The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Oye vey. Running into my own troubleshooting issues in Linux 64-bit, I decided to export my .ckan, uninstall the game, delete the files, and reboot. I thereby reinstalled from Steam, and then made new folders on my desktop to support multiple versions (which I hadn't had before.)

I redownloaded CKAN.exe (mono remained installed from before) and now CKAN quits to dekstop with no visible error message whenever I try to load from my .ckan file. This is true with new .ckan files that I made for testing purposes just now as well as the one I backed up from before.

Am I doing something wrong? The size of the .ckan doesn't seem to determine my outcome, but it might be worth mentioning that my intended .ckan contains ~125 mods at this time.

Have you tried running ckan from a command line in order to see any error messages thrown?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for getting back to me, even if you can get one of those mods working that would be fantastic, so I wish you the best with Galactic Neighborhood, but i also hope your able to get Kerbal Galaxy 2 working if they get back to you and sort what need to fix to make that happen.

Also even if there is no possible way for both mods to run just having one to choose from, or even having both which we can choose either or depending on which ever someone prefer's would be amzaing, either way keep up the great work, you really have made an amazing program. I look forward to hear any update's on the subject.

OK, a CKAN helper with more experience in Planet Packs is on the case (See this issue). I would advise making a Github account and offering assistance (or at least suggesting prioritization). on that issue thread. I'm really out of my depth with these. If I get free time, I may get back to it, but at least now you know that someone is particularly looking into it!

Oye vey. Running into my own troubleshooting issues in Linux 64-bit, I decided to export my .ckan, uninstall the game, delete the files, and reboot. I thereby reinstalled from Steam, and then made new folders on my desktop to support multiple versions (which I hadn't had before.)

I redownloaded CKAN.exe (mono remained installed from before) and now CKAN quits to dekstop with no visible error message whenever I try to load from my .ckan file. This is true with new .ckan files that I made for testing purposes just now as well as the one I backed up from before.

Am I doing something wrong? The size of the .ckan doesn't seem to determine my outcome, but it might be worth mentioning that my intended .ckan contains ~125 mods at this time.

Have you tried running ckan from a command line in order to see any error messages thrown?

Good idea. Behold:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CKAN.NetFileCache.CreateURLHash (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.NetFileCache.GetCachedFilename (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.NetFileCache.IsMaybeCachedZip (System.Uri url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.GUIMod..ctor (CKAN.Module mod, IRegistryQuerier registry, CKAN.KSPVersion current_ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.GUIMod..ctor (CKAN.CkanModule mod, IRegistryQuerier registry, CKAN.KSPVersion current_ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main.installFromckanToolStripMenuItem_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.HandleClick (Int32 mouse_clicks, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
exception inside UnhandledException handler: Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created

exception inside UnhandledException handler: Cannot call Invoke or BeginInvoke on a control until the window handle is created

Method: "mono ckan.exe" File > Install from .ckan > [above error output] > [crash to desktop] > [taunt user]

Edit: On a lark, I attempted this is Windows7. While my modlist is VASTLY beyond the 32-bit RAM limit, I attempted this for CKAN troubleshooting purposes only.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CKAN.NetFileCache.CreateURLHash(Uri url)
at CKAN.NetFileCache.GetCachedFilename(Uri url)
at CKAN.NetFileCache.IsMaybeCachedZip(Uri url)
at CKAN.GUIMod..ctor(Module mod, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion current_ksp_version)
at CKAN.Main.installFromckanToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MisterFister/Desktop/ckan.exe
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:(

Edited by MisterFister
Added Windows7 error output

I don't think you addressed his question. He's trying to install RO and CKAN is under the impression that there's an overwrite problem.

C3nturionsparta, since you specified that you only have the Squad folder in your GameData, implying a naked install, I suggest you purge and reinstall. If you're using Steam, right click KSP in your game library, select "delete local content," and then reinstall from scratch. Then re-run CKAN and report back.

Thanks, this fixed it. Needed a complete re install. thanks for your help!

so, RoverDude released a new "Karibou" mod that goes along with the USI tech stuff, apparently - KerbalStuff has it tagged as CKAN available, but it.. isn't. I even set my filter to "All" - searched by USI, Karibou, by author name.. it's not there. I posted about it on his thread and he said I needed to ask here.

When you say "export your .ckan", you mean using the "File->Export installed mods" option in CKAN and then "File->Install from .ckan..."? Did you load your instance and refresh the repositories first? I think that's required for that process, and it has to be the same version of KSP.

The "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" makes me think this may be the culprit, by the way.

politas said:
MisterFister said:

When you say "export your .ckan", you mean using the "File->Export installed mods" option in CKAN and then "File->Install from .ckan..."?

You're correct as to what I was trying to accomplish, but I'm not entirely sure what you're describing as a solution. As for KSP version, this has been v1.0.4 all the way. I haven't been tracking whether or not there have been 1.0.4.x changes in the interim, and I'm not even sure they exist. If they do exist, could this be my issue?

politas said:
Did you load your instance and refresh the repositories first? I think that's required for that process, and it has to be the same version of KSP.

The "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" makes me think this may be the culprit, by the way.

Load my instance? I'm not clear as to this instruction. I redownloaded CKAN and also attempted (among other solutions) removing and reinstalling KSP. I set CKAN preferences to always update the modlist whenever I start CKAN. I see the "repositories" tab, but there doesn't seem to be an option for me, the enduser, to "refresh" anything, unless "modlist" and "repositories" is the same thing, in which case, see above.

- - - Updated - - -

Enceos said:
Dear CKAN staff,

We've published our mod on KerbalStuff a while ago and checked the CKAN option. But CKAN sign doesn't show up on our page, what's wrong?

[removed link to defunct website]

Yeah, about that, I see a lot more mods on KerbalStuff with no link to their forum post. Is this a thing now?

Maybe I've missed it, but is there a way to have CKAN store its .ckan in a custom directory? I'd like to be able to have it operate normally, but keep my .ckan in my Dropbox so that it can be automatically synchronized across multiple platforms.

Mean-time, I guess I'll just have to copy/paste it myself. WOE IS ME.

(srsly tho thanks for the fantastic work)

Maybe I've missed it, but is there a way to have CKAN store its .ckan in a custom directory? I'd like to be able to have it operate normally, but keep my .ckan in my Dropbox so that it can be automatically synchronized across multiple platforms.

Can you load from a .ckan? I'm having trouble doing so.

Bug: Can't load in a .ckan file

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at CKAN.GUIMod..ctor(Module mod, IRegistryQuerier registry, KSPVersion current_ksp_version)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18063 built by: FX45RTMGDR

ckan

CodeBase: file:///H:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.Dynamic

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

Hey, I really love this, but I've been getting this error message the past few times I tried to open it to update my mods:

Unhandled exception:

CKAN.Kraken: Error trying to parse "c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program\CKAN/GUIConfig.xml": Root element is missing.. Try to move it out of the folder and restart CKAN.

at CKAN.Configuration.LoadConfiguration(String path)

at CKAN.Configuration.LoadOrCreateConfiguration(String path, String defaultRepo)

at CKAN.Main..ctor(String[] cmdlineArgs, GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole)

at CKAN.GUI.Main_(String[] args, Boolean showConsole)

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui(GuiOptions options, String[] args)

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

If someone could help me out, that would be great :)

Bug: Can't load in a .ckan file

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

mscorlib

ckan

CodeBase: file:///H:/Games/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe

System.Core

System

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

System.Xml

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Microsoft.CSharp

System.Numerics

System.Dynamic

System.Transactions

System.Xml.Linq

System.Data

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

Yeah. I wish I would have known this before I deleted / reinstalled KSP. Now I've been spending my free time trying to figure out how to build the source on the ckan website so i can get CKAN to work. PITA. Great program though, when its working ;) It doesn't break very much... But it seems to break right when I decide to reinstall KSP. 3rd time this has happened, it's my rotten luck lol

MisterFister said:
You're correct as to what I was trying to accomplish, but I'm not entirely sure what you're describing as a solution. As for KSP version, this has been v1.0.4 all the way. I haven't been tracking whether or not there have been 1.0.4.x changes in the interim, and I'm not even sure they exist. If they do exist, could this be my issue?

Ok, don't worry about that. If it's all 1.0.4, that's not the issue.

MisterFister said:
Load my instance? I'm not clear as to this instruction. I redownloaded CKAN and also attempted (among other solutions) removing and reinstalling KSP. I set CKAN preferences to always update the modlist whenever I start CKAN. I see the "repositories" tab, but there doesn't seem to be an option for me, the enduser, to "refresh" anything, unless "modlist" and "repositories" is the same thing, in which case, see above.

The UI command is File->Select KSP Install. If KSP thinks it already knows about your KSP install (because it's in the same directory), that might be causing problems. Go into "Select KSP Install", select your (only) KSP instance and delete it, add it back in, and then select it. Then do a refresh and see how that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Enceos said:
Dear CKAN staff,

We've published our mod on KerbalStuff a while ago and checked the CKAN option. But CKAN sign doesn't show up on our page, what's wrong?

[removed link to defunct website]

I can't even see your mod in the KerbalStuffBot repository fork, so the hold up appears to be at the KerbalStuff end of things. KerbalStuff has not submitted it to CKAN yet.

- - - Updated - - -

loppnessmonsta said:

I'm really not sure what you're asking. What are you trying to refer to when you say "its .ckan"?

Alright, so I have this problem that when ever I click install on a mod in ckan, it gives me this error, please help me!

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

at CKAN.Main.ModList_CellValueChanged(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.SetValue(Int32 rowIndex, Object value)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.PushFormattedValue(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, Object formattedValue, Exception& exception)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context, DataGridViewValidateCellInternal validateCell, Boolean fireCellLeave, Boolean fireCellEnter, Boolean fireRowLeave, Boolean fireRowEnter, Boolean fireLeave)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.NotifyCurrentCellDirty(Boolean dirty)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCheckBoxCell.OnCommonContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseUpInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseUp(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1026 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

ckan

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Jonathan/Desktop/ckan%20(2).exe

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1026 built by: RTMGDR

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1032 built by: RTMGDR

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1036 built by: RTMGDR

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

System.Xml

drxe4qi5

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1

System.Numerics

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

System.Dynamic

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1

System.Transactions

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

System.Xml.Linq

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

System.Data

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

</configuration>

RFE: Don't break the GUI on missing native libs, instead provide some error output.

Platform: Debian GNU/Linux 8.2, mono v.3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10).

CKAN version: 1.14.2-0-g7c34a8a

Scenario: While cleaning up post system reconfiguration, I mistakenly removed libcurl4-ssl-dev.

Result: GUI launches, no error messages. Attempting to download or update anything hangs on "Installing [foo]" and the application window must be forcibly killed as it no longer responds to the window manager. Again no error messages, in either the GUI itself or the terminal used to launch it.

Whilst the error is clear enough in the CLI (./ckan.exe install [foo] produces a "System.DllNotFoundException" crash), being unable to close the GUI is a rather ugly result, and one wonders what other conditions could result in this unexpected and unintuitive behaviour. An error message would be nice, or at least crash with some console output.

Edited by steve_v

I'm really not sure what you're asking. What are you trying to refer to when you say "its .ckan"?

He's referring to the *.ckan metadata file that is generated when someone attempts to export their modlist.

- - - Updated - - -

The UI command is File->Select KSP Install. If KSP thinks it already knows about your KSP install (because it's in the same directory), that might be causing problems. Go into "Select KSP Install", select your (only) KSP instance and delete it, add it back in, and then select it. Then do a refresh and see how that goes.

No, this doesn't help. CKAN is crashing whenever I attempt to load from a *.ckan metadata file. Looks like the last half dozen reports from others indicate the same issue.

CKAN v1.14.3 aka Haumea released!

9cd7a4a8-655b-11e5-8941-52c5d0a45c0c.png

Changes since v1.14.2:

Bugfixes

• [Core] CKAN is more likely to find your KSP install. (McJones, #1480)
  • [Core] Uninstalled mods will no longer be reported as upgradeable when another mod provides their fuctionality. (Postremus, #1449)
  • [GUI] Installing a .ckan virtual mod will crash the client with an NRE less often (Postremus, #1478)
  • [GUI] The "Installing mods" tab is now called the "Status log" tab, as it's used for upgrading and removing mods too. (plague006, #1460)
  • [GUI] Links to ckan:// resources under Linux are more likely to be handled correctly. (Postremus, #1434)
  • [GUI] Mods upgrades with additional dependencies are better handled and displayed to the user. (Postremus, #1447)

Features

• [GUI] The CKAN Identifer for each mod is now shown in their metadata panel. (plague006, #1476)
  • [GUI] Double-clicking on a filename in the 'Contents' panel now opens the directory containing that file. (Postremus, #1443)
  • [GUI] The progress bar now shows the progress of downloading to the cache. (Postremus, #1445)
  • [GUI] Mods can now be searched by their CKAN identifier in the name textbox (Postremus, #1475)

Internal

• [internal] Module and CkanModule are finally merged into the same class! (Postremus, #1440)

Notes

• Windows users must have .NET 4.5 installed.
  • Linux users, please oh please apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev (Debian/Ubuntu/Mint) or yum install libcurl-devel (RedHat/Fedora) if you have not already done so.
  • Mac/Linux/Mono users: please mozroots --import --ask-remove if you're a new user, to update mono's certificate store.

Release image CC-BY-SA Lexicon.

He's referring to the *.ckan metadata file that is generated when someone attempts to export their modlist.
Well then I don't see the problem. "File->Export Installed Mods" opens a dialogue box that lets you save that file wherever you want (including in your local Dropbox folder).
No, this doesn't help. CKAN is crashing whenever I attempt to load from a *.ckan metadata file. Looks like the last half dozen reports from others indicate the same issue.
Yeah, there are clearly some issues there. I'm not a developer myself, I just help out with the metadata collection.

Fixed in latest release

:sigh: :'( Now it keep erroring out for me for a new error. Each mod seems to think that there's an individual per-mod version mismatch. I've tried refreshing the repositories.

I'm trying to troubleshoot an install that'll prolly end up with more than 150 mods in total, mostly as a proof of concept thing. I anticipate that it'll be one or two dozen mods from outside of CKAN, but I'm trying to get as close to full from CKAN if at all possible. I'm running the 64-bit Linux version. As one troubleshooting step last week, I decided to uninstall / reinstall KSP itself, which meant I'd have to undo my mod installs, so I'd exported my metadata file with the intention of installing from it after reinstall (which took literally three minutes.) The crash-on-load errors I reported previously does seem to have gone away, but apparently the old metadata file generates these new errors. I don't seem to have the same symptom from NEW metadata files. I guess the next step is to manually reconstruct the modlist.

Well then I don't see the problem. "File->Export Installed Mods" opens a dialogue box that lets you save that file wherever you want (including in your local Dropbox folder).

The question was whether there is a way to do this automatically, so that one instance of CKAN can pull the mod list from another instance without having to import/export.

Practical application being: Play KSP on desktop, uncheck a few mods, CKAN stores data in dropbox. Open up CKAN on laptop, it reads information in dropbox, determines that XYZ mods are no longer supposed to be installed, "Apply Changes" removes them.

I'm fine doing it myself. I was just wondering if there was a way to automate it.

Probably a false positive but AVG detects a virus contamination in the newest version of CKAN

AVG reportedly gave a false positive with the last release as well (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1461). For what it's worth you can submit the .exe to somewhere like VirusTotal and they'll give it a full scan with multiple suites. Results for this version of CKAN.

Unrelated to CKAN but related to AVG, you might want to look into their new privacy policy. It was the talk of the tech town for a while. (PCWorld) (PCMag) (Engadget) (Wired UK) (SCMagazine)