Devnote Tuesdays: The "Notice My Bug Report, Senpai" Edition

SQUAD

It HAS to be deformable terrain, because good players rarely crash?

I really wish the kids who think it's deformable terrain/destructible buildings would sober up. Squad hasn't even given us a way to financially recover dropped stages, they're not giving us deformation physics. Especially in a build that seems to be running ahead of schedule.

"Hey guys, we know we haven't even given you clouds yet, or water physics, or real aerodynamics, or even rocket damage beyond vague *pop*s, but here's DEFORMABLE TERRAIN AND DESTRUCTIBLE BUILDINGS!"

There's a problem with that argument. YOu could splice about 100 things they HAVE put in the game and it sounds just as ridiculous.

...asteroids that slow down so much in atmo that they land on their own!

...a soccer ball!

...a bumpier Mun!

...Biomes! On planets that can't support life!

...right-clicky science!

...nosecones that increase drag!

...etc etc etc.

I really wish the kids who think it's deformable terrain/destructible buildings would sober up. Squad hasn't even given us a way to financially recover dropped stages, they're not giving us deformation physics. Especially in a build that seems to be running ahead of schedule.

I can't believe you thought I was being literal. We all know that the CPU would disintegrate the instant a rocket were to crash into the ground...

There's a problem with that argument. YOu could splice about 100 things they HAVE put in the game and it sounds just as ridiculous.

...asteroids that slow down so much in atmo that they land on their own!

...a soccer ball!

...a bumpier Mun!

...Biomes! On planets that can't support life!

...right-clicky science!

...nosecones that increase drag!

...etc etc etc.

Are you suggesting they're planning on a secret element and it'll be so poorly polished that we'll get deformable terrain and/or destructible buildings by accident?

edit: And I wasn't targeting you specifically with that post, Rthsom. Just as a cue on that particular running belief in general.

Edited by Franklin

edit: And I wasn't targeting you specifically with that post, Rthsom. Just as a cue on that particular running belief in general.

No problem. The devs have enough things to fix or add to the game, no need for laggy, useless (but it would be pretty cool :P) things like deformable terrain yet.

Are you suggesting they're planning on a secret element and it'll be so poorly polished that we'll get deformable terrain and/or destructible buildings by accident

Not at all. Every one of the things I listed were put in - as far as I know - completely and totally on purpose by Squad.

See post #157

My guess is end-of-mission cinematics or something similar. For this update they'll just do the funerals/memorials for deceased kerbals. Later updates will do the ticker-tape parades welcoming home their spaceship-jockey heroes.

Ah. Well okay then :). If you put it that way :P

My guess is end-of-mission cinematics or something similar. For this update they'll just do the funerals/memorials for deceased kerbals. Later updates will do the ticker-tape parades welcoming home their spaceship-jockey heroes.

So, cutscenes, yes?

Well, the art department must have petitioned for more screentime for their work? :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.