[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I can't change the range of the GigaDish1. All the changes are succesfully added but in the flight screen it still shows the old range.

{
@entryCost = 49000
@cost = 14000
@title = Reflectron GA-53
@manufacturer = Outer Planetarium Industries
@description = This satellite is one of the latest technologies for long range satellites. With a range of 800 Gm, you'll be able to stay in contact in the whole Kerbol system and beyond.
@TechRequired = advScienceTech

@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
{
@Mode1DishRange = 800000000000
@EnergyCost = 6.00
@DishAngle = 0.005
}
}
$PART[RTGigaDish1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:FINAL

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ntwthd.jpg

What is wrong?

If this satellite is already a saved vessel you can't change this value via MM because it's already saved into your persistence, but i'm not sure. Try to start a new vessel with this antenna.

After upgrading from v1.6.0 to v1.6.1 all of my satellites are showing 'No Connection.'

Any ideas what I may have done wrong? Or is this to be expected after upgrading an existing save?

Thanks!

The update should not break your save. Can you send me your logs please.

The update should not break your save. Can you send me your logs please.

Hey, sorry for jumping the gun on this. I'm not sure what broke my saves but I'm certain it wasn't the 1.6.1 RT update...

Whenever I jump into an active satellite Kerbin suddenly disappears (yes the entire planet, although I can still see Mun) and I lose connection to the probe (even though it showed as connected in the tracking station). And on top of that, if I time warp all parts except the core of the probe disappear as well. I'm so confused as to what I broke or how to fix it... Crap...

Hey, sorry for jumping the gun on this. I'm not sure what broke my saves but I'm certain it wasn't the 1.6.1 RT update...

Whenever I jump into an active satellite Kerbin suddenly disappears (yes the entire planet, although I can still see Mun) and I lose connection to the probe (even though it showed as connected in the tracking station). And on top of that, if I time warp all parts except the core of the probe disappear as well. I'm so confused as to what I broke or how to fix it... Crap...

I can sleep better if I could look over your log file :D

I can sleep better if I could look over your log file :D

Where can I find the log file? I'd be happy to send it to you.

Oh, just KSP.log? Honestly I'm not sure you want to look at this. I've been bouncing between a bunch of different of versions of mods to see which is the culprit.

Edited by visivante

Where can I find the log file? I'd be happy to send it to you.

Oh, just KSP.log? Honestly I'm not sure you want to look at this. I've been bouncing between a bunch of different of versions of mods to see which is the culprit.

Yep your ksp.log (as zip) after you got this weird error. Please via pm

Hi all,

I am here to report the following behavior: When I send a command to execute a maneuver node it then time warps right to the start of the burn (maneuver node time minus half the burn time) and then simultaneously starts to execute burn and turn towards the maneuver node heading (blue cross). That means that some dv is wasted burning in the wrong direction => desired orbit not achieved.

So I have to send another command before the burn to orient towards maneuver node, which is ok, but if you are in hard mode and accidentally forget to set another command, well not ideal.

It would be better if the flight computer did it like MJ does: warps till say 1min before the burn to give time to orient the craft and when orientation is achieved it just continues to warp till the burn time. (one note here: KJR freezes the craft for couple of seconds after each warp time, so it would be nice to account for that as well)

Hope this helps

cheers

Edit: Also I just figured out that v1.6.1 is a most likely reason KSP froze as a process and did not respond every time I go to map mode while in flight. Reverting to v1.6.0 fixed the issue.

Edited by Sobanaut

I'm not sure if its been stated before somewhere, but I would like to know if someone could give me a quick little example on how to add a part using an existing model.

I'm currently running Kopernicus, and have the Outer Planets Mod as well as the Stella System. From high orbit about the Mun (250k) I can check to see how far away the system is, and to my horror, its over 2.5Tm away...

I'm running a MM config posted in the OPM threat (The same one that Olympic1 was talking about) and with just that, it would take quite a bit to be able to set up a fully functional relay network between Kerbol and Stella that would allow me to send a probe to one of the planets.

What I'd like to do is take a pre-existing model, (not sure which one quite yet, but lets use the commutron 88-88 for the base model). How would I take that model and give it a RemoteTech config that allows it to reach 3-5Tm, with an angle of about 0.001 (or whatever angle would allow complete coverage of the system from Kerbol). How would I also increase the size of the model so that it wouldn't be confused with the standard 88-88?

It would be better if the flight computer did it like MJ does: warps till say 1min before the burn to give time to orient the craft and when orientation is achieved it just continues to warp till the burn time. (one note here: KJR freezes the craft for couple of seconds after each warp time, so it would be nice to account for that as well)

yea but with RemoteTech you can schedule the orientation to the maneuver node 1m or 2m before execution by yourself :) This gives you more flexibility because a big ship without enough SAS takes longer for steering to the maneuver node

yea but with RemoteTech you can schedule the orientation to the maneuver node 1m or 2m before execution by yourself :) This gives you more flexibility because a big ship without enough SAS takes longer for steering to the maneuver node

I see your point, BUT:

1) If I should set the orientation manually before each burn, why would I need the EXEC command to hold the node orientation at all. See what I mean?

2) Honestly who launches crazy big ships to be unmanned??? And for 99.5% of ships it would be totally fine to go out of warp a minute or two (well in advance) before the burn time, and then resume the warp after achieving the proper heading. And even if you really need to launch that unmanned monstrosity, well you still have the option to schedule an orientation command when you want it.

I do understand it is a matter of convenience, and it is entirely up to you guys whether you want to implement this or not. But I think it will make the flight computer a bit more user friendly and consistent.

P.S. I totally love this mod, so keep up the great work)

I see your point, BUT:

1) If I should set the orientation manually before each burn, why would I need the EXEC command to hold the node orientation at all. See what I mean?

Yeah, true. :D Maybe there was a reason to do the EXEC Burn as it is but this was before i joined the group. ^^

I have a problem with remote tech/flight computer (or a specific bug) if anyone knows a work around please let me know!

I am able to open up the flight computer window, but when I go to view queued actions it turns the window into a small grey little box. I cannot activate/deactivate any modules and the only actions I can perform are to move around (can't turn on the brakes on the rover). This is with one specific craft and no others seem to have the bug.

EDIT: the flight computer also prohibits warp for this bug

First windowgQ5HV1D.png

Second window, expanded and small grey window

BDL8RE5.png

Edited by Synighte

might be a mod conflict. I just tracked down an issue with FreeEVA causing the Fusebox window to not start opened, but instead just as a bar. Remove half your mods and see if that fixes it. Yes, then start adding the ones you removed half at a time. No, take out half remaining and check again. This'll make the process faster

Sure. Run KSP with RemoteTech once so it can create it's config file (RemoteTech_Settings.cfg). In there is a line like that: "EnableSignalDelay = True". Change that to "False" and voilà!

aha! Thanks, i shall give it a try.

might be a mod conflict. I just tracked down an issue with FreeEVA causing the Fusebox window to not start opened, but instead just as a bar. Remove half your mods and see if that fixes it. Yes, then start adding the ones you removed half at a time. No, take out half remaining and check again. This'll make the process faster

I forgot to mention it is ONLY with this SPECIFIC rover, all other ships/craft are perfectly fine.

I forgot to mention it is ONLY with this SPECIFIC rover, all other ships/craft are perfectly fine.

This happens if RemoteTech throws an exception. Can you look into your ksp.log or send me your log please.

It is very lengthy, what should I be looking for (or how should I send the log), thanks

Do you have any space to upload your zip? like dropbox?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @all,

if someone got one of these errors since v1.6:

- can't go back to space station

- weird map glitches

- no controllable satellite

- undocking/docking errors

please try to use the current prerelease https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/build-master-245 we had some errors for saving and loading a TargetCommand

thanks and sorry

Do you have any space to upload your zip? like dropbox?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @all,

if someone got one of these errors since v1.6:

- can't go back to space station

- weird map glitches

- no controllable satellite

- undocking/docking errors

please try to use the current prerelease https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/build-master-245 we had some errors for saving and loading a TargetCommand

thanks and sorry

I do not, but now that you mention it I used a small docking port to attach the rover to some fairings for its landing.

EDIT: this particular build did not rectify the problem. Oh well, is there a way to cut and paste the ksp log in a spoiler somehow so I don't spam the forum?

Edited by Synighte

A thought on a feature/feature request. Would it be possible to dis-able fast switching vessels if a vessel is disconnected? Just a rough idea. I'm thinking about how if you are trying to dock, you are probably on the radio back and forth between vessels during the manoeuvres. We don't have to do that at all, but we can jump from one ship to the other instantly. You should still be able to assume control of the other vessel via the tracking station, but if it cannot cannot talk to anyone, then you have to get into the tracking station view view the space centre to fly it, motivating people to stay connected while performing docking manoeuvres.

One thing I think might be a challenge (I'm no a programmers, so this is a wild guess) is when there are two vessels that can be connected but there is no connection to the KSC or a remote station or what ever. I don't know if there is a way for this mod to assess connections between vessels when there isn't one of those at the end of the chain.