[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Hey Kerbonauts,

we released RemoteTech v1.6! Have fun and fly save :wink:

Download: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.6.0

ChangeLog:

KSP Version: 0.90.0

The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The art assets are **not** licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.

# Flightcomputer

* Save/Restore Flightcomputer values and queued commands.

* Added a new button to every queued command to set the manual delay right after the queued one.

* Added a new button to the manual delay field to set the manual delay.

* The attitude buttons are no longer toggle buttons. To deactivate the current mode please use the small 'X' on the queue-window by the activated command.

* Queued commands now in chronological order

* Flightcomputer will be closed after switching a vessel

# General

* Added a mouse over tooltip to the antenna target window to show distance, status to the target

* Added configs for AIES, Lack Luster Labs, Near-Future Spacecraft, and NovaPunch

* Possibility to hide ground stations with the new property `HideGroundStationsBehindBody`

* Hide RemoteTech windows,overlays and buttons when the GUI is hidden

* Window positions for Flightcomputer and AntennaWindow will now be saved for the current ksp instance

# Contributors

* We removed the dependency to the task extension

# Modders

*Info* We refactored the namespace definitions of remotetech. The API class is no longer on the `RemoteTech{}` namespace. Please use `RemoteTech.API` for now.

* RTSettings now reads settings from the GameDatabase to tweak settings for specific mods (new Syntax)

* Possibility to tint groundstations with the property `MarkColor` `Syntax is R,G,B,A`

# Bugfixes

* Dishes will now attempt to connect to all targets within their field of view

* Cones will now displayed for any target

* Fixed the thrust calculation for flamed out engines

* Some refactoring and small fixes

Edited by Peppie23

they are in geostationary orbit (2868km) and yes they also have omni-directional antennas on them,

I assume they're all connected to the KSC right? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to control them. So I'm assuming they all have communitron 32's because they're the only omni's with the range to connect to each other and the KSC at geostationary orbit. Therefore the problem must be how you're pointing the dishes. The dishes on your sats have to point to the vessel that you want to get the science from. You can usually set them to point to the active vessel for this purpose. The vessel obtaining the science will also have to have its dish pointing to your geostationary satellite. So the data would go from the vessels dish to the satellite's dish, then from the satellite's omni to the KSC.

There are a couple of other factors that might come in to play like the vessel having a line of sight to the satellite it's pointing to. When it's on the wrong side of the mun it won't connect for example. Also it has to have enough power. When your geostationary sats are in Kerbin's shadow they can lose a connection if they run out of juice.

Edited by bdito

I assume they're all connected to the KSC right? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to control them. So I'm assuming they all have communitron 32's because they're the only omni's with the range to connect to each other and the KSC at geostationary orbit. Therefore the problem must be how you're pointing the dishes. The dishes on your sats have to point to the vessel that you want to get the science from. You can usually set them to point to the active vessel for this purpose. The vessel obtaining the science will also have to have its dish pointing to your geostationary satellite. So the data would go from the vessels dish to the satellite's dish, then from the satellite's omni to the KSC.

There are a couple of other factors that might come in to play like the vessel having a line of sight to the satellite it's pointing to. When it's on the wrong side of the mun it won't connect for example. Also it has to have enough power. When your geostationary sats are in Kerbin's shadow they can lose a connection if they run out of juice.

Ok i got it to work! thanks guys/gals! just needed to change up the dishs a bit and add communitron 32. all is good!

With the latest version being 1.6, the first post needs to be updated to reflect that change.

A moderator should be contacted to help with this if Starstrider hasn't been around in a while.

* The altitude buttons are no longer toggle buttons. To deactivate the current mode please use the small 'X' on the queue-window by the activated command.

I think you mean "attitude" :)

yea unfortunately still present :/ https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues/197#issuecomment-69450633

I removed this fix from our final release log. We need a bit more time for this issue.

I would suggest sending Diazo a message, as he had to deal with this issue for his Action Groups Extended mod. I'm unsure of the resolution on his end, but I do recall discussions about it happening over there.

# Bugfixes

* Dishes will now attempt to connect to all targets within their field of view

Just to be clear here... does this mean, for example, that if I have a dish pointed at Mun, and a sat within the cone, but it's technically in Kerbins SOI, the connection will now work?

I think you mean "attitude" :)

oh, yeah i mean "attitude" :D

Just to be clear here... does this mean, for example, that if I have a dish pointed at Mun, and a sat within the cone, but it's technically in Kerbins SOI, the connection will now work?
yes if the satellite within the cone has the correct omni/dish range Edited by Peppie23

I really missed those old turning dishes and the probes. When launching something like space station supply it is so easy to just throw a few microsats on along with it.

But the Aeroprobe 9 have a crew capacity of 3. I know kerbals are small, but really?? :)

No big deal, I just delete the line in config file. Thanks for sharing the parts. I love it :)

yes if the satellite within the cone has the correct omni/dish range

Ok, that explains why I'm seeing a lot more Dish connection lines where I would normally see Omni connection lines. It also finally makes leading/trailing satellites ("Lagrange" points) a viable option for comm networks - like Mun for example. Very cool! However when I view the dish cones this is what I'm getting:

0pWlYWGl.png

bjLXScWl.png

This is with a save from 0.25, so if the mod authors feel there's something in the PART{} properties that may need updating, let me know

I have a small problem with the Flight Computer. One thing I've really wanted was persistent commands, which we now have. However, when you set a command with delay, T-0 changes a little bit.

Say if I set a command with 10 minutes delay at gametime 1 minute, that command should execute at 11m. If I go back to the space center and then fly the vessel again, the timer changes a little bit - usually 5-20 seconds. I believe this is because the gametime pauses when loading and unloading the vessel, but RemoteTech continues counting so the timers get offset.

Perhaps you can link the delay to the gametime? So by setting the delay, it calculates time remaining based on a time in the future, rather than now + 10 minutes.

I hope that all made sense...

Erm... Why are my cone angles broken???

wgZgKJ3.png

Instead of the normal two lines I only get 1 straight line...

This only happens to RT & Squad dishes...

I have a boxsat dish and it works properly...

This gives me problems as I can't point at Kerbin, KSC will be outside my cone...

Edited by orangewarning

What dishes you trying to use ? If you are to close and are using along range dish it will look like that.

EDIT- Need more info zoom out can't tell your range what dish your using help us help you :).

Edited by Mecripp2

I have a small problem with the Flight Computer. One thing I've really wanted was persistent commands, which we now have. However, when you set a command with delay, T-0 changes a little bit....

Perhaps you can link the delay to the gametime? So by setting the delay, it calculates time remaining based on a time in the future, rather than now + 10 minutes.

It actually already is. So it looks like it might be an accuracy issue in stock KSP. Do the commands still activate at the specified place (for example: At the correct time relating to a maneuver node)?

Edited by JDP

This is probably discussed alot but I've got a question about satellite networks. I've got a set of 3 satelites orbiting Eve in polar orbits. All three satelites has a Communotron 32 and Communotron 88-88 (the 88-88 is directed at Kerbin). Right now, two of the satelites are "behind" Eve so they don't have LOS with Kerbin so it makes sense that their 88-88 dish aren't able to communicate with KSC. But the third satellite is in a slightly higher orbit and still has contact with Kerbin. And all three satellites show Omni connections with each other so what I'm not understanding is, why can't all three satellites communicate with KSC? Shouldn't the two "shadowed" satellites be able to relay through their omni link to the satellite that still has LOS with Kerbin?

I'm playing on KSP 0.9 and I believe I am using RemoteTech 1.5.2. That might be classified as a dev built which might be where my issue is but figured I'd check and see if there's something else I'm missing.

Erm... Why are my cone angles broken???

At a guess, you're being tripped up because cone connections only work across SoI boundaries.

So for instance, a sat orbiting Kerbin can target its directional at Minimus, and if a sat in Minimus orbit points its directional at Kerbin then both sides will talk to each other and you will have a link.

This is probably discussed alot but I've got a question about satellite networks. I've got a set of 3 satelites orbiting Eve in polar orbits. All three satelites has a Communotron 32 and Communotron 88-88 (the 88-88 is directed at Kerbin). Right now, two of the satelites are "behind" Eve so they don't have LOS with Kerbin so it makes sense that their 88-88 dish aren't able to communicate with KSC. But the third satellite is in a slightly higher orbit and still has contact with Kerbin. And all three satellites show Omni connections with each other so what I'm not understanding is, why can't all three satellites communicate with KSC? Shouldn't the two "shadowed" satellites be able to relay through their omni link to the satellite that still has LOS with Kerbin?

I'm playing on KSP 0.9 and I believe I am using RemoteTech 1.5.2. That might be classified as a dev built which might be where my issue is but figured I'd check and see if there's something else I'm missing.

What are the targets of your kerbin relay? The most common mistake is that these satellites are configured with "Active Vessel" maybe your third sat has a LOS to this satellites and the connection but if you switch to your other satellites (thay will become the active vessel after switching) not.

Try to set the target of your kerbin relay to Eve instead of 'Active Vessel'

Edited by Peppie23

What are the targets of your kerbin relay? The most common mistake is that these satellites are configured with "Active Vessel" maybe your third sat has a LOS to this satellites and the connection but if you switch to your other satellites (thay will become the active vessel after switching) not.

Well crap. That makes sense. So if I want to setup a comm network that functions with all planets I either need to adjust my Kerbin network to point to the planet I'm currently working at or setup my Kerbin network so it has one directional dish for each planet.

I'm kinda new with Remote Tech and so far I've got a little setup with 3 keostationnary + 1 polar sat.

KSP2015-01-1314-27-13-08_zps911935a5.jpg

For now, each sat have 4 dishes; 3 of them target the other sats and the remaining one is ''active vessel''

Is it the correct way to go, or can I put 1 to ''active vessel'' and an other one to ''kerbin'' so it would free 2 dishes for later other network?