[0.90] StarSystems v0.7 (Dec 15) - Under New Managment

medsouz

Ok, I think I found it! Apparently Final Frontier is making a fuss about Kerbol being turned into a black hole. It's throwing errors when it tries to find the sun. Works fine when I removed it.

EDIT: Oops, may have jumped the gun. Removing Final Frontier let me load a game, but I'm still getting null references when I try to change scenes within the space center. Trying on a fresh save shortly.

EDIT EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it's definitely Final Frontier. I put it in my clean save and reproduced the error. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place :confused:

Which means I either broke my save, or there's another incompatibility. Probably the former. :(

I found the source of the issue in FinalFrontier:

At line 72 of GameUtil.cs

public static bool IsSun(CelestialBody body)
{
return body.name.Equals("Sun");
}

and at line 82

public static CelestialBody GetSun()
{
return GetCelestialBody("Sun");
}

The "Sun" he is looking for gets renamed to "Blacky Karman". A way to fix it would be to check for a CelestialBody called "Kerbol" if "Sun" is missing.

EDIT: I'm going to fix this on my end because I'm sure other mods are going to have the same issue. Kerbol is going to be called Sun in StarSystems now.

EDIT 2: Just released the change on KerbalStuff

I know some people are going to disagree with this but I have to either do this or patch every single plugin that looks for the sun. I like this better.

Edited by medsouz

OMG I am so excited to see this picked up by an accomplished modder!!!

I really hope that you can get this up to a workable and stable state!

I didn't see it mentioned but did the issues with strange SOI's get fixed? I know this was an issue with the last version.

with the new update the mod isn't working for me. there's only the default kerbol system.

I'm pretty sure I broke everything with my change last night. I'll check it out in a couple of hours. Sorry! :(

EDIT: Alright I fixed it, next time I'll try to remember to fully test the change.

You can grab v0.3.3 from KerbalStuff

Edited by medsouz

This 3.3 seems to be incompatible with FF as well, but this time it's because it seems to be trying to register two instances of Dolas in its dictionary of bodies. Are there supposed to be two copies of StarSystems.dll in the download? If so, this may just be a case where two mods simply don't get along.

This 3.3 seems to be incompatible with FF as well, but this time it's because it seems to be trying to register two instances of Dolas in its dictionary of bodies. Are there supposed to be two copies of StarSystems.dll in the download? If so, this may just be a case where two mods simply don't get along.

My fault, I messed up the archive.

0.3.3.1 is now on KerbalStuff

The only thing different is that I removed StarSystems.dll from GameData/StarSystems/.

I think I'm done for today. Too tired to do anything right.

i'm not sure if you fixed it but as far as i know planet shiner isn't working.

In that particular case, it would probably be up to the author of Planet Shine to add some sort of support for the planets in the planet packs you're using.

Edited by Veelay

Just thought I would let you guys know, I tried this mod again after I tried it when it first came out and I'm having the same problem where it works great for the first couple days then all of a sudden it will fling my ships out of the system into empty space at high speeds. I'm not good enough at mods to try to figure out why so I will wait for a release, just thought I would let you know. I still feel this has the potential to be the greatest mod for KSP.

Hey, would anything have to be done on this mod to get compatibility with Interstellar mod, or would the changes all be on Interstellar's side? If its just adding configs to things for additional spheres of influence its definitely worth doing, and I'd be happy to take a stab at it. As it is, ships with parts from interstellar just crash - ironically - when they try to travel interstellar.

Hey, would anything have to be done on this mod to get compatibility with Interstellar mod, or would the changes all be on Interstellar's side? If its just adding configs to things for additional spheres of influence its definitely worth doing, and I'd be happy to take a stab at it. As it is, ships with parts from interstellar just crash - ironically - when they try to travel interstellar.

There aren't any inherent incompatibilities with Interstellar, except for a weird bug where you can't drop out of warp near Dolas as far as I'm aware of. All of my interstellar stuff works fine. Are you using the latest version?

I would uhh... like to report a possible bug... I'm not sure if its from StarSystems, or from another mod... but my first thought was that its caused by StarSystems... here is some photo proof:

imgur.com/a/hvfMP/

(hopefully that worked!)

And my log on Dropbox (pretty sure this is it... don't know otherwise... and because the log exeded the pastebin limit....)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 (holy camoly! 4.28 MB! I think something seriously happend....)

I would uhh... like to report a possible bug... I'm not sure if its from StarSystems, or from another mod... but my first thought was that its caused by StarSystems... here is some photo proof:

imgur.com/a/hvfMP/

(hopefully that worked!)

And my log on Dropbox (pretty sure this is it... don't know otherwise... and because the log exeded the pastebin limit....)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltodlryof567n0a/KSP.log?dl=0 (holy camoly! 4.28 MB! I think something seriously happend....)

[EXC 14:21:35.982] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Vessel.CheckGroundCollision ()
Vessel.GoOffRails ()
OrbitPhysicsManager.LateUpdate ()

Apparently the launching code couldn't find Kerbin, strange...

what would you reccomend? I would totally LOVE to play with this mod... but if I have to worry about suddenly having to make my spaceship fly back home after finding out i'm on the other side of the galaxy (because there are stars orbiting a black-hole duh)... I really don't think I could do it... and, does my log provide enough information to tell you what might be causing it?

[EXC 14:21:35.982] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Vessel.CheckGroundCollision ()
Vessel.GoOffRails ()
OrbitPhysicsManager.LateUpdate ()

I came onto the forum post to see if anyone else has experienced it/or if there is a fix.

Otherwise, I'm here to report that also happened to me as well.

In that particular case, it would probably be up to the author of Planet Shine to add some sort of support for the planets in the planet packs you're using.

You can easily edit the config of PlanetShine for custom planets and moons colors (CelestialBodies.cfg), I already made a custom one for RSS

Edited by Valerian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.