[1.0.4] LLL - Lack Luster Labs (Space-boxes!) [LLL-14 - 20JUN2014]

Lack

oIZTOjR.jpg

Just needed to install a newer version of Blender, so have copies of the turret models in blender now.

Now just need to find a tutorial on the new system (is there one? I searched through the thread and found nothing, and the OP just says 'Standby!'). Guess I'll have to import one of his models and RE it.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this up and working in 1.0.5 yet?

Not sure, haven't tried it yet. There was SXT to get working, and then there's a certain Bostonian wasteland calling.

You'll probably need to update the Firespitter version, but the rest should be alright (in theory) since I'm not really using any stock assets here.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I have tested it for 1.0.5 and... Well It might be because of the other mods I have installed but when it's starting up. It instantly crashes when it's just about to finishing loading. It doesn't give a Output_log so I don't know the cause of it. But it gives a empty Report and empty Crash.DMP the error is filled out but I cant make sense of it. It says in the top:

[QUOTE]Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll at 0023:1010e675.

Error occurred at 2015-11-21_141146.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by AaronsPc.
98% memory in use.
3563 MB physical memory [68 MB free].
0 MB paging file [2260 MB free].
0 MB user address space [107 MB free].
Write to location 00000016 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x8384f000 ESI: 0x0000004f EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x00001000 ECX: 0x2a8f005f EDX: 0x00000008
EIP: 0x1010e675 EBP: 0x001ae8d4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010202 ESP: 0x001ae8d0 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 89 48 16 5e 5d c3 55 8b ec 8b 45 0c 53 56 8b

[/QUOTE]

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CommanderSpock said:

Well, I've found that the landing gear break the game..... Any fix for that? I'm on the current firespitter.

If you go on github, there's a newer build. I might have fixed it there, I did some update work on the parts (like conversion to .dds), but haven't finished it yet.

@V8jester

Ooh, very nice. I should get back to LLL really; I had a lot of fun with it.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

This is one of my staple mods... and right now I can't use it! Can't wait for the new version of KSP to come out...

Why can't you use it? It works fine in 1.0.5.

There are a couple of parts that are broken like one of the landing legs and the stationary grid fin. But 99% of the mod works just fine. That pic I posted above was taken from 1.0.5. Besides when the new version of KSP comes out there is a good chance most of the mods out there will be broken. 1.1 will bring some very substantial changes with it.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Why can't you use it? It works fine in 1.0.5.

There are a couple of parts that are broken like one of the landing legs and the stationary grid fin. But 99% of the mod works just fine. That pic I posted above was taken from 1.0.5. Besides when the new version of KSP comes out there is a good chance most of the mods out there will be broken. 1.1 will bring some very substantial changes with it.

Yes, it does but on my system, an older lap top, when 1.0.5 came out, it did something to the graphics where LLL was maxing out and crashing - it started with the probe nosecone (I never had ANY problems, as some have claimed the landing gear did). From there, it went to various other parts, and eventually, I began to crash before Module Manager could finish installing. Most of this is because of the single thread problem posed by older versions of Unity (yeah, I am nerdy enough to do some research).

24 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yes, it does but on my system, an older lap top, when 1.0.5 came out, it did something to the graphics where LLL was maxing out and crashing - it started with the probe nosecone (I never had ANY problems, as some have claimed the landing gear did). From there, it went to various other parts, and eventually, I began to crash before Module Manager could finish installing. Most of this is because of the single thread problem posed by older versions of Unity (yeah, I am nerdy enough to do some research).

Are you running win 10? also what are your system specs? OpenGL or even x64 might be an option? I'm up over 80 mods at this point with LLL.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Because you asked:

3de30576-f1dc-4ee8-886f-d3e2d02255c2_zps

Ah ha! Win 10 will bog down KSP for some stupid reason. Add ( -dx9) or (-force-opengl) to the end of your shortcut target field. Win 10 will, for some weird reason not run KSP correctly in dx9 unless you tell it to. If you don't know how to do this

Right click the KSP shortcut

Click properties

Under "Target Field" type in (.....ksp.exe" -dx9) or (....ksp.exe" -force-opengl)

Don't forget the space before the additional tags

I also suggest running KSP in "borderless windowed mode" This will allow you to alt-tab in and out of the game much smoother and also add a slight fps boost - just need to set KSP to the native resolution of your screen in this mode

Add ( -popupwindow) to the end of everything so (....ksp.exe" -dx9 -popupwindow) just don't forget the spaces

If you still have questions on this just PM me or ask on my Advanced Aircraft thread

edit

I also have info for running KSP in 64bit mode there

Edited by V8jester

5 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Ah ha! Win 10 will bog down KSP for some stupid reason. Add ( -dx9) or (-force-opengl) to the end of your shortcut target field. Win 10 will, for some weird reason not run KSP correctly in dx9 unless you tell it to. If you don't know how to do this...

Yeah, Windows 10 bogs down a lot of games. I did use -force-opengl until the 1.0.5 update when I read that it really didn't do much for the speed of the game. I will try the -dx9 this evening, then will go back to the -force-opengl tag tomorrow (since I don't teach on M, W, F) and see which one operates the best. Once I am satisfied, I will re-install LLL. I already have the stock extension pack and have always run that one without any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HaZy said:

Hey this is going to sound stupid but i can't find the ION 2X1 engine. i deleted the disable parts config and still cant find it. i'm going to feel really stupid if you just removed it :/

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, it's there. Should be.

Category is Propulsion. Tech Required is Ion Propulsion. Entry cost is 0.

I checked both disabler files for the part name ("2x1ION") and it isn't being disabled, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it, and the other radial ones in game in the past (haven't unlocked them in my current playthrough yet).

Check LLL/Engine/IonEngineLarge/part.cfg for the config for all the details

Might I suggest a further mod that allows you to search for items (like QuickSearch) or something to help organize the chaos (like Filter Extensions)? That being said, I lose stuff all the time too!

Cheers.

20 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, it's there. Should be.

Category is Propulsion. Tech Required is Ion Propulsion. Entry cost is 0.

I checked both disabler files for the part name ("2x1ION") and it isn't being disabled, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it, and the other radial ones in game in the past (haven't unlocked them in my current playthrough yet).

Check LLL/Engine/IonEngineLarge/part.cfg for the config for all the details

Might I suggest a further mod that allows you to search for items (like QuickSearch) or something to help organize the chaos (like Filter Extensions)? That being said, I lose stuff all the time too!

Cheers.

I've run into similar issues with other parts packs. you have to telete the "parts.cfg" file firstly.
if you have any toolbar plugings they may not be displaying it. if you have the search plugin try that.

Also i've head a lot about Near future propulsion screwing up engines that SHOULD be there.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.