[1.10.0] NanoGauges - tiny ana1og gauges for kerbalnauts -1.10.0-3463

Nereid

No. But interesting: Did I miss anything? What's new in the air intake/requirement part of the game?

The main gist is that intake air has been hidden as a resource and instead engines have an "air needs met" condition that for now is only shown on the right-click part display.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14923883/off2.png

I made an example of an annuator panel/indicator (just for the fun of it. As you can see, i'm quite inexperienced with GIMP2.)

Please look at my PM.

A similar indicator gauge is done. But I can't detect a reverse thrust of an engine at the moment. Still working on this. Any ideas would greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

The main gist is that intake air has been hidden as a resource and instead engines have an "air needs met" condition that for now is only shown on the right-click part display.

Done. It's included in the next release.

But some kind of generic approach ingame is just to much at the moment. Can you tell me what kind of resources are important?

At the moment it's just the lack of a Karbonite gauge that vexes me. I imagine other users will have other desires from the mods they use.

[quote name='damerell']At the moment it's just the lack of a Karbonite gauge that vexes me. I imagine other users will have other desires from the mods they use.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at 0.7.15-1500. It should be working (but I haven't tested it)

• 1 month later...

Hello

Is there a gauge giving the temp of the hottest part of a vessel (skin or internal)?

No one of the temp gauges I used seems to give that temperature....

Edited by gilflo

15 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

Is there a gauge giving the temp of the hottest part of a vessel (skin or internal)?

No one of the temp gauges I used seems to give that temperature....

Currently not. I was thinking about such a gauge myself. But there is a problem:

To get the hottest part NG would need to scan all parts of a vessel every then and now. This is no problem for small vessels. But it could break physiks for larger vessels. NG tries to not consume to much cpu resources and I do not like the idea to scan several 100 parts ever one or two seconds. One idea was to scan only a part of them and some other parts in the next scan,...

This might work, but it could take seconds before the overheating is displayed.

Personally I would like some special kind of sensor for this purpose, but I'm not good in designing parts. If there is a modder out there who can design a special temperature sensor, we may get it to work easily.

And you may ask, how I scan special parts like sensors. Well, this is done by a list of all such parts of a vessel. This list is small and scanning only a few parts wont cost much time. This arises a new problem: What if the vessel changes (by decoupling or destroying parts)? In this case KSP fires an event and the vessel is completely scanned once (!) again.

EDIT: Its easy to display the max or relative heat of all heatshields for example.

Edited by Nereid

Hello

Every time my game quit suddenly, log is

[LOG 14:03:44.421] Active Vessel is moving (sqrVel = 0.453772255270859). Cannot save.
[EXC 14:03:44.422] MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found.

[EXC 14:03:44.451] MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found.

It looks like this problem comes from NanoGauges

Any idea?

7 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

Every time my game quit suddenly, log is

[LOG 14:03:44.421] Active Vessel is moving (sqrVel = 0.453772255270859). Cannot save.
[EXC 14:03:44.422] MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found.

[EXC 14:03:44.451] MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found.

It looks like this problem comes from NanoGauges

Any idea?

I'm quite sure this doesn't come from NanoGauges. At least not in Version 0.7.15-1500. I remember that SQAD has changed some methods and I remember exactly this typo "Gague". But the typo is located in the KSP base by SQUAD. NanoGauges in 0.7.15 never tries to access such a field.

And the class in 1.0.5 is still called "TemperatureGagueSystem".

Are you using other mods? Maybe one that disables the stock heat indicators (as NG does, if requested)?

The only mod I am using for temperature is the "critical temperature gauge", but even when removed, i got this MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found

I removed Nanogauges and I don't get any more this exception, when the game quits....

2 hours ago, gilflo said:

The only mod I am using for temperature is the "critical temperature gauge", but even when removed, i got this MissingFieldException: Field '.TemperatureGagueSystem.showGagues' not found

I removed Nanogauges and I don't get any more this exception, when the game quits....

Which version of NG are you using? Which version of KSP?

Edited by Nereid

On Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016 at 10:14 AM, gilflo said:

I have not investigated this mod if and how it solves the problem. But if it does a scan of all parts of a vessel multiple times a second... well, expect problems with larger vessels. NanoGauges suffered from similar problems in its early releases.

One thing I would like to see if possible, is for the AMP gauge to show the excess energy income even when it can't be stored.

Once the batteries are full, it currently drops to zero, but it would be quite nice to see how much margin I have for activating more parts without draining the battery.

9 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

Bug report:

The Temperature gauge is labeled in degrees C, and shows the same number as the thermometer on my ship.  But the thermometer is in Kelvin, not Celsius.

The seaside temperature on Kerbin's shores is definitely not 310 C as the gauge insists :D

Ah, nice observation (copy & paste of the skin). I will change this in the next release. I have added at least 2 new gauges:

• Time To Apoapsis
  • time To Periapsis

And the Terminal Velocity (Vt) is not very useful in 1.0.5 (vessel do fall way to fast ob kerbin in my oppinion). So I changed it and calibrated it for a small probe. I just have to test, if it works on other bodies, too.

One thing I would like to see if possible, is for the AMP gauge to show the excess energy income even when it can't be stored.

Once the batteries are full, it currently drops to zero, but it would be quite nice to see how much margin I have for activating more parts without draining the battery.

I will try to get these values. But at the moment I have no clue how to get them (but I cannot investiagte the code/API at the moment).

Edited by Nereid

• 2 weeks later...

One more little labeling issue; the Distance to target is labeled as km but is actually reading in m.

EG: The mountains just west of the space center are listed as 50,000 (km) away.

Regarding the AMP meter, I think it could be improved with extra precision near zero.  Many times with low tech stuff I'm dealing with 0.05 e/s net energy rates, and the difference between +0.05 and -0.05 is critical to long-term survival, but such amounts are not visible when the smallest part of the scale is +1, 0, -1  :D

14 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

One more little labeling issue; the Distance to target is labeled as km but is actually reading in m.

Regarding the AMP meter, I think it could be improved with extra precision near zero.  Many times with low tech stuff I'm dealing with 0.05 e/s net energy rates, and the difference between +0.05 and -0.05 is critical to long-term survival, but such amounts are not visible when the smallest part of the scale is +1, 0, -1  :D

Thank you for reporting. I will incorporate a fix in the release today. I have changed the version to 1.0.x because the standard gauge layout is a bit more useful and all major asprects are implemented.

The AMP meter will have to wait a few days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will check it. Maybe its a bug, but I cannot confirm this now. I was working an a release on NanoGauges, added some new features, fixing the reported bugs and then the flu got me and prevented me from fixing a last but major bug. Since then I was a bit reluctant to analyze it and its delayed until I will get some time to do it. Don't expect a fix in the next few days. Maybe early march I will continue to work on it.

On 10.2.2016 at 7:35 AM, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Hi great mod But it is not working for me , do we need some other plugins for this,?

The gauges are not there on my screen .

Are there any keys to make gauges display ?

It should work out of the box. If it doesn't try to change your primary screen and delete the NanoGauges.cfg in GameData. (I have a report of a friend  that a tripple screen configuration with a primary screen in the middle can cause problems).

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.