[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

Just an FYI - this mod is not properly updated on CKAN to 1.9.1 - it causes some conflicts/compatibility issues with ScanSAT, etc... I'm going to grab 1.9.1 manually for now, but wanted to let you know the metadata on CKAN needs a poke :)

Important CKAN Support Announcement

For @ss8913, @Thegamer211, and anyone else who is not getting Contract Configurator updates on CKAN - you need to update to the latest CKAN client.  Due to changes in CKAN that aren't backwards compatible, older version of the CKAN client won't get Contract Configurator updates.

Hey @nightingale, I've periodically been getting this exception which causes contacts to bug out and any expiring contacts get stuck at 0 and don't clear, I have to restart KSP to fix it. I have no idea what is causing it though, seems random, it happened last night and this morning is the second or third time it happened. The exception triggered while I was doing timewarp to morning to try and get the contracts to cycle and get some new ones.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__12.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractGenerator>d__5.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.GetNextContract (ContractPrestige prestige, Boolean timeLimited) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.GenerateContract (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.MeetRequirements () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Contracts.ContractSystem+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NeuCareer_screenshot_2015-12-23--07-22-4

Output log: http://sta.sh/0tzmh19t661

Edit: Had the exception again after I loaded the save after restarting the game. All I did was load the save..... output log: http://sta.sh/012uy75eyqmn

Edited by smjjames

@nightingaleAgain while I was en-route to Minmus.... http://sta.sh/010lx1ogh79p

The contract packs that I have are Tourism, Advanced Progression, and Field Research. Plus the ones SCANsat and DMagic Orbital Science have natively.

The exception happens randomly as far as I can tell.

And again while I was declining a couple contracts to try and refresh the list somewhat.

Edited by smjjames

29 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@smjjames - I think I see the problem in the code, but I'm not 100% sure.  Can you grab the dev dll and let me know if you no longer get the exception?

Okay, it'll be a while before I'm sure it's fixed because it's kind of random, though it seems to tend to happen during warp.

Edited by smjjames

27 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Okay, it'll be a while before I'm sure it's fixed because it's kind of random, though it seems to tend to happen during warp.

No problem, I'm like...  80% sure that it's resolved.  It'll be a while before I release anyway, since I've got a good backlog of issues to work through (and not much time to work them).

Fun with CC bug testing... :P these guys were about to be rescued by a brave helicopter crew... when the sea kracken grabbed them and their ship and sent them to the bottom of the sea:

9XeYffZ.png

i do have to admit, testing and developing contracts has been a lot of fun. :D  (and is it me, or is that the mun on the left side of the picture?)

Edited by inigma

7 hours ago, nightingale said:

No problem, I'm like...  80% sure that it's resolved.  It'll be a while before I release anyway, since I've got a good backlog of issues to work through (and not much time to work them).

I've played for a while and it appears to be fixed, yeah.

I was looking for a way to determine the rate of change of altitude.  This is something that is measured by a Variometer in an aircraft.  The ReachState has detection for speed, altitude, etc, but not for this.

This is also known as Rate of Climb, and Rate of Descent

LGG

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was looking for a way to determine the rate of change of altitude.  This is something that is measured by a Variometer in an aircraft.  The ReachState has detection for speed, altitude, etc, but not for this.

This is also known as Rate of Climb, and Rate of Descent

LGG

Pretty easy, I just need to do one dot product, raise an enhancement request and I'll add it to ReachState. 

35 minutes ago, vardicd said:

<snip>

Some of these messages may need updated? :) The first one doesn't seem to be floating, and the second isn't buried anymore. Not complaining, just thought it was amusing.

I'll have to revisit those soon - although a lot of those change based on the detail settings and some mods (notably Kopernicus) seem to affect it.

That being said, the floating message is on the wrong monolith, so that's a bug.  Raised [#11] on Anomaly Surveyor.

23 hours ago, nightingale said:

Important CKAN Support Announcement

For @ss8913, @Thegamer211, and anyone else who is not getting Contract Configurator updates on CKAN - you need to update to the latest CKAN client.  Due to changes in CKAN that aren't backwards compatible, older version of the CKAN client won't get Contract Configurator updates.

ah. of course.  i didn't think of that but I should have.  Thanks for the reminder, and, yes, this worked as expected :)

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I feel like I've seen this mentioned somewhere recently, but are you aware that the scientist passengers in Field Research are spawning as tourists?

Yup, inigma reported it against GAP, it's on my must fix list for 1.9.2.

6 hours ago, inigma said:

For DestroyVessel:

//     CONTRACT_SUCCESS
    //     CONTRACT_COMPLETED

whats the difference?

Probably need to update the docs to be more clear complete means the contract is done (cancelled, failed, completed successfully), whereas complete means completed successfully. 

Can anybody else confirm a memory leak going on with Contract Configurator? Because I've been getting increases in memory usage (viewed by GCmonitor) while in the mission control screen, it can be reproducible by declining lots of contracts. The contracts that I have are advanced progression, tourism+, SCANsat official, field research, sentinel missions (asteroid day), and DMagic orbital science related contracts.

The disabled contracts are collect science (via field research), stock tourism (via tourism+), and part test because I find those annoying.

output log: http://sta.sh/02ef2ti5bbjp

Going to see if I can reproduce in stock or something on my stripped down branchoff ksp

edit: Going to copy the career save from my main over so that the progress stuff is there, and to more accurately reproduce the situation.

Edit2: There is definetly a memory leak going on (unless the stock mission control screen has a known memory leak), but in stock it's small. I guess with lots of mods, there is more to leak. Going to see if I can narrow it down to a particular source.

edit3: With just CC, an empty contract packs folder, exception detector, GCmonitor, MM and stock, the memory leak is definetly there, just a whole lot smaller and harder to detect. I've also been finding that the memory usage goes up faster while playing after installing this and some other stuff, so something is definetly up. I also need to quit declining contracts so much as it's hurting the rep.

Edited by smjjames

9 hours ago, smjjames said:

Can anybody else confirm a memory leak going on with Contract Configurator? Because I've been getting increases in memory usage (viewed by GCmonitor) while in the mission control screen, it can be reproducible by declining lots of contracts. The contracts that I have are advanced progression, tourism+, SCANsat official, field research, sentinel missions (asteroid day), and DMagic orbital science related contracts.

The disabled contracts are collect science (via field research), stock tourism (via tourism+), and part test because I find those annoying.

output log: http://sta.sh/02ef2ti5bbjp

Going to see if I can reproduce in stock or something on my stripped down branchoff ksp

edit: Going to copy the career save from my main over so that the progress stuff is there, and to more accurately reproduce the situation.

Edit2: There is definetly a memory leak going on (unless the stock mission control screen has a known memory leak), but in stock it's small. I guess with lots of mods, there is more to leak. Going to see if I can narrow it down to a particular source.

edit3: With just CC, an empty contract packs folder, exception detector, GCmonitor, MM and stock, the memory leak is definetly there, just a whole lot smaller and harder to detect. I've also been finding that the memory usage goes up faster while playing after installing this and some other stuff, so something is definetly up. I also need to quit declining contracts so much as it's hurting the rep.

Can you quantify this a little bit?  In these different scenarios, what's the memory usage after a certain intervals, and how does that compare to a stock install?

9 hours ago, nightingale said:

Can you quantify this a little bit?  In these different scenarios, what's the memory usage after a certain intervals, and how does that compare to a stock install?

Between my main install and the stock one? Also, sometimes if you wait a little, the memory will jump.

Stock stripped down install with just CC: 2.256GB at start, it actually dropped down to like 2244 when I started declining contracts and after I declined about 20, it went to 2251. After waiting two minutes, it jumps to 2257 (and then hopped back down to 2251 while typing, then 2255).

Stock stripped down install with Dmagic Orbital science (Dmagic contracts), SCANsat (SCANsat contracts), Asteroid Day (sentinel contracts), advanced progression, field research, and tourism+: Starting out, it's at 2.338gb, ater deleting 20 contracts, it jumps up to 2366. After waiting about two minutes, it dropped down a little to 2364.

In pure stock with just GCmonitor and exception detector: Starting out it;s 2227, After deleting 20, it goes up to 2233. After wating around two minutes, it drops down to 2229.

Main save will have to wait a little until I get some contracts completed so that more show up.

Edited by smjjames