[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

On 15-10-2016 at 0:08 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Altitude has continued to prove reliable as a percentage of the SOI for me (with 0~1 as acceptable values) but Range continues to be confounding. It seems best to also use 0~1 as values for Range. :rolleyes: For my intents I'm content to use only abundance and altitude to give variety to exo-resource distribution, and set both Range parameters to 1.

Well I again wasted a lot of time again doing experiments with space altitude and range and came to the conclusion the system is utterly useless for any serious resource harvesting as it either gives a fixed percentage, or not at all, and there are no shades of gray and it remains the same for all time for anywhere in SOI (including at the launch pad). In my experience, altitude has no or inconsistent random effect. so it might work with either SOI ratio, kilometer or meter, it doesn't matter! When it works at all, you don't even have to be in space to collect antimatter resources, you can do it on the launch pad! Effectively it is single use random generator, which makes any alternative a better choice. It might have worked in the past but in KSP 1.2 your much better of implementing your own random generator. Somehow I think we should not be surprised as the functionality is not part of stock and therefore never properly tested, and probably never will.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 10/14/2016 at 10:54 PM, Kolago said:

Flickering Engineer's Report and Contracts in VAB

Something strange goes on in my game...

I started a career game with some mods installed and at some point the Engineer's Report and Contracts as well as the App Launcher buttons getting flickering and unreadable in the VAB.

This was not right away but after doing some contracts.

So I deinstalled all mods and at the end there was only CommunityResourcePack (0.6.0.0) left.
After all I pinned it down to one file: CommonResources.cfg

Screenshots:

OmivqJV.png

JCN8Fql.png

output_log.txt

https://mega.nz/#!Ot8DWCoS!SRt2k-AaILPv0N7xxKoGycd6MoaipAn5Zcv_ibnski4

Opend issue #121 in github.

I can confirm this bug is related to CRP too, I was having the same problem.  I added and removed Mods 1 by 1 and when CRP is installed, this occurs on my installation too.

pretty sure guys a cfg file defining resources has anything to do with flickering anything. equivalent of two parallel lines they just dont touch each other. the flickering stuff is caused by a dll gone wild somewhere. I have the same problem as well so I know the problem exists just it aint this doing it. most likely culprit is the filter extensions. so double check that you DONT have 000_FilterExtension in your gamedata folder im betting you do.  

18 hours ago, SebastianPahlsson said:

@RoverDude Just downloaded MKS for ksp version 1.2. I want to produce Specialized Parts but my orbital scanner can´t fins the resource "silicates". Not the narrow band scanner either. I even tried to Hyper edit miners all over kerbin and minimus. The miner won´t mine silicates either. Please help!

Aren't you confused with Minerals? To my understanding MKS doesn't use Silicates or Silicon, they are KSPI-E resources used to metal oxygen propulsion

Edit: Oh, I see MKS does use Silicates  and Silicon,  @RoverDude I will add KSPI existing resource definition to CRP

Edited by FreeThinker

On 10/18/2016 at 2:34 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

pretty sure guys a cfg file defining resources has anything to do with flickering anything. equivalent of two parallel lines they just dont touch each other. the flickering stuff is caused by a dll gone wild somewhere. I have the same problem as well so I know the problem exists just it aint this doing it. most likely culprit is the filter extensions. so double check that you DONT have 000_FilterExtension in your gamedata folder im betting you do.  

I have the same flicker, and again only when Community Resource Pack is installed.  I don't have that 000_FilterExtension you're talking about.

On 10/18/2016 at 0:09 PM, GirlFlyer101 said:

I can confirm this bug is related to CRP too, I was having the same problem.  I added and removed Mods 1 by 1 and when CRP is installed, this occurs on my installation too.

Same here.  I can have 0 mods except for CRP and it flickers.  No vessel is loaded, brand new save.

Bug

Whenever I accept a contract with this mod, the contract will be accepted, but as soon as I go to an active vessel or the tracking station, it will disappear or will be autocompleted, still not sure which one.

Additionally, waypoints will not show in the map views, probably as a consequence of the contract thing, but it might be another issue entirely.

I tracked this issue to this mod after extensive mod disabling/reenabling.

31 minutes ago, mbartelsm said:

Bug

Whenever I accept a contract with this mod, the contract will be accepted, but as soon as I go to an active vessel or the tracking station, it will disappear or will be autocompleted, still not sure which one.

Additionally, waypoints will not show in the map views, probably as a consequence of the contract thing, but it might be another issue entirely.

I tracked this issue to this mod after extensive mod disabling/reenabling.

Highly unlikely.  The only thigs this "mod" does is have a bunch of config files that define other resources, like water, hydrogen, etc.  On its own it doesn't do anything.  It is just a repository of common resource definitions used by other mods.

6 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Highly unlikely.  The only thigs this "mod" does is have a bunch of config files that define other resources, like water, hydrogen, etc.  On its own it doesn't do anything.  It is just a repository of common resource definitions used by other mods.

Then it's conflicting with something else, but it's the only mod I had to disable to fix the problem.

1 hour ago, mbartelsm said:

Bug

Do you have Nertea's Kerbal Atomics and/or the Cryo Engines? The first release of it caused that exact bug. If you have them completely remove the mod and ensure the folders are removed then reinstall the new versions which he released to fix it.

Edited by Torih

While the flickering (its more than just flickering, my whole entire contract list, engineers report can be completely blank for a long time.  Also, when you load a ship, part of the load menu appears at the bottom of the screen for me.  You can't interact with it, but it definitely should not be there) may not be directly caused by CRP, somehow the way the definitions interact with core program, in the end causes the problem.  I can take the mod out, and the game works just fine.  For now I've been living with it, because if you remove it any mod that uses resources is unusable without it. I'm wondering if one of the definitions might be out of range causing an overflow into some vital part of memory.  Probably not, but can't see how this mod could cause an issue unless something in the definitions is messing up another part of memory that affects the way things are being displayed.

18 minutes ago, GirlFlyer101 said:

While the flickering (its more than just flickering, my whole entire contract list, engineers report can be completely blank for a long time.  Also, when you load a ship, part of the load menu appears at the bottom of the screen for me.  You can't interact with it, but it definitely should not be there) may not be directly caused by CRP, somehow the way the definitions interact with core program, in the end causes the problem.  I can take the mod out, and the game works just fine.  For now I've been living with it, because if you remove it any mod that uses resources is unusable without it. I'm wondering if one of the definitions might be out of range causing an overflow into some vital part of memory.  Probably not, but can't see how this mod could cause an issue unless something in the definitions is messing up another part of memory that affects the way things are being displayed.

On the flip side I can run a stock game with only CRP and get zero issues.  So at the end of the day it isn't CRP.

Edited by goldenpsp

I don't really know where to post this, I hope this is the right place,

I noticed yesterday that the ore distribution on the Mun has changed completely, only noticed when I wondered why my extractor was so bloody slow. . . . . turns out its now on a patch with 0 ore. All the other resources might have moved about too I haven't checked.

Now I've been doing a lot of faffing around changing and tweaking all sorts about in an effort to get my save into a fit state to transfer to 1.2 so I'm afraid I have no idea what specific changes might have caused it. Currently still on 1.1.3

What might have caused this? Anyway I can prevent it happening again?

35 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

I don't really know where to post this, I hope this is the right place,

I noticed yesterday that the ore distribution on the Mun has changed completely, only noticed when I wondered why my extractor was so bloody slow. . . . . turns out its now on a patch with 0 ore. All the other resources might have moved about too I haven't checked.

Now I've been doing a lot of faffing around changing and tweaking all sorts about in an effort to get my save into a fit state to transfer to 1.2 so I'm afraid I have no idea what specific changes might have caused it. Currently still on 1.1.3

What might have caused this? Anyway I can prevent it happening again?

Stock ore has nothing to do with CRP. It is completely handled by well...stock. 

9 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Stock ore has nothing to do with CRP. It is completely handled by well...stock. 

Fair enough, well the only stock thing that I changed even slightly recently was upgrading to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2, is that likely to have changed the ore distribution map?

Questions remain, I figure those here likely know the most about whatever system is responsible for the resource distributions maps, stock or otherwise. 

If there's a better place to post these questions then pls let me know, I'm guessing @RoverDude will have the most knowledge of the system.

Edited by Bishop149

Just a shot in the dark but...there was a lot of work done to improve biomes in 1.2. So it's possible that what you are asking for is impossible. It's also possible you were on the edge of a biome which was redefined/cleaned up. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.