[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

3 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I think I completely misunderstood your earlier post - so you're basically "starting over" for 1.2 with the new texture paradigm?

Oh dear. If that's the case, I'll need to rethink my TKS/Almaz strategy. :blush:

Before we start such drastic measures, @Beale, remember that 1.2 WON'T be moving stock over to the new shaders/style (still) which means you have plenty of time to work through and get it ready - the new shaders aren't that complicated IIRC. Just work through and get all the stuff that you don't have immediate plans to re-do entirely (so, N1 I guess) and get the textures looking right in the shader. If you want help getting Tantares brought up to snuff PM me, I'd gladly take time after the Saturn update to help convert the texture maps etc. I think you'll probably have plenty of time to get it all working. :)

5 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I think I completely misunderstood your earlier post - so you're basically "starting over" for 1.2 with the new texture paradigm?

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Oh dear. If that's the case, I'll need to rethink my TKS/Almaz strategy. :blush:

50 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Before we start such drastic measures, @Beale, remember that 1.2 WON'T be moving stock over to the new shaders/style (still) which means you have plenty of time to work through and get it ready - the new shaders aren't that complicated IIRC. Just work through and get all the stuff that you don't have immediate plans to re-do entirely (so, N1 I guess) and get the textures looking right in the shader. If you want help getting Tantares brought up to snuff PM me, I'd gladly take time after the Saturn update to help convert the texture maps etc. I think you'll probably have plenty of time to get it all working. :)

It's correct, I think I would like to have a 'clean slate' for a redefined stock style.

It may be wise of me and (tjsnh perhaps?) to at least have the current set of parts 1.2 ready (antenna work, etc). Then I an take my time getting everything ready for 1.3! (Who knows, I may even have Salyut/TKS by then!)

@CobaltWolf I'll be in touch! :) 

38 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Will we be able to see the new shaders ingame?

Not quite yet, unfortunately. But you will be able to see bump-maps at least.

Edited by Beale

20 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thanks! 

I'm not sure if the radiators would be better as separate parts, the collider doesn't work too weel with them built-in.

Only if they're very low-profile.
For example, the stock radiator parts "bulge out" quite a bit from what you attach them to, where the LOK radiators are (or should be) very flat.

34 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Only if they're very low-profile.
For example, the stock radiator parts "bulge out" quite a bit from what you attach them to, where the LOK radiators are (or should be) very flat.

Sadly they are bulging a lot.

I will re-design flat, with fuel baubels. 

TWzsido.png

Edit: Oh, wait! Stock model switch is on the way, let's do both :) 

Edited by Beale

18 minutes ago, Beale said:

Sadly they are bulging a lot.

I will re-design flat, with fuel baubels. 

TWzsido.png

Looking forward to the new N-1! At the end of the year I get to teach a lesson about it in science and to make my presentation less boring, I am doing a KSP play-through version!

I think the N-1's SAS could use a little bit of updating though. It's just that the regular-plain-old-Soyuz SAS is a bit different from the N-1 SAS: the N-1 is a bit "clunkier" looking and was just a little bit more powerful.

9 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Looking forward to the new N-1! At the end of the year I get to teach a lesson about it in science and to make my presentation less boring, I am doing a KSP play-through version!

I think the N-1's SAS could use a little bit of updating though. It's just that the regular-plain-old-Soyuz SAS is a bit different from the N-1 SAS: the N-1 is a bit "clunkier" looking and was just a little bit more powerful.

SAS? What are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

SAS? What are you talking about?

I am very curious also.

But, a giant N1 SAS could be very pretty eh? :wink: 

2 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

Except when the crew is about to die. The situation then becomes comparatively more safe than being baked to death in an explosion :0.0:

I was mainly joking about the old SAS that ended a few of my missions early. And LASes being staged incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I was mainly joking about the old SAS that ended a few of my missions early. And LASes being staged incorrectly.

Ah. Sorry, I can get offended easily on the internet. Sometimes it's just so hard to tell when people are kidding.

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

It's actually looks good but it would stand out because it's like the only orange part in whole mod...

Every part will be orange from now on. I'm calling it Tantares version 2, Netherlands edition.

407wGrP.png
mNP24Xr.png
ldj7k1C.jpg

koSKGfN.jpg
wsxbydB.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Every part will be orange from now on. I'm calling it Tantares version 2, Netherlands edition.

407wGrP.png
mNP24Xr.png
ldj7k1C.jpg

koSKGfN.jpg
wsxbydB.jpg

Lookin' good!

I just started learning to 3D model. My ultimate goal is to make a Kerbal Konstructs mod that adds a Soyuz, N-1, Proton, and maybe Angara launchpad (I'm assuming that Kosmodrome is forever abandoned). Obviously it will take me a while to get to the point where I can make anything presentable, and even longer for me to figure out how to get that into the game, but when I do I'll let you know.

Edited by Joeybafoey
I do what I want. yo.