NASA IXS Class Warpship, and Spacedocks - For KSP-I and Stock KSP

Stevie_D

I expect my suggestion RE some kind of collaboration got buried in other posts.

Nah, OP is just MIA for a pretty long time.

EDIT: Op has been inactive since the 23rd of September.

EDIT2: What is the license of this addon even?

Edited by wasmic

Nah, OP is just MIA for a pretty long time.

EDIT: Op has been inactive since the 23rd of September.

EDIT2: What is the license of this addon even?

Last activity was 12th November. You could try posting a message on his YouTube channel, RoverDude?

I also like this, a lot. (So, adding bandwidth.... )

I switched back from Interstellar lite to standard Interstellar (since it's been updated) and was wondering if there'd be an issue with this.

I'll give it a try when I get a chance, but it'd be nice to know in advance if it'll blow up my save game.

I suggest backing up your save before trying this...or anything else you are unsure of.

Also, report on this as I want to know as well.

Edit: Well, I tested it myself, and there were no game crashes. However, the ship's main reactor does not work. I believe it's fixable, just some editing of the part config (be sure to create an MM patch). I really only wanted the command pod and rings, so I'm not going to bother with the reactor itself for the time being, particularly since I don't know how much power the author intended for it to put out.

Edit 2: Before removing the reactor and other parts I don't want, I checked the part config for the reactor itself and have determined that an MM patch or config edit should fix the reactor and make it functional. Essentially the ThermalPower entry in the FNAntimatterReactor module needs to be changed to a PowerOutput entry. More might be required, but that's all I see at a glance.

Edited by Einarr

Either way, CC license and I may just change things on my end and release my own patch that makes the stock drive work. Just no bubble (boo!)

Would the bubble work if you welded the existing part to a new model? Create a teeny placeholder model with whatever transforms, meshes, etc you need to gen the bubble and then weld on Stevie D's warp drive model.

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to have the mod run without Interstellar? As much as I want this I cant be bothered to downgrade KSP to a previous Release of Interstellar/probably might not be able to run Interstellar considering I already have a vast number of mods in my arsenal already

is it possible to have the mod run without Interstellar? As much as I want this I cant be bothered to downgrade KSP to a previous Release of Interstellar/probably might not be able to run Interstellar considering I already have a vast number of mods in my arsenal already

there is stock, but no warp. KSP-I light was what it was designed for and is probably less data-heavy

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! I just found this mod, it looks amazing! I'm just spitting out a message here to say "WOW" and now I'll read the last few pages to see if there are any issues. Then I will play test this with .90 version and give you guys an update if it works. It will be a few days before I respond back, hopefully it won't be to long :kiss:

• 2 weeks later...

To date KSP-i lite has not been updated to .90 and doesn't work as is. Hence the IXS for KSP-i lite doesn't work for .90 either. But, i found that the stock version works well on .90 for as far as i've been able to test. With the exception of the cockpit: put the separate stock cockpit mod in place and its fixed. You do need to install the latest firespitter core and add the .dll to the plugin directory in the KSP directory, adding firespitter to gamedata doesn't cut it. but i think that is simply a case of an outdated path somewhere in the parts file.

I hope the Op returns soon to update, or i may find it irresistible to take over this effort :) The IXS is simply THE coolest ship in KSP.

To date KSP-i lite has not been updated to .90 and doesn't work as is. Hence the IXS for KSP-i lite doesn't work for .90 either. But, i found that the stock version works well on .90 for as far as i've been able to test. With the exception of the cockpit: put the separate stock cockpit mod in place and its fixed. You do need to install the latest firespitter core and add the .dll to the plugin directory in the KSP directory, adding firespitter to gamedata doesn't cut it. but i think that is simply a case of an outdated path somewhere in the parts file.

I hope the Op returns soon to update, or i may find it irresistible to take over this effort :) The IXS is simply THE coolest ship in KSP.

normal KSP-I should work.

Well, I just tested this with Boris' KSPI and it doesn't seem to work. The reactor in the main hull says that it is UF4 deprived and doesn't seem to function. As has been stated, the stock IXS does seem to work well.

I'm uninstalling Boris' KSPI and installing FreeThinker's KSPI + NF integration and I'll check whether or not the KSPI version works with that, but I think the culprit might actually be RealFuels.

Bottom line, this mod needs a maintainer if it's going to live much longer. I wish I knew enough to do it myself, because I would certainly be willing.

Well, I just tested this with Boris' KSPI and it doesn't seem to work. The reactor in the main hull says that it is UF4 deprived and doesn't seem to function. As has been stated, the stock IXS does seem to work well.

I'm uninstalling Boris' KSPI and installing FreeThinker's KSPI + NF integration and I'll check whether or not the KSPI version works with that, but I think the culprit might actually be RealFuels.

Bottom line, this mod needs a maintainer if it's going to live much longer. I wish I knew enough to do it myself, because I would certainly be willing.

agreed. needs to carry on. maybe integrated into KSP-I

• 3 weeks later...

Try this

MODULE{

name = FNAntimatterReactor

ReactorTemp = 10000

ThermalPower = 10000

resourceRate = 1.10

originalName = Gas Core

upgradedName = Plasma Core

upgradedReactorTemp = 22000

upgradedThermalPower = 22000

upgradeCost = 150

upgradedResourceRate = 1.12

upgradeTechReq = interstellarTechUHEPhysics

radius = 3.75

consumeGlobal = true

reactorType = 32

fuelEfficiency = 0.3

upgradedFuelEfficiency = 0.3

}

edit: this will fix the reactor fuel usage.

Edited by reaperrising

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.