[V5.0 RC1 released] AeroKerbin Industries Modified IVAs

MasseFlieger

I especially like the career-friendly approach of instrument upgrades. Too bad it has to be completely separate cockpits, but that's the obvious method to do it. Another could be the fuel-switcher tweak menu in the SPH/VAB, but that's not likely something that would affect IVAs, right?

[edit] -- it also appears that, as of the 5.0 version, none of the other cockpits are now present in this pack (especially the KN-2).

Edited by Beetlecat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

EDIT: So I tried again and actually got it to work... to an extent. I grabbed the 0.9Beta off the KSP site and mimicked the gamedata/squad folder to have the old mk1 cokcpit back in 1.0.5, then changed the texture addresses in the configs for modified IVA to point towards the new squad folder with the old mk1 cockpit. The cockpits mostly work however the MFDs will not display cameras and sadly not the Nav Utilities page either; this stuff is beyond my capabilities :P

This mod is by far the best IVA enhancement IMO and I'd love to see it over the ugly new stock mk1 cockpits! Cheers for any info or such 

Edited by pingopete

On 3/24/2016 at 1:40 PM, pingopete said:

EDIT: So I tried again and actually got it to work... to an extent. I grabbed the 0.9Beta off the KSP site and mimicked the gamedata/squad folder to have the old mk1 cokcpit back in 1.0.5, then changed the texture addresses in the configs for modified IVA to point towards the new squad folder with the old mk1 cockpit. The cockpits mostly work however the MFDs will not display cameras and sadly not the Nav Utilities page either; this stuff is beyond my capabilities :P

This mod is by far the best IVA enhancement IMO and I'd love to see it over the ugly new stock mk1 cockpits! Cheers for any info or such 

That's how I use it in my install as well, except I put the old parts and internals into the AKI folder. :D NavUtilities works for me, though. So does the placeable external JSI cam - I don't think the parts have cameras built in.  Do you have the AddNavUtilstoASET.cfg in GameData/AKI/ModifiedIVA/Configs?

Spoiler

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:Final
{
      @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
      {
        PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_HSI
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_MLS
                method = DrawMLS
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

btnPrevRwy = 6
                btnNextRwy = 5
                btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
                redirect = home,   menuDefault
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_AI
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_AI
                method = DrawAI
                //buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//btnPrevRwy = 6
                //btnNextRwy = 5
                ///btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
            }
        }
      }
}

Edited by theonegalen

16 hours ago, theonegalen said:

That's how I use it in my install as well, except I put the old parts and internals into the AKI folder. :D NavUtilities works for me, though. Do you have the AddNavUtilstoASET.cfg in GameData/AKI/ModifiedIVA/Configs?

Hide contents

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:Final
{
      @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
      {
        PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_HSI

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_MLS
                method = DrawMLS
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

btnPrevRwy = 6
                btnNextRwy = 5
                btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_AI

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_AI
                method = DrawAI
                //buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//btnPrevRwy = 6
                //btnNextRwy = 5
                ///btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
            }
        }
      }
}

Not on my linux partition atm but will try this soon, thanks! I did make sure I had asset props and aviation though

Edited by pingopete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

First, let me apologize for the absence, I have been away due to real life (boo). Back now and with new computer! Bad news is the old one ate my files.

If anyone has previous versions of the ModifiedIVA, it would be very much appreciated. PM me with link :) Otherwise, I will be restarting the IVAs from scratch.

@MasseFlieger, I don't appear to have the zip file, but I do have the mod extracted in my GameData folder.

(Unfortunately, I also have some personal modifications I made to the original to get it to work with 1.0.5, copying over Squad files from 1.0.4 and renaming some things in the .cfg files - I'm sure you'll be able to figure them out. Can't post the Squad files here. :))

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBZUhabC00dFQwZms

Edited by theonegalen

4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@MasseFlieger, I don't appear to have the zip file, but I do have the mod extracted in my GameData folder.

(Unfortunately, I also have some personal modifications I made to the original to get it to work with 1.0.5, copying over Squad files from 1.0.4 and renaming some things in the .cfg files - I'm sure you'll be able to figure them out. Can't post the Squad files here. :))

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZYgATQfNhBZUhabC00dFQwZms

Thank you! I've also received some file from Stone Blue as well, I think I have enough to get (re)started with these!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2014 at 3:27 PM, MasseFlieger said:

I'm focusing on spaceplanes and aircraft cockpits at the moment - but will likely get to pods as well.

Are there any command pods included with this mod?

1 minute ago, nukeboyt said:

Are there any command pods included with this mod?

Not at the moment mate. Im focusing on the aircraft pits first, almost done on those, and will take a stab at the command pods - mind you there are some spectacular mods already out there with those IVAs.

Hi Deimos,

prior to 6.0 (in developement now, navutils was recommended, but not required - I didnt make use of its prop), the dev version requires it.

I'll upload the previous version to github or another site (and add CKAN support as well)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2016 at 8:24 PM, MasseFlieger said:

prior to 6.0 (in developement now, navutils was recommended, but not required - I didnt make use of its prop), the dev version requires it.

I'll upload the previous version to github or another site (and add CKAN support as well)

I checked both threads and didn't see a link. I'm not trying to rush you, take your time, when it's ready it's ready. However, I have a copy of Modified_IVA-5.0.rc1b (the last available version from Kerbal stuff), will that likely still work? I hear tell one of the stock cockpits got redesigned, not sure if that was before or after this version (8/15/2015), so that one probably wouldn't work.

Lastly, and feel free to say no, would you mind terribly if I threw up a dropbox link to it? Obviously it's old, but two threads and no links is bad karma (or something):). Is there a better version that you'd recommend, say 4.2 instead of the release candidates, that I link to, or would those be fine (assuming you're okay with the idea)? Again, if you say no, I won't.

Cheers.

Edited by Deimos Rast

17 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I checked both threads and didn't see a link. I'm not trying to rush you, take your time, when it's ready it's ready. However, I have a copy of Modified_IVA-5.0.rc1b (the last available version from Kerbal stuff), will that likely still work? I hear tell one of the stock cockpits got redesigned, not sure if that was before or after this version (8/15/2015), so that one probably wouldn't work.

Lastly, and feel free to say no, would you mind terribly if I threw up a dropbox link to it? Obviously it's old, but two threads and no links is bad karma (or something):). Is there a better version that you'd recommend, say 4.2 instead of the release candidates, that I link to, or would those be fine (assuming you're okay with the idea)? Again, if you say no, I won't.

Cheers.

There really isn't a version downloadable that just fits with the current release of KSP. I have modified my own install to include the old cockpits and it required a lot of fiddling around with configs. Until the next version of Modified IVA comes out, I'm using an alternative mod, by fast_de_la_speed. It works quite well, but doesn't include the career progression I greatly look forward to with MIVA.

30 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

There really isn't a version downloadable that just fits with the current release of KSP. I have modified my own install to include the old cockpits and it required a lot of fiddling around with configs. Until the next version of Modified IVA comes out, I'm using an alternative mod, by fast_de_la_speed. It works quite well, but doesn't include the career progression I greatly look forward to with MIVA.

I'll have to look at that, thanks!

I compared the IVAs from 4.2 and the release candidates 5+ and I found the missing Kossak IVAs by the way, and a few other ones (I think you mentioned them earlier in the thread). I'm not sure why he got rid of them, but 5.0 is a big departure from his earlier work, at least from looking at the configs.

Thanks again.

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

I'll have to look at that, thanks!

I compared the IVAs from 4.2 and the release candidates 5+ and I found the missing Kossak IVAs by the way, and a few other ones (I think you mentioned them earlier in the thread). I'm not sure why he got rid of them, but 5.0 is a big departure from his earlier work, at least from looking at the configs.

Thanks again.

I don't have any of the IVAs from before 5+. Would you mind sharing them with me? It's valid by the CreativeCommons license on the mod. :)

As long as MasseFlieger doesn't mind, of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.