[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

8 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Thank you.

When you fix it can you post  a solution into the Firespiter thread please ?

They have the same issue with foldable rotors.

That doesn't sound like the same issue or are you experiencing something like you describe. That didn't happen on my end and would require you to give @blowfish your log files.

And now for something completely different. The S2 fuselage is probably my favorite fuselage system of the whole mod. But it is an odd beast because S2 wide tanks, engine couplings and the regular S2 tail are really differently textured from regular S2 parts and the S2 wide cargo bays. It looks like different people with different design ideas worked on these. I still wonder why B9 and his team left those parts as they were.

I tried to correct this a bit and at least make the parts blend a bit better

Here is a picture of my SSTO the Swiftwind with how textures normally are and what things look like after my alteration:

BEFORE

aW9FWvf.jpg

AFTER

KGx0LaQ.jpg

I think the alteration helps quite a bit in making it blend better together. Of course the glossyness of the parts differ but this stuff is in the alpha layer which I can't access without the source files.

I even tried a way more involved alteration to the less detailed parts. I tried to graft the HRSI tiles onto them, I used the S2 Tail as my trial object, ALAS I failed :(

RNThuR9.jpg

OjAahGH.jpg

o4JPkFB.jpg

As you can see in these pictures, the textures I was able to use straight are tolerable. (They will never be as sharp as in the original model because they are of higher resolution which is downscaled onto the model). But the textures where I had to change the rotation and alter the size quite a bit are a blurry mess where they wrap around the model. And there is nothing I can do to make them sharper. I wasted one and half days on this but at least I tried. Really makes me wish we could get a modeller and texture artist on board again to redo the parts I mentioned and apply the better textures to those new models. The S2 then wouldn't look like two different contractors where asked to build the parts and they never exchanged any notes besides basic dimensions.

Those S2 parts were creatred long before B9PW, therefore is mismatch with textures. Also KSP itself have changes along way with shaders and what not. To me it looks like bumbmaps are off, but I don't have much knowlage how that is handled in unity game engine.

Anyhow, upper section of S2 parts looks much better after alteration.

Flashblade, are you sure?

I've downloaded the latest version possible from Github:

https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9AnimationModules/releases

Version number is 1.0.4 https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9AnimationModules/releases/download/v1.0.4/B9AnimationModules_1-0-4.zip

released 23 days ago.

B9 Aerospace Pre 6.2 https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9-Aerospace/releases/download/v6.2.0-pre/B9_Aerospace_6-2-0-pre.zip

has been released 21 days ago.

And the bundled B9AnimationModules.version says 1.0.4

Dear Blowfish, thank you.

Should note however that KSP doesn't log any ordinary event like leg opening and closure, gear deploy and retraction, light toggling and engine switching. Of course, you may know this.

There's no info on game events, monitor configuration, extra PC devices et cetera. A log definitely has zero information to fix legs. It has nothing on legs unless they overstressed, crashed or exploded .

You mention Firespitter - it clarifies the situation a little (although Flashblade's message was a bit different)

As i said before, Firespitter rotors misperform very similar.

Edited by _Astra_
little correction

2 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Dear Blowfish, thank you.

Should note however that KSP doesn't log any ordinary event like leg opening and closure, gear deploy and retraction, light toggling and engine switching. Of course, you may know this.

There's no info on game events, monitor configuration, extra PC devices et cetera. A log definitely has zero information to fix legs. It has nothing on legs unless they overstressed, crashed or exploded .

You mention Firespitter - it clarifies the situation a little (although Flashblade's message was a bit different)

As i said before, Firespitter rotors misperform very similar.

The difference is though that for me the landing legs work just as intended so the problem must be somewhere on your end. Therefor please provide logs that we can help you figure this out. To me it sounds more like something is screwy with your install instead of their being an actual bug.

Edited by Flashblade

BTW good folks, news on when you can expect the next official version of B9. Is it going to be any time soon? Not likely...

Chained dependencies are a bleep.

Keep enjoying the pre-release folks, it is gonna be still a while. :cool:

Edited by Flashblade

On 11/19/2016 at 9:29 PM, blowfish said:

The landing legs still use Firespitter animation modules.  Make sure Firespitter is up to date and if that doesn't work provide logs as usual.

I suspect "up-to-date" firespitter may be source of this issue.

7.4.2 -> B9 legs folding&unfolding in endless loop.

7.4.1 -> Beautiful!

Can't find what is missing in parameters for FSAnimateGeneric to stop it from doing this endless animation, btw. Maybe it is a bug in Firespitter itself.

Edited by ThirdOfSeven
Many edits to fix previous edits

7 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

I suspect "up-to-date" firespitter may be source of this issue.

7.4.2 -> B9 legs folding&unfolding in endless loop.

7.4.1 -> Beautiful!

Can't find what is missing in parameters for FSAnimateGeneric to stop it from doing this endless animation, btw. Maybe it is a bug in Firespitter itself.

Yep it is firespitter without a doubt. All of a sudden my install acted up as well. I had animation loops on the S3 cockpit and the small S2 crew part. I solved the problem by reinstalling firespitter from the pre-release. I assume that removing the temporary files the plugin creates might be enough to solve the problem but I didn't test it. So @_Astra_ the bug report belongs into the firespitter thread :)

1 hour ago, DiamondKSP52 said:

When is the update for 1.2 coming?

It'll get here when it gets here. For future reference, please refrain from asking for updates to mods -- it's against the rules, and is impolite to the modders.

The answer to the question "When is the update of $MOD for $KSP_Version gonna come?" is always "Soon™", so don't bother asking.

There's an unofficial release of B9 for 1.2.x in @Flashblade's signature (the second post yours), but no official release until all the dependencies are updated.

Edited by King Something

@Flashblade and others.  Regarding the looping legs and firespitter:

The same issue was found in the Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System thread, specifically with the Station Setvice Tug (SST) and its looping movement of the RCS Boom animation. I'm out of my office right now, but when i get back, I'll post/link that part of the discussion.  The suggested fix worked, no more looping. 

Maybe that would help solve the blinking cockpit lights and the legs?

7 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

-snip-

Yes it will be an issue for every part that uses the fs animation module. I had a look at the KSO thread. So the solution is to replace the fs animation module with the stock one. @blowfish if we did this, would we even have anymore need for firespitter or could we get rid of another dependency entirely?

4 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

Yes it will be an issue for every part that uses the fs animation module. I had a look at the KSO thread. So the solution is to replace the fs animation module with the stock one. @blowfish if we did this, would we even have anymore need for firespitter or could we get rid of another dependency entirely?

The big remaining FS dependency is the VTOL engines.  If not for those I would have purged it long ago.  I guess this is as good a time as any to remove the remaining FS animation modules though.

How many people use those VTOL engines anyway ? If there is not significant number of users, maybe it can be pushed to legacy part pack along with firespitter plugin as dependency ?

Don't get me wrong, those VTOLs are cool, but somehow not way too practical for usage. I always end with either, combination of engines with fixed vertical thrust and additional engines for longitudinal thrust or with usage of Infernal robotics. I assume that VTOL craft builders end up with usage of TCA to control their craft and TCA is not way too good in calculation with rotating engines. Therefore they end up with fixed vertical engines.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

How many people use those VTOL engines anyway ? If there is not significant number of users, maybe it can be pushed to legacy part pack along with firespitter plugin as dependency ?

Don't get me wrong, those VTOLs are cool, but somehow not way too practical for usage. I always end with either, combination of engines with fixed vertical thrust and additional engines for longitudinal thrust or with usage of Infernal robotics. I assume that VTOL craft builders end up with usage of TCA to control their craft and TCA is not way too good in calculation with rotating engines. Therefore they end up with fixed vertical engines.

This is correct in my case. I built quite a few VTOL craft but always with double, fixed engines.

The two of us hardly constitute a relevant sample tough. Indeed i doubt you could get a significant number of users to express themselves on the forum at all.

The answer to: "How many people use those VTOL engines anyway ? " will have to be a guess.

Edited by Vrana