The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

So, how about some release speculation hype folks. It's been nearly a week since experimentalist so I'm thinking SquadCast Friday for the final reveal, Media Release Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday Release?

That works for me. My parents are in town visiting starting tomorrow and ending on Monday. If the new build comes out the day after that I'll be all set to delve into it!

Actually I think it was 0.18 that had the last major Unity switch: 0.18.0 - 0.18.2 and 0.18.3 (the demo) were built on Unity 3, 0.18.4 was built on Unity 4. So in that scenario it could be very possible that 0.25 was built on Unity 4, and later on a version 0.25.1 would be released that runs on Unity 5. Mind you that a new version of Unity always brings with it new and interesting bugs. ;)

Edited by KasperVld

Actually I think it was 0.18 that had the last major Unity switch: 0.18.0 - 0.18.2 and 0.18.3 (the demo) were built on Unity 3, 0.18.4 was built on Unity 4. So in that scenario it could be very possible that 0.25 was built on Unity 4, and later on a version 0.25.1 would be released that runs on Unity 5. Mind you that a new version of Unity always brings with it new and interesting bugs. ;)

That is an interesting scenario. Probably better to do a major Unity update separate from adding features to make regression testing a bit easier, would avoid the "Is this bug because of the new Unity or because of TopSecretNewFeatureX?" issues. (Nitpick: the demo, 0.18.3, is on Unity 4)

That said, Unity 4 was released in November 2012 and KSP wasn't ported over until February 2013, I would not expect KSP to move to Unity 5 immediately after release. Though I suppose it's possible that KSP's much higher profile now would motivate the Unity people to help get KSP ported as quickly as possible; KSP is one of Unity's flagship applications in terms of stretching the engine to its limits.

I have two solutions for the fact that the HypeShuttle is catching up.

1) I propose modifying the HypeTrain's locomotive while in motion. Based on the theory of a track pan (see Track Pan) we place HypeIntakes on the HypeTrain to boost its speed.

2) When a new update arrives at last, everyone seems to notice that the hype disappears from the forums. It does, but Hype does not follow the law of Entropy. I have a massive HypeCollector in my basement, and about 3-4 updates worth of Hype. I was attempting to make a HypeBooster, but will gladly spare the entire collection. I can condense said Hype into a superdense form of HypeCoal, which should increase the Hypetrain's speed by approximately 23.9%

Gregroxmun, I await your confirmation. I'm way in the back if you need me, or my equipment.

I have two solutions for the fact that the HypeShuttle is catching up.

1) I propose modifying the HypeTrain's locomotive while in motion. Based on the theory of a track pan (see Track Pan) we place HypeIntakes on the HypeTrain to boost its speed.

2) When a new update arrives at last, everyone seems to notice that the hype disappears from the forums. It does, but Hype does not follow the law of Entropy. I have a massive HypeCollector in my basement, and about 3-4 updates worth of Hype. I was attempting to make a HypeBooster, but will gladly spare the entire collection. I can condense said Hype into a superdense form of HypeCoal, which should increase the Hypetrain's speed by approximately 23.9%

Gregroxmun, I await your confirmation. I'm way in the back if you need me, or my equipment.

*detaches back carriage*

no dont delete ksp

tumblr_lfqn4wnipd1qbwflao1_400.jpg

...except with KSP instead of cookies. Actually, how about both? KSP AND COOKIES FOR BEST AWESOMENESS

I've had dreams before about a union of KSP and SpaceEngine, i.e. a game that had a little of both in it, with some EVE in for spice. Someday I want to make that game...