The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Firstly, thank you very much to the authors of this mod. It has made playing this game SO much better!

Secondly - my apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I did do a thread search, and couldn't find the answer I needed.

Issue: I had a few mods pre-installed before I found CKAN. One of which is Module Manager. It shows up as "AD" under the "Installed" column. Some of the others, I was able to delete them manually, and then re-add back through CKAN, so that CKAN can track the mod and let me install updates as they become available. However, when I try this with Module Manager, CKAN crashes on startup.

The error window states: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Exception of type "CKAN.InconsistentKraken" was thrown."

So...how can I get CKAN to let me update Module Manager without having to start KSP over from a fresh install?

Thanks!

When it throws the error, if you hit details, the first line in the exception box will tell you what mods require it. Uninstall those via ckan, manually uninstall module manager, then reinstall the previous mods. MM will be installed as a dependency. I had to do just this tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Kerbal Engineer and Contract Configurator say they are up to date in Ckan, but when I start KSP, I get a message that there are newer versions. How do I get ckan to see these new versions so I can install them?

I will file a proper bug report once I have collected all the data needed, but for now I just want to say V1.12.0 is so far the version I had most trouble with. I never remember anything ... well ... breaking with the older versions and they rarely crashed (so rare that I even can't remember if it crashed at all.)

But this one ... crashes like all the time.

Importing mod compilation .... crash.

Trying installing conflicting mods .... crash.

And now one mod update with problems in the path ... it seems ... at least if I can trust the crash message.

When trying to install multiple mods at once I get the following error:

Unhandled exception:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Caneb\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp8C0B.tmp' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetFileCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

at CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.<DownloadModules>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__1(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I'm guessing a thread is trying to access the file before another thread has released its lock?

Getting this issue

Is there a way to set the default filter on startup or maybe add a setting for this?

CKAN is always starting with "Compatible" while I prefer to have "Installed" in order to see which of my used mods need an update.

Kerbal Engineer and Contract Configurator say they are up to date in Ckan, but when I start KSP, I get a message that there are newer versions. How do I get ckan to see these new versions so I can install them?

Engineer Redux is at version https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/releases version v1.0.18.0 is the latest and that's the latest version CKAN has indexed. Contract Configurator is at https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases version 1.6.4 is the latest and that's the latest version CKAN has indexed.

Is there a way to set the default filter on startup or maybe add a setting for this?

CKAN is always starting with "Compatible" while I prefer to have "Installed" in order to see which of my used mods need an update.

I think you would want "Upgradeable" and not "Installed", but that's beside the point. As a workaround you can click the "Add available updates" button then "Apply Changes".

Also getting this. Every mod is showing up new after auto-refresh on load.

Fixed with https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1369 (this fix will be in the next release, the dev/unstable version is available at http://ckan-travis.s3.amazonaws.com/ckan.exe).

I think you would want "Upgradeable" and not "Installed", but that's beside the point. As a workaround you can click the "Add available updates" button then "Apply Changes".

Actually no, I indeed want to have "Installed" as default for me, to see all the 25 mods I use as overview when starting. If some of them are upgradeable I can see it easily as they all fit on one one page. That why I suggested to have the user decide which filter should be the default one after starting.

Thanks.

Not sure if its an issue or not, as most updates appear on here within a couple of hours of release. However Kerbal Inventry System is not showing the new 1.22 update which came out around 24 hours ago.

Is it possible to change the name/id of a released mod? If so, how?

If not, then I guess I would want to depreciate the old one and release a new one. How can I tell CKAN/NetKAN to depreciate a mod?

Thanks in advance

LGG

You can Change the Name of the mod, and leave the identifier the same.

Not sure if its an issue or not, as most updates appear on here within a couple of hours of release. However Kerbal Inventry System is not showing the new 1.22 update which came out around 24 hours ago.

Most mods are automatically updated. KIS isn't one of those cases so we rely on reports like yours when there are new versions. Thanks for the heads up and KIS 1.2.2 is now available on CKAN. =)

Most mods are automatically updated. KIS isn't one of those cases so we rely on reports like yours when there are new versions. Thanks for the heads up and KIS 1.2.2 is now available on CKAN. =)

Cheers :)

Anyway to tell which ones you need to be notified about?

Can one of the Netkan/ckan people please take a look at a commit I just did?

This is for: AutomatedScreenshots.netkan

I only updated two lines, yet it's now giving me an error:

[COLOR=#333333]Validating NetKAN/AutomatedScreenshots.netkan...[/COLOR]NetKAN/AutomatedScreenshots.netkan: ok

Running basic sanity tests on metadata.
If these fail, then fix whatever is causing them first.
t/inflate.t ... skipped: Not a travis pull request
'"' expected, at character offset 704 (before "}\n    ]\n}\n") at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/Any.pm line 407, <$fh> chunk 1.
# Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.
t/metadata.t .. 
Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
All 69 subtests passed 

which doesn't make sense, which I only modified two lines and the quotes are all there correctly.

Thanks in advance.

linuxgurugamer said:

This is for: AutomatedScreenshots.netkan

I only updated two lines, yet it's now giving me an error:

[COLOR=#333333]Validating NetKAN/AutomatedScreenshots.netkan...[/COLOR]NetKAN/AutomatedScreenshots.netkan: ok

Running basic sanity tests on metadata.
If these fail, then fix whatever is causing them first.
t/inflate.t ... skipped: Not a travis pull request
'"' expected, at character offset 704 (before "}\n    ]\n}\n") at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/Any.pm line 407, <$fh> chunk 1.
# Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.
t/metadata.t .. 
Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
All 69 subtests passed 

which doesn't make sense, which I only modified two lines and the quotes are all there correctly.

Thanks in advance.

as a test, I downloaded and ran the netkan.exe on the file. Locally, it was able to generate the .ckan file without an error:

AutomatedScreenshots-0.4.1.ckan

{
    "spec_version": "v1.4",
    "identifier": "AutomatedScreenshots",
    "license": "GPL-3.0",
    "resources": {
        "homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129908",
        "repository": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/AutomatedScreenshots"
    },
    "install": [
        {
            "find": "AutomatedScreenshots",
            "install_to": "GameData"
        }
    ],
    "name": "Automated Screenshots and Saves",
    "abstract": "Have screenshots taken automatically.  Have saves made automatically",
    "version": "0.4.1",
    "author": "linuxgurugamer",
    "ksp_version": "1.0.4",
    "download_size": 43619,
    "x_generated_by": "netkan"
}

(Since weeks) I have probs with CKAN on Ubuntu:

Fresh KSP-Install

copy CKAN into dir

start CKAN and select install dir

refresh repository

select (any) ONE SINGLE plugin

go to changes

then it jumps to "recommended" and stops working there

Process kill cant close CKAN, only restart helps.

Some versions before, think until June, it was working very well.

What can i do?

Getting this issue

Another one here. CKAN seems to crash on deleting cache files, perhaps on mods that need to be updated.

May I suggest catching and *handling* such an exception (by waiting until the file has been released) instead of bluntly crashing?

Sure I can :) Running Gentoo Linux.

Now, the bug report you linked me to is pretty interesting. My version of curl is much newer, but by default Gentoo builds it without asynchronous DNS. I'll enable the adns USE flag and see if it helps with CKAN... I'll report back.

So after having recompiled my libcurl with async DNS support, and using CKAN for quite some time, I can happily report that I didn't experience any crashes anymore. I'm a bit unsure why this also seemed to have fixed the crashes that occured while not downloading anything, but I'm not gonna complain...

Thanks for the pointers to that bugreport! Would've never occurred to me to look into that direction myself.

linuxgurugamer said:

It seems dumb, but maybe get rid of the last part of the KerbalStuff URL. You don't need to include the mod name, just the number.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator