[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

A small request to Baha - as there is a test to determine damage (75% mass loss and AI stops attacking), could the same test be used to

A) create an action group trigger?

B) trigger the Abort action group?

The purpose is to bind the action group trigger to Abort, so the pilot can bail out, deploy pod chutes or whatever. If Vanguard mod has a trigger of it's own, A isn't needed, just bind it to Abort.

Edited by colmo

Wondering if it's possible to give the HE-KV a bit more of a blast area. I appreciate being able to Kessler the hell out of certain orbits, but it would be good if the explosion was wider to take out more of the target. Sort of like how the old Romfarer missiles had a blast area.

Any ideas?

Holy crap this mod has advanced since I last touched it (ironically, I stopped playing KSP shortly after 1.0 was released). School, the massive changes from 0.90, the patches, and mods getting up to speed turned me off from playing until recently (break from school and mods stabilizing.)

I just watched the new vid showcasing the lock and radar systems. To be honest, the thing that impressed me most was the camera view on the Target Designator. Anyone know if it would be possible to integrate that feature into something like HullCam VDS? BDArmory did exactly what I was hoping HullCam VDS would. HullCam is nice, but sometimes the fullscreen view isn't what I want/need. (Integrating the BD camera view in Docking Port Alignment Indicator would be sweet as well. Overlay DPAI's indicators on top of the BD camera view on a docking port.)

Wondering if it's possible to give the HE-KV a bit more of a blast area. I appreciate being able to Kessler the hell out of certain orbits, but it would be good if the explosion was wider to take out more of the target. Sort of like how the old Romfarer missiles had a blast area.

Any ideas?

it sure is possible, and you can even do it yourself.

KSP install -> GameData -> BDarmory -> Parts -> hekv1

open config file, look for these lines

blastRadius = 25 //meters

blastPower = 16

blastRadius is the blast radius, obviously

blastPower is the blast power, higher is better, higher does more damage/applies more heat to objects

increase them as much as you want.

Edited by Kowalskicore

it sure is possible, and you can even do it yourself.

KSP install -> GameData -> BDarmory -> Parts -> hekv1

open config file, look for these lines

blastPower = 16

blastRadius is the blast radius, obviously

blastPower is the blast power, higher is better, higher does more damage/applies more heat to objects

increase them as much as you want.

i was looking for those properties on the hellfire. I couldn't find them

Hey, BD, I was thinking today maybe you can simulate ammunition cook off by having ammo containers explode when they reach max temps.

Edit: I figured, in my excitement, I forgot to detail how it could possibly work.

Ammo containers will explode when hit with a bullet and when they reach their max temps, they will explode, simulating ammunition cook off.

The reason it using temps and not crash tolerance is to prevent tanks with their ammo in the front so they just have to ram.

You can go further by introducing making the explosion vary in strength and size the more ammo still left in the boxes.

A notch higher, you can make the explosion vary by caliber, meaning 300 12.7mms wont explode as violently as the same amount of 30mms.

It would help if it was determined by how many resources are left rather than a cfg file you can't change on the fly.

It also give a reason to cover ammo boxes.

But the final verdict is on you, so its your choice. Just a suggestion. :cool:

Edited by Forty21112
Elaboration

i was looking for those properties on the hellfire. I couldn't find them

from the hellfireMissile.cfg file:

thrust = 4.4 //KN thrust during boost phase

cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase

dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites

boostTime = 3 //seconds of boost phase

cruiseTime = 0 //seconds of cruise phase

guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive

blastPower = 16

maxTurnRateDPS = 8 //degrees per second

i can also recommend using the search function of your preferred text editor, it makes finding things much easier

---

in other news, my ATGM sorta works now, here it is

Javascript is disabled. View full album

im quite proud, it works pretty well and im going to make more things.

Edited by Kowalskicore

thrust = 4.4 //KN thrust during boost phase

cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase

dropTime = 0 //how many seconds after release until engine ignites

boostTime = 3 //seconds of boost phase

cruiseTime = 0 //seconds of cruise phase

guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive

blastPower = 16

maxTurnRateDPS = 8 //degrees per second

i can also recommend using the search function of your preferred text editor, it makes finding things much easier

---

in other news, my ATGM sorta works now, here it is

http://imgur.com/a/9rE73

im quite proud, it works decently.

Nice! im learning Wings 3d and im making an engine first. then i will make weapons. first weapon on the list is a fixed 37mm from the mig-15bis. it will be like the M2 browning so you can clip it into the nose of the plane. It might come in a gunpod version in the future. After that i will probably make the Mk45 5 inch or some turreted 30mm autocannon for those of you who dont just want an M230 on top of an IFV.

The radar system looks amazing, I like it!

Just a small suggestion: Would you consider adding a hotkey to cycle through radar contacts? Switching targets has always been too slow for fast air combat, and the radar seems to be a very good tool to solve the issue!

The radar system looks amazing, I like it!

Just a small suggestion: Would you consider adding a hotkey to cycle through radar contacts? Switching targets has always been too slow for fast air combat, and the radar seems to be a very good tool to solve the issue!

i think you should try using boresight with radar. i think it auto locks whatever is in it

I know, but that's still a slight bit off from being perfekt, since you need to aim with your planes nose.

True. I find ground strike with guns super hard in KSP. Simply because getting the plane on target and holding it there is really hard. especially with the aerodynamics wobbling it around and SAS trying to stabilize after manuvering. Its probably easier in real life lol. Maybe I should try configuring my joystick

True. I find ground strike with guns super hard in KSP. Simply because getting the plane on target and holding it there is really hard. especially with the aerodynamics wobbling it around and SAS trying to stabilize after manuvering. Its probably easier in real life lol. Maybe I should try configuring my joystick

Real live is all about using cheats and software and stuff anyway. :>

I found using unguided anti-ground bombs is a lot easier, since you can just let the aiming circle sweep over the target and fire at the correct moment. Getting a semi-targeted sweep with the 30mm gattling is also rather rewarding, tho.

Edited by Temeter

blastPower = 16

Wow. If it was the frag warheads used in drone strikes it would be something like

blastRadius = 15

blastPower = 9

for HEAT warhead it would be more accurate to put

blastRadius = 6

blastPower = 15

I really need to go through the configs.

True. I find ground strike with guns super hard in KSP. Simply because getting the plane on target and holding it there is really hard. especially with the aerodynamics wobbling it around and SAS trying to stabilize after manuvering. Its probably easier in real life lol.

IRL is much harder, because there's more factors to consider: wind, atmospheric conditions, sensor inaccuracies, etc. The correct way to strafe is to start before the target and follow through past the target. That way you can adjust fire using slight rudder inputs or nosing up or down. Also if you angle your 30mm downwards by about 5° you'll find you don't have to nose down quite as much.

Edited by Scoundrel
Hellfires!

for HEAT warhead it would be more accurate to put

blastRadius = 6

blastPower = 15

HEAT warheads should have a blast radius of 1 as they do not actually detonate but launch a stream of molten metal into the target.

an idea would be having 'warhead switching' in the SPH/VAB so you can use an appropriate warhead.

HEAT warheads should have a blast radius of 1 as they do not actually detonate but launch a stream of molten metal into the target.

an idea would be having 'warhead switching' in the SPH/VAB so you can use an appropriate warhead.

There is a blast fragmentation sleeve on the HEAT giving it a lethal radius of about 6m without noticeably affecting its armour penetrating capability. It would have a blastPower of 6ish for that, but BDA doesn't do discrete blast effects so I'm not sure how that would work.

How do you did it? :o

and can i has link?

Wasn't me…and no

The guy in the comments said it corrupted his game.

Plus even if it was me I wouldn't because it was unintentionally leaked meaning Bahamato would not have wanted it released yet. So out of respect for him I would not.

If this needs to be taken down please let me know and I will ASAP

ah man. im crying. That song that guy used in that video was the song used the the original Kerbals at War. The first time i was introduced to weapons mods....... the nostalgia is real