[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

8 hours ago, bi99uns said:

Kerbal stuff shut down and Github scares the crap out of me since i have no idea what im doing there. Is there an alternative link?

Just need something simple to help me figure out if parts are Stock or not.

Direct Github Download. You won't even see the site.

7 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hi, is it possible to make filter for module thing? Like not the module, but the config of module...like some number or something in module in cfg....I really need it to define few parts, because many parts have that module and just some have in module some extra thing which I want filter out...

Not currently, and doing so is somewhat awkward and error prone, so I don't have any plans to do so directly at this stage. What I do have is a part module which you can add with Module Manager (and module manager can identify those parts easily enough).

eg.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[xy]:HAS[#maxTurnRateDPS[z]]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = PartModuleFilter
        filterAdd = // comma delimited list of subcategories to push this part into by name. eg. Engines, Fuel Tanks
        filterBlock = // comma delimited list of subcategories to block this part from by name. eg. Engines, Fuel Tanks
    }
}

You will need to use this .dll version for that to work though

Edited by Crzyrndm

10 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[xy]:HAS[#maxTurnRateDPS[z]]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = PartModuleFilter
        filterAdd = // comma delimited list of subcategories to push this part into by name. eg. Engines, Fuel Tanks
        filterBlock = // comma delimited list of subcategories to block this part from by name. eg. Engines, Fuel Tanks
    }
}

You will need to use this .dll version for that to work though

So you suggest to add that parts into subcategory by ModuleManager? If yes, isn't better to add it just like

Because it didn't worked, maybe it was because whole subcategory didn't appeared. But category doesn't appear only when it hasn't any parts inside, so it probably didnt work. But ModuleManager didn't write any errors at loading..

I put it like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MissileLauncher]:HAS[#missileType[bomb]]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = PartModuleFilter
        filterAdd = Bombs// comma delimited list of subcategories to push this part into by name. eg. Engines, Fuel Tanks
    }
}

Where Bombs subcategory was defined in one of cfg inside FilterExtensions folders, where it define that category without any filter, and add it to one of categories.

My objective is make BDA category with AAM, AGM, GAM, GGM, Bombs, Turrets and other types of weapons categories....and this type is defined in that MissileLauncher module in missiletype. Which can be agm, aam...etc

Edited by Toonu

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = PartModuleFilter
        filterAdd = Bombs
    }
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = Bombs
	icon = test

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = name
			value = bahaClusterBomb
		}
	}
}

@CATEGORY[Filter?by?Function]
{
	@SUBCATEGORIES
	{
		@list = Bombs
	}
}

This appears to work (gets 4 parts with a fresh BDA download). I guessing you tried to do it with no Filter/Check node in the subcategory and run afoul of a sanity check that wasn't properly updated. I will get that fixed (and probably add a check for the module in some shape)

Edited by Crzyrndm

On 19. 3. 2016 at 1:04 AM, Crzyrndm said:

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = PartModuleFilter
        filterAdd = Bombs
    }
}

SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = Bombs
	icon = test

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = name
			value = bahaClusterBomb
		}
	}
}

@CATEGORY[Filter?by?Function]
{
	@SUBCATEGORIES
	{
		@list = Bombs
	}
}

Oh, I thought I must put subcathegory into FExt. Folder into one of configs, not into the ModuleManager config file....I'll try it! Thx ;)

Toonu

Any *.cfg file in GameData will work. The issue was around there being no parts in the subcategory until some were forced in so it got filtered out before the forced acquisitions were accounted for

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but has anyone made a patch to put ALL the stock, Squad parts into ONE manufacturer tab?
Kind of annoying when I have LOTS of parts mods with stockalike parts, and I cant tell what is ACTUALLY stock now, not to mention the LONG list of tabs I have to scroll thru, because the Squad parts are split up between A LOT of different manufacturers...

Edited by Stone Blue

13 hours ago, Buster Charlie said:

Is there any way to put under categorized parts into an overflow category so you can tell what you're missing?

Not directly. You can make one that is an inverted subcategory check that lists all the other subcategories you want to compare against

SUBCATEGORY
{
	name = Undefined
	icon = stockIcon_fallback

FILTER
	{
		CHECK
		{
			type = subcategory
			value = sub1, sub2, sub3,...
            invert = true
		}
	}
}
14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but has anyone made a patch to put ALL the stock, Squad parts into ONE manufacturer tab?
Kind of annoying when I have LOTS of parts mods with stockalike parts, and I cant tell what is ACTUALLY stock now, not to mention the LONG list of tabs I have to scroll thru, because the Squad parts are split up between A LOT of different manufacturers...

Space center => Options window (looks like a black screen outline. Terrible icon I know) => "Sort parts by folder in manufacturer tab (requires restart)"

That'll get Squad parts into 2 folders: Squad and NASAmission and will do the same for any mods as well (so you find the mods base folder name, not the manufacturer)

Edited by Crzyrndm

7 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

Space center => Options window (looks like a black screen outline. Terrible icon I know) => "Sort parts by folder in manufacturer tab (requires restart)"

That'll get Squad parts into 2 folders: Squad and NASAmission and will do the same for any mods as well (so you find the mods base folder name, not the manufacturer)

EXCELLENT!! Thanx! :D

There will be no public releases of any of my mods until after 1.1 is actually released. There may be some github activity when I get around to working on things but any of that will all be at user risk. I'm not going to try supporting something that is listed as being "frequently updated" (still haven't decided whether I will bother with the pre-release at all...)

Post-release, I will be pushing hard to get updates out, just not before

10 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

There will be no public releases of any of my mods until after 1.1 is actually released. There may be some github activity when I get around to working on things but any of that will all be at user risk. I'm not going to try supporting something that is listed as being "frequently updated" (still haven't decided whether I will bother with the pre-release at all...)

Yeah, I imagine it would be annoying to constantly fix things, looks like I'm waiting a little while. Thanks for making this mod though, it really is a godsend!

16 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

Keep it up man, I hope this comes out for 1.1 oh and update it for CKAN too :)

Can anyone tell me where the Engine subcategory config is hiding please? I've found the engine category config and the names and icons config. Looking at the wiki, looks like I can do a propellant check for the engines (which I'm guessing is just what the subcategory config consists of). Still, I like having visual reference material.

Anyway, great mod; hope to see it in 1.1.:)

Cheers.

30 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Can anyone tell me where the Engine subcategory config is hiding please? I've found the engine category config and the names and icons config. Looking at the wiki, looks like I can do a propellant check for the engines (which I'm guessing is just what the subcategory config consists of). Still, I like having visual reference material.

Anyway, great mod; hope to see it in 1.1.:)

Cheers.

The stockalike one is here: https://github.com/Crzyrndm/FilterExtension/blob/master/GameData/000_FilterExtensions%20Configs/SubCategories_Stock.cfg#L29-L42

If you mean the subcategories that go into the engines category, those are generated each run based on what engine parts are installed. They look like:

SUBCATEGORY
{
    // standard name/icon/options stuff here
    FILTER
    {
    	// must have <prop_1> as a propellant
    	CHECK
        {
            type = propellant
            value = <prop_1>
        }
        // must have <prop_2> as a propellant
        CHECK
        {
            type = propellant
            value = <prop_2>
        }
        // must not have any propellants other than <prop_1> or <prop_2>
        CHECK
        {
            type = propellant
            value = <prop_1>,<prop_2>
            invert = true
            contains = false
        }
    }
}

One check per propellant, plus one more to ensure an exact match.

Also, although the subcategories are procedurally generated, you can still use them by name in other categories and "subcategory" checks. No need to duplicate

Edited by Crzyrndm

Yeah, that's the one I was looking for, the second stuff, thanks.

Is ModuleGimbal supported? I'm currently using what I have below and nothing shows up (I'm using the identical for alternator, and it's fine).

Nevermind, seems to work now, oddly.

SUBCATEGORY
{
    name = Gimbal
    icon = ControlSurface
    FILTER
    {
        CHECK
        {
            type = moduleName
            value = ModuleGimbal
        }
        CHECK
        {
              type = manufacturer
              value = ABC Corp
        }
    }
}

Edited by Deimos Rast
solved

On 3/30/2016 at 0:38 AM, Crzyrndm said:

Speaking as a modder, I would suggest you at least get 1.1 and start working.  Most if not all of the changes to the editor are done, the problems still existing are with wheels, and various bugs.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or need help.  I really love this, and am really missing it while I do my 1.1 testing

Linuxgurugamer

I am, slowly (there's actually a 1.1 compile on Github, I just broke a few things to get that far). I'm definitely not not working on things because of difficulty or because of repeated builds, it's just constraints on my time currently are much tighter than I need to properly work on the mods I maintain

Edited by Crzyrndm

The

Core.Log(toConfigNode());

in public bool checkPart(AvailablePart part, int depth = 0) slows everything down alot, otherwise it appears to be working (without the line it's fast and works; some sporadic graphical glitches with the buttons appear but I don't know the source, they might be in stock already).

That was removed in the current commit (was me trying to track down some errors, wasn't meant to be committed). The problems are a lot more insidious than just some leftover logging, There are a rather large number of subcategories that should be showing up that aren't (because they're being removed because they have no parts which shouldn't be the case). I haven't yet had the time to track down the culprit(s)

This mod is all well and good, but I cannot understand a word of the config structuring. Can anyone give me a cfg that can place specific parts in my own custom categories? Thanks.

EDIT: Cancel that, got it now.

Edited by RA3236

On 12-4-2016 at 8:11 AM, Crzyrndm said:

I am, slowly (there's actually a 1.1 compile on Github, I just broke a few things to get that far). I'm definitely not not working on things because of difficulty or because of repeated builds, it's just constraints on my time currently are much tighter than I need to properly work on the mods I maintain

Could you please point to a locaion where we can download a minimum working 1.1 version. I realy can't develop KSPI without your mod very well

As one of the lame people that actually reads the README, I got a kick out of this one :D

///////////////////////////////////
/// Reminder to self: Need to do some proper documentation at some point

2 hours ago, Varses said:

As one of the lame people that actually reads the README, I got a kick out of this one :D

/// Reminder to self: Need to do some proper documentation at some point

Just feel the motivation pouring off it...:D

Edited by Crzyrndm