[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Nice, it did not take me long to get back to control theory. I felt that an automated threat response would be more suitable, shooting flares when incoming fire is detected. However, tracking fast moving debris that is closing in is doable, separating it from the debris you are simply flying over requires a bit of extra sophistication.

Wait, is that a suggestion or you are going to use kOS or something to do it?

Wait, is that a suggestion or you are going to use kOS or something to do it?

Yes, kOS all the way. I would not like this as a fixed part of the mod, that eliminates much of the challenge of either doing it by hand in time or developing a system to help you. Control logic really is what makes KSP interesting (for me).

为何ä¸Âåš两ç§Â东西,一个切æ¢导弹çâ€Â¨,å¦外一个自动伺æœÂ.现在的导弹管ç†太难 找到想è¦Â的东西了

Why don't you make two parts, one to change weapons, the other to auto-aim? The current weapons manager is too cluttered to find what I want.

[MOD - Translated from Chinese - sumghai]

Edited by sumghai

hello. (I don't know much about English grammar,I used google translation program. So Please understand, even if an error in grammar)

I have some idea.

I recommend about Missile interceptor system. more than Countermeasure Flares, Automatically aim the missiles which coming to my ship and click(gun or missile whatever)

to fire it.

I recommend it too. It's a guided bomb called 'Jdam'.

how about these idea? will you add these things???:)

为何ä¸Âåš两ç§Â东西,一个切æ¢导弹çâ€Â¨,å¦外一个自动伺æœÂ.现在的导弹管ç†太难 找到想è¦Â的东西了

Why don't you make two parts, one to change weapons, the other to auto-aim? The current weapons manager is too cluttered to find what I want.

[MOD - Translated from Chinese - sumghai]

It's not a bad idea but I had it all in one part because, from a programming perspective, it was simpler. The guard mode uses almost all of what the weapon manager has. If it's the common opinion that they should be separated, I'll do it in the future.

It still has all the functionality of the 0.5.1 weapon manager, though. Once you set your action groups, it is just as simple.

Edited by BahamutoD

@celia423: The guns will show on the weapons manager, but you can still enable them manually by rightclicking or setting the action group to do so.

Same for every other gun, you can fire anything using action groups.

The weapons manager was made so you can cycle through everything without having to take your hand out of the joystick.

IMHO, it's not convenient weapon management. Largely harder to find him what I wanted and I think the management aims weapons easier to find what I wanted to make operation easier.

Sorry, but I think you should tell us what are the problems and how you think it would be better.

Sorry, but I think you should tell us what are the problems and how you think it would be better.

I'm not sure what his issues with it are, being as I'm not him. However I agree that it needs an upgrade. Clicking next weapon to scroll through a list isn't very helpful In my opinion. I'm not sure what the coding required would be but if there was toolbar integration with a GUI listing each weapon and its status that could be dragged anywhere on the screen like the menus in mods like Mech Jeb or FAR that would be Ideal IMO. That way it'd be easier to select exactly which weapon you want and better to find in the first place

I'm not sure what his issues with it are, being as I'm not him. However I agree that it needs an upgrade. Clicking next weapon to scroll through a list isn't very helpful In my opinion. I'm not sure what the coding required would be but if there was toolbar integration with a GUI listing each weapon and its status that could be dragged anywhere on the screen like the menus in mods like Mech Jeb or FAR that would be Ideal IMO. That way it'd be easier to select exactly which weapon you want and better to find in the first place

Right, that makes a lot of sense.

As I play only with joysticks I didn't notice that you cannot manually select the guns.

So it's a good idea to add that, either using stock or modded toolbar, given that with those you can close the window when not needed.

It would be interesting if on such toolbar the selected gun was highlighted, so it also has a use for joystick users, if they want.

The only thing that I found a bit confusing sometimes it that the top me menu button changes function. When you turn on guard mode, the top button suddenly becomes the second. The rest is just getting used to, I feel.

I've noticed something in my build which may or may not be a BDArmory bug - if I go to the map screen while having an aiming reticule active, e.g. Mk82 Bomb in my case, the reticule is gone when I return from the map with no way to get it back.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

When i activate a turret, the aimer is incredibly low res, and its really hard to aim with, anyone know why?

anyway GREAT mod, but can you add the ability to have gaurd mode on the ship you are flying so with b9 5.2.1 your could make a massive fleet that has auto turrets on every ship

Also does the weapons manager have to be facing the direction the missiles are facing when in guard mode?

I am fairly certain they don't, as long as your FoV is set properly. I made launcher trucks with Infernal Robotics moveable platforms and those fire away whatever the direction. Sometimes a bit too happily, as one rocket can send them all in a frenzy, but that should be fixable with a little tweaking.