The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

"Engineers...eventually can maybe build stuff." - Maxmaps

Stock EPL HYPE!

EDIT

"We now have the cargo bays implemented because porkjet was super efficient and finished them on time" - Maxmaps

HUZZAH!

Edited by cantab

Yes, we do offer that package, which we call the FULL HYPE EXPERIENCE. (Yes, it must have the ALL CAPS.) One ticket for the FULL HYPE EXPERIENCE costs the price of four regular tickets.

I think you're forgetting the EXTRA EXPERIENCE, which includes a transporter between the Plane and the Train.

Being an office worker for the HypeTrain does have its benefits. You get these documents!

HYPETRAIN OFFICIAL SHOPPING LIST

0.90 HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

- One (1) hype-locomotive

- Ninenineineineineinneineinein (99999999999999999999ERROROVERFLOW) train cars

- One Hundred (100) Nuclear Fusion Reactors

- One Hundred (100) Nuclear Coffee Machines

- Three Thousand (3000) tons of backup HypeCoal

- Two (2) Hype Collection Apparatuses

- Two Hundred (200) Mainhype Engines

- Fifty (50) Hypular Thermal Rockets

- One (1) Shopping List

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a mod... And it's not Fine Print.

Oh. :(

But Max was demonstrating FinePrint when he posted this?

CHUG-AH-Choo, Choo, Choo,

It's the HypeTrain KSP!

Chug-ah-Choo, Choo, Choo,

It's the HypeTrain point ninety.

On the tracks, straight ahead,

Experimentals now you see,

Chug-ah-Choo, Choo, Choo,

It's a rocket melody!

Has anyone got an idea how the new combined hangar will work?

will we get an option to launch to either the pad or the runway?

As I understand it, from an end-user perspective there are still two hangars (as emphasised by it being mentioned a few times that there are still different backgrounds), and I expect that we'll still have a different default craft orientation and launch facility depending on whether you click on the spaceplane hangar or the VAB when looking at the KSC. It's more of an internal change to stop the game having to load two different scenes that are functionally very similar - so it's now one scene with a couple of different configurations.

That said, they've confirmed you'll be able to freely switch between the hangar-style and VAB-style symmetry now, and I expect it'd be trivial for them to add an option to decide what you want to launch from, so maybe they have or will in the future.

As I understand it, from an end-user perspective there are still two hangars (as emphasised by it being mentioned a few times that there are still different backgrounds), and I expect that we'll still have a different default craft orientation and launch facility depending on whether you click on the spaceplane hangar or the VAB when looking at the KSC. It's more of an internal change to stop the game having to load two different scenes that are functionally very similar - so it's now one scene with a couple of different configurations.

That said, they've confirmed you'll be able to freely switch between the hangar-style and VAB-style symmetry now, and I expect it'd be trivial for them to add an option to decide what you want to launch from, so maybe they have or will in the future.

Thanks Troublecat :)

Has there been any word (or even rumors?) about whether 0.90 will break existing 0.25 saves? (While I'm salivating over the new Mk III spaceplane parts, I confess I'm getting a bit tired of rebuilding all my orbital infrastructure from scratch after each upgrade...)