0.24 Mod Compatibility Testing

Helix935

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter works as long as you delete all the RasterPropMonitor and Smokescreen folders, if you don't, it hangs on "Squad/PodCockpit/model" and then crashes. So add that in a note on the side. Ofc this was only under basic testing, launched it and landed it. It's probably best to wait for an update, but still works.

Unless something has changed in the way the config file works, changing a Kerbal's spacesuit and head with Texture Replacer isn't working for me.

Everything is working for me except the custom kerbals and the no helmet in breathable atmosphere.

Texture Replacer has only worked for the skybox and EVA Visor reflection for me. Just my 2cents.
That's all that's working for me as well.

Same here. EVA on Kerbin the helmets are on, default facial textures, hair, etc.

OSX 32 bit version.

nebuchadnezzar: it will have them as soon as reports start flowing in. I will add the ones I know.

Helix935, now that there is an official thread, I have taken the liberty of removing "semi-official" from the title. Hope that's ok!

Um, a little confused here. The thread Chris linked is specifically talking about compatibility with the 64bit build, not general compatibility with 0.24. There are plenty of issues that may keep mods from working outside of 64bit compatibility.

Since that thread seems better suited to receive detailed reports about 64bit issues and this one is just a list of mods reported working in 0.24, I don't think you want to "move everyone over there" at all. The best change would be to remove the "for 64-bit" part of this title, since its not being followed anyway and let both threads do their jobs.

(by the way, both of my mods work as well in 0.24 as 0.23.5, and career balance updates are underway)

Not sure about the 64 Bit Version, but I can confirm for the 32 Bit Version that Kerbal Engineer Redux doesn´t work correctly when it comes to spaceship parts ...

in Build Mode it gives me a System-Missing Field Exception for all stage displays ...

in flight mode, the physical values of surface and orbital display are shown correctly,

but the stage values (dV, TWR and the like) also don´t work here

I doubt that it is differently for 64 Bit (as it seems to be caused by some internal changes that squad did to the parts)

Toolbar

ATM basic

B9( only 10 -20 parts)

EVE/BA (Better atmosphere must haves listed as BA+) medium

Crossfeed enabler

distant object enhancement

engineer(redux)

exsugent engineering (only DLL)

firespitter ( only DLL)

JSI(Rosterprop)

Kerbaltek

Kittopia Space (BA+)

klockheed_martian ( only DLL)

Kw rocketry

mechjeb( only DLL)

Modstatistics

MP Nazari-hot rockets

Nearfuture

NorthkeSerCom

ParameciumKid

R&S Capsuledyne

Rss

RLA stocklike (only 5-10 parts)

Scansat(only DLL)

SmokeScreen (only DLL)

Splaceplane PLus

Texture Replacer (BA +)

Alarmclock-TriggerTech

Vessel view

all latest vesions, toolbar update came today included, during start up game mod manager warns me about firesplitter and real solar system mod incopatabilty,(although i only have their dlls not the actual mods becouse they were needed for the mods i use ) but i have recorded no visible impact to space plane plus (firesplitter dll needed for it) and better atmospheres (real solar system dll),kerbal engineering redux works "halfways" CONFIRMED"this has a fix in previous comments on this thread.

either these FS and RSS are false positive or anything else, evreything on this list works as intended as it was with 23.5, windows 64 bit,

Edited by TheReaper

We should provide links to the latest versions as we did in mod compatibily thread for 23.5

It was / is the best way to avoid having threads all over the place with updates and last versions and patches, etc.

Just a sugestion. You report a mod working, send a link. Be a friend. :)

Hey guys, there's now an official thread for this, so I'd like you all to head to this thread now.

Thanks!

Um, a little confused here. The thread Chris linked is specifically talking about compatibility with the 64bit build, not general compatibility with 0.24. There are plenty of issues that may keep mods from working outside of 64bit compatibility.

Since that thread seems better suited to receive detailed reports about 64bit issues and this one is just a list of mods reported working in 0.24, I don't think you want to "move everyone over there" at all. The best change would be to remove the "for 64-bit" part of this title, since its not being followed anyway and let both threads do their jobs.

(by the way, both of my mods work as well in 0.24 as 0.23.5, and career balance updates are underway)

I agree with Tiberion here. The two threads have two distinct purposes, and there is no need to direct people from one thread to the other. The "official" thread has been stickied; traffic will naturally flow to that thread instead simply because of its visibility.

active texturemanagment dont fully work yet. in .24 it wont reduce the textures right but it doesnt give any errors just part of the mod isnt working is all.

For the love of the kraken, please don't assume that just because you don't get a "This mod is incompatible" message, that the mod is compatible. Quite the reverse: it means there's no compatibility information in the mod, and therefore you should assume it is not compatible.

Part packs are exempt if they don't rely on plugins.

If the plugin works perfectly under testing, and throws no errors in the output log, only *then* should you rate it as compatible.

Yeah, I got the compatibility message using B9 with the Firespitter V7 .dll, but it still worked fine. By the way, it seems that the Firespitter V7 .dll is working, but not V6.

Nice to see other people took on the job I did originally! Anyway, might wanna reorganize the OP a bit. It's a bit scattered in terms of formatting ATM. By the way, there's a new ModuleManager hotfix for 0.24.