. But it did!

The next step is to use Infernal Robotics to be able to launch it... and the step after that is to mobilize the N1. Thank you Beale and other modders for making wonderful addons!

Cool!

I guess it is a little inspired by ZIL-2906?

3d61b28f00.jpg

I'd be impressed to see something like this for the N-1, but I don't have faith in the physics engine for that :D

I can't get Kliper to work, I installed it in the place you told me earlier, but it still doesn't load, am I doing something wrong?

The "KLIPER" folder in all caps, should be places alongside the other folders "SOYUZ", "LK", etc.

It's very sensitive to placement, so if not showing up, is almost certainly an issue with folder placement.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone!

Just posting to say that I really really like this mod, to the point where I always have it installed! (Not even joking!)

Also wanted to show a H-II Transfer Vehicle that I made with the TKS parts:

http://imgur.com/a/Zd1MK

(Above screenshots shows the RLA craft file)

Ok, I just finished remaking the HTV with just Tantares and stock parts.

Link to updated pics and craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c0aqj1ensx05g32/AABjkOlRn6_TpCY3Q5Uj4-ana?dl=0

(59 parts, 25 of which are solar panels)

Keep up the amazing work Beale!

Looks really nice!

I'll absolutely be using this :)

Thanks!

Peace,

cs

@Beale: I too like the red star. If you want to eliminate the chance that no one gets in trouble, go with the blue star as the default, in homage to the blue LK hatch color scheme, and leave the red star in there as an alternate texture. The red star is being used in a historical reference context, not at all in a propaganda-type context. Anyone downloading a parts pack of Soviet Union – Cold War Era parts, should know what they're getting themselves into. :P

Thanks for the input.

Plenty of possibility with it...

How much of the problem is red star? Am I overestimating it? Although I know we have a lot of players from the countries where there are these symbol laws.

e073d69e18.jpg

7475763367.jpg

ee31a99876.jpg

7c27dc7c7f.jpg

4522d5c64f.jpg

78c99c56e6.jpg

562f784c84.jpg

Edited by Beale

How much of the problem is red star? Am I overestimating it? Although I know we have a lot of players from the countries where there are these symbol laws.

Yeah, I think you're overestimating it. I don't live in any of the mentioned countries, but I can't imagine that being an issue. If there are records of people getting in trouble from having an image of a red star, no matter the context, on their computer, than I may be wrong.

Those "symbol laws" don't affect anything here. They are only forbidding public use of these symbols and you would just have to pay some kind of fine if in any case you break them. Also these laws are hardly being enforced, trust me. I live in one of those countries. I think no decal is the best option only because no other part has anything like this I think.

I really like the 5 spines star, I don't really understand why you should remove it, it ain't political to me, maybe a mockup, but that's it nothing more. I don't understand either why you should remove terrans symbols as long as you build human crafts, that would make no sense if we could use a soyuz but not a red star because of the " terran being " :P . That is just my opinion anyway, alternate textures would get everyone happy :) I really appreciate the 5 spines blue star too !

My Vote:

http://puu.sh/h0ej3/e073d69e18.jpg

Has kind of a Tavio tie in to me...

I don't have an issue with the red star, but I think the blue star doesn't fit a Russian/Soviet-alike parts pack. IMO no decal would be best.
Yeah, I think you're overestimating it. I don't live in any of the mentioned countries, but I can't imagine that being an issue. If there are records of people getting in trouble from having an image of a red star, no matter the context, on their computer, than I may be wrong.
I agree' date=' no decal would be preferred by me too. Have either the four-sided red star or no decal one as an alternative texture.[/quote']
I also vote for the 4sided red star as a default. Especially since there are plenty of other antennas around, which do not have decals.
Those "symbol laws" don't affect anything here. They are only forbidding public use of these symbols and you would just have to pay some kind of fine if in any case you break them. Also these laws are hardly being enforced, trust me. I live in one of those countries. I think no decal is the best option only because no other part has anything like this I think.
why not offering both textures: red star and a dish with nothing on it? so you can choose what you want...
I really like the 5 spines star, I don't really understand why you should remove it, it ain't political to me, maybe a mockup, but that's it nothing more. I don't understand either why you should remove terrans symbols as long as you build human crafts, that would make no sense if we could use a soyuz but not a red star because of the " terran being " :P . That is just my opinion anyway, alternate textures would get everyone happy :) I really appreciate the 5 spines blue star too !

Oh my!

Question responses are usually far more homogeneous! Ahaha.

Alternate textures aren't really practical for the dish, as it shares the same texture with the LFO tank, engine, landing legs, etc..

86eef07a3d.jpg

Sooo, I was thinking!

Default: Plain dish, LK as is currently.

Alternate: Green LK, red star dish.

29f915a1fc.jpg

People have choice for either.

No forced symbols, no shying away from more accurate designs either.

I personally think you need to do the PPTS and Angara, then move on to the Ariane 5/6 and the Antares.

That's... Kinda out of nowhere, but the PPTS and Angara have been planned for a long time.

Ariane/Antares, I doubt it, but that could be a neat project.

I think the last one best fits the stockalike theme.

Us true connoisseurs of the stock-alike aesthetic would know this, but alas... No Silvio dish for the time being. :D

Edited by Beale

Beale, imo I don't really think it matters. It can be anything really, though I'd prefer either a red star or no star at all. Also, could you possibly continue work on the PPTS and Kliper and make the Angara rocket? Just throwing something out there.

Edit: didn't see post

Edited by NasaSpace101
Didn't see post

@Beale: Perfect compromise. :) For that alternate, could the tank in the base be beige? It'd be the LK's colorful cousin... Also, where is the Fleur de lis hidden on the current LK? o.O

From what I recall, you're waiting to finish Kliper until 1.0 for aero improvements. Right?

Are you planning a heatshield with legs for PPTS, and is there any reason why Fuji and PPTS couldn't share a heat shield to cut down on part counts? (Both 2.5m and all that...) Personally, I usually clip legs into the Fuji to deploy through the heatshield on touchdown. I'd kill for a heatshield with stubby little legs with some good shock absorption.

Beale, imo I don't really think it matters. It can be anything really, though I'd prefer either a red star or no star at all. Also, could you possibly continue work on the PPTS and Kliper and make the Angara rocket? Just throwing something out there.

Edit: didn't see post

I don't quite see why Angara needs making really. It can be really easily done with stock and Tantares parts. I'm pretty sure AB launchers also has potential Angara parts.

Edited by curtquarquesso

I personally think you need to do the PPTS and Angara, then move on to the Ariane 5/6 and the Antares.

..//...

Ariane/Antares, I doubt it, but that could be a neat project.

I would really like to see ESA launchers as well, specially in a similar visual stockalike style of Tantares... (then one would have a proper launcher to the Tantares ATV :D) There is a ESA modpack but it has like really good textures, like the real thing.

I would love to do the modelling part myself, but I need a bit more practice...

@Beale: Perfect compromise. :) For that alternate, could the tank in the base be beige? It'd be the LK's colorful cousin... Also, where is the Fleur de lis hidden on the current LK? o.O

From what I recall, you're waiting to finish Kliper until 1.0 for aero improvements. Right?

Are you planning a heatshield with legs for PPTS, and is there any reason why Fuji and PPTS couldn't share a heat shield to cut down on part counts? (Both 2.5m and all that...) Personally, I usually clip legs into the Fuji to deploy through the heatshield on touchdown. I'd kill for a heatshield with stubby little legs with some good shock absorption.

I don't quite see why Angara needs making really. It can be really easily done with stock and Tantares parts. I'm pretty sure AB launchers also has potential Angara parts.

Yeah, you have a point. Although a heat shield would be nice.