[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

On 2/23/2016 at 1:33 PM, blowfish said:

@Ruedii bac9 made the new parts from scratch, so there's basically no relationship between the textures/uv maps on the old parts and the new ones.  So unfortunately I think what you're proposing would be quite complicated.

So basically they'd need to be rewrapped, including adjusting scaling on many of the parts, and a few of the parts (e.g. Mk2b Cockpit series) would require complete overhaul.

I could take a comparative look at the textures and UV Maps.  You certainly can't simply switch out the textures.

Do you happen to have high-res versions of the patterns used in the legacy part textures that could be used to make completely new textures using the old base materials

46 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Do you happen to have high-res versions of the patterns used in the legacy part textures that could be used to make completely new textures using the old base materials

I don't have any of the source files.  They're available as png in older versions, but they're the same resolution - the dds textures were created directly from the PNGs.

I've searched everywhere for a solution to this bug, but haven't found it. The Bug: L2 low profile engine continues to burn even after fuel runs out. The continued burn is without thrust however.

Did I forget to update something? Am I missing something? Do I need me to upload a file or something for debugging?(please state where to get file if this is the case, *im noobish at that)

11 minutes ago, Yagami007 said:

I've searched everywhere for a solution to this bug, but haven't found it. The Bug: L2 low profile engine continues to burn even after fuel runs out. The continued burn is without thrust however.

Did I forget to update something? Am I missing something? Do I need me to upload a file or something for debugging?(please state where to get file if this is the case, *im noobish at that)

Confirmed.  Might have to do with KSP changing the way certain engine effects are handled in the last few versions.  Should be an easy fix, I'll try to release a new version soonish.

@blowfish I'm trying to build a replica of a harrier in KSP. There's no way you could help me use the firespitter VTOL module that the VS and VA engines use on the jump jet engines from KAX to make them work like the real thing, is there? I tried adding the module (and did change the target object to what I think was the proper mesh), but I don't know enough about the model or the module to figure it out.

1 hour ago, gkorgood said:

@blowfish I'm trying to build a replica of a harrier in KSP. There's no way you could help me use the firespitter VTOL module that the VS and VA engines use on the jump jet engines from KAX to make them work like the real thing, is there? I tried adding the module (and did change the target object to what I think was the proper mesh), but I don't know enough about the model or the module to figure it out.

I actually tried to do this once, and it turns out you need to re-export the model as things are oriented incorrectly.  I got it working back in 0.90, no guarantees that it still works, but I've packaged it up here.  Requires KAX of course, and license is the same.

16 minutes ago, Proteus said:

always wanted to try this mod out but never had the opportunity can some one please tell me if this mod stable in 64 bit version?

1. It's the 64 bit version of KSP itself that is unstable, not any particular mods (on Windows - on Linux it's fine)
  2. Nothing in B9 is blocked on 64 bit (Windows), but you will get no support if you encounter issues.  Due to the issues with Unity 64 bit on Windows, it is impossible to distinguish issues caused by it from actual issues with a mod.
  3. If you're just running B9, you shouldn't need more than 4 GB of memory.  If you're running B9 and a bunch of other stuff, then there are workarounds that don't require using the 64 bit hack.  Running with -force-d3d11 or -force-opengl both reduce memory usage considerably.  There is also Dynamic Texture Loader

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

I actually tried to do this once, and it turns out you need to re-export the model as things are oriented incorrectly.  I got it working back in 0.90, no guarantees that it still works, but I've packaged it up here.  Requires KAX of course, and license is the same.

Thanks so much! I'm heading to bed for now but I'll test it out tomorrow and let you know if it works.

I'm sorry if this sounds impertinent but why was the B9 landing gear removed from the main install, I know it's in the legacy zip but it was I would ague the best landing gear period I know you have the multiwheels stuff but those are ridiculous and never break there made out of adamantium or something, but the B9 landing gear was the best and even if I wasn't going to use the hole mod I would still use the landing gear.

Tbh the landing gear was still a little OP but for a game it was just right.

9 minutes ago, etheoma said:

I'm sorry if this sounds impertinent but why was the B9 landing gear removed from the main install, I know it's in the legacy zip but it was I would ague the best landing gear period I know you have the multiwheels stuff but those are ridiculous and never break there made out of adamantium or something, but the B9 landing gear was the best and even if I wasn't going to use the hole mod I would still use the landing gear.

Tbh the landing gear was still a little OP but for a game it was just right.

If there's something imbalanced about the way adjustable landing gear feel, then that's probably something you should take up in that thread.  From where I stand the adjustable gear fill all of the possible roles that the old ones did and are much more versatile.  But the old ones are still available, that's the whole point of the legacy pack.

27 minutes ago, blowfish said:

If there's something imbalanced about the way adjustable landing gear feel, then that's probably something you should take up in that thread.  From where I stand the adjustable gear fill all of the possible roles that the old ones did and are much more versatile.  But the old ones are still available, that's the whole point of the legacy pack.

Where are these new landing gear because I have carefully looked through all the Utilities section.

Edit; I also tried adding the folder for the landing gear back in and there also not showing up in game.

There are also no files saying anything like landing gear in the parts file or Zip and I'm not talking about landing legs.

mlTo8Ve.png

Oh did you mean outside the B9 there is decent landing gear, ah ok, but I do like profer the orignal landing gear and I can't get them to show just by adding the folder back.

Edited by etheoma

@etheoma Outside of B9, there is Adjustable Landing Gear.  They're actually very similar to the old B9 gear but much more flexible.  I highly recommend them.

If you're trying to install parts of the legacy pack, you should install the whole legacy pack and then just delete the parts you don't want.  Many things rely on specific paths in GameData, so if you move something from B9_Aerospace_Legacy to B9_Aerospace, then it's not going to work.

On 2/28/2016 at 8:03 AM, daniel l. said:

Any plans for HX Command pods?

This:D

Is there a way to copy the HX end piece, change its texture to have some some glass-like color and/or bump map for the surface between those structural edges?
It already looks like a decent, fitting command pod...except for not commanding anything:P

I don't care about IVA...yes they look cool, I lost myself within the Hypersonic S2 cockpit for hours, just crashing and flat-spinning because I was busy flipping all the light switches and stuff inside. But in the end, I have spent less than 1% of B9 flight time in IVA.
Just to have an actual fitting command deck on HX motherships would be so awesome

5 hours ago, marc defranco said:

Just formatted my PC and reinstalled all my previous mods. Now getting a "B9.Engine.Jet.Pod.Small.PylonS" missing part error from one of my crafts. I have base B9, legacy, and HX all installed and still can't find this part. Any help? 

The error message

The pylons were removed in 6.0 - they're integrated into the engines now.  If you absolutely need to recover the craft file, install the previous version (5.4.0), load the craft, remove the pylons and engines, save, install 6.0, load again, and re-add the engines, switching to whatever pylon setup you want.

4 hours ago, blowfish said:

The pylons were removed in 6.0 - they're integrated into the engines now.  If you absolutely need to recover the craft file, install the previous version (5.4.0), load the craft, remove the pylons and engines, save, install 6.0, load again, and re-add the engines, switching to whatever pylon setup you want.

Got it, thanks for the help. Is there a repo of previous releases anywhere?

Edited by marc defranco

Just that I don't want to have to deal with as many different places to check for mod updates. Also, could you migrate to Interstellar Fuel Switch? FSFuelSwitch is kinda broken. Also, most of the parts arent showing up for some reason. Just cockpits, engines, a few bicouplers and a crew tank for mk2-b9. Mac, about 15 other mods installed : KER, Trajectories, MechJeb, Modular Rocket Systems, Firespitter, Gamedata-6 (?), BDArmory, Kerbal Historical Institute, maybe a few others, updated to major versions (not patches)