[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

@StarStryderIt's likey the wheels, but it is being made worse by aerodynamic forces. Once you start to sideslip you are going to have a hard time recovering. If that tail is all moving replace it with a larger tailfin with a control surface at the edge. That may improve yaw stability. As well as some dihedral angle on  the main wings. Make sure to give the tail enough control authority so it will be useful at low speed. If you want more advice go to the FAR thread in the spacecraft exchange NOT the main FAR thread that is not for craft discussion.

Edited by Svm420

Hey is there a way to increase max Thickness (root) and max Thickness (tip) parameter to 2.0? The current limit is 1.0. I would like to use thicker wing as a fuselage on my Avro Lancaster.

btw here is a couple of my aircrafts created with this beautiful mod:

UBjRJyj.png

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:52 AM, StarStryder said:

Anyway, I power up and start off down the runway.  At about 45m/s the plane starts veering off to one side of the other, usually resulting in loss of control.  I've double checked the landing gear and it's straight and the wings and elevators were attached using symmetry so they should be equal.  I've also upgraded the runway 1 level to smooth it out a little.

I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what's going on?

I would venture a guess the front landing gear being at angles. Also just glancing at the pictures it looks like you mounted them without angle snap turned on. Now since they are mirrored you should be fine. But when mounted to the fuselage I like to snap them to angles. On wings however I usually leave angle snap off. First try swapping the dual front nose gear to a single and see if that helps. If you're still having design issues, try me over here:

Advanced Aircraft Design

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:18 AM, Svm420 said:

@StarStryderIt's likey the wheels, but it is being made worse by aerodynamic forces. Once you start to sideslip you are going to have a hard time recovering. If that tail is all moving replace it with a larger tailfin with a control surface at the edge. That may improve yaw stability. As well as some dihedral angle on  the main wings. Make sure to give the tail enough control authority so it will be useful at low speed. If you want more advice go to the FAR thread in the spacecraft exchange NOT the main FAR thread that is not for craft discussion.

Good advice as well

8 hours ago, V8jester said:

I would venture a guess the front landing gear being at angles. Also just glancing at the pictures it looks like you mounted them without angle snap turned on. Now since they are mirrored you should be fine. But when mounted to the fuselage I like to snap them to angles. On wings however I usually leave angle snap off. First try swapping the dual front nose gear to a single and see if that helps.

I had single initially.  The dual front wheel was an attempt to stabilise it.

@Crzyrndm At some point in the future, would it be possible to move this mod to its own folder, i.e. B9_Aerospace_ProceduralParts, or something like that?  It becomes a hassle to manage having both this and regular B9 installed, particularly when you're doing a lot of testing and committing to git like I do...

56 minutes ago, FalconFluff said:

In my game the procedural wings just don't work, they have no lift and the menu doesn't pop up when I press 'j' while pointing at the wing, I don't have FAR installed, so could that be a cause?

They work fine without FAR.  Make sure you have the latest release.  If there's still an issue, post your output logs - instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

Does anyone have fixed DRE ModuleHeatShield settings?? I noticed with the B9 Proc wings DRE spams the log like crazy because I think the cfg file included is out of date with DRE. If no one has I will fix it up.

Edited by JPLRepo

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

They work fine without FAR.  Make sure you have the latest release.  If there's still an issue, post your output logs - instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

My B9 P-wings are exhibiting the same issue. They appear fine the SPH, but the 'J' window will not popup and when launching the craft they revert to their unedited state.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14006682/output_log.txt

Installed the newest version of the full B9 pack (the prerelease you put up) this morning and that was when they stopped working.

14 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

My B9 P-wings are exhibiting the same issue. They appear fine the SPH, but the 'J' window will not popup and when launching the craft they revert to their unedited state.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14006682/output_log.txt

Installed the newest version of the full B9 pack (the prerelease you put up) this morning and that was when they stopped working.

Okay, I see the issue.  The new B9 pack doesn't introduce any issue, but it reveals one that was there already

Config(@PART[KingFisher_Wing]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]) AoATech/MM_Configs/KingFisher_FAR_config/@PART[KingFisher_Wing]:FOR[FerramAerospaceResearch]

One of the AoATech patches is telling MM that FAR is installed (even though it isn't), which means that a FAR patch is removing ModuleLiftingSurface from all B9_* parts is activating.  You should contact the author of that mod (It should be :NEEDS[FerramAerospaceResearch]:FOR[AoATech] or similar).

That being said, I should probably modify the global B9 patches to not apply to wings, even though they shouldn't mess anything up if everything else is working correctly.

5 hours ago, sashan said:

How to change mass of the wing? I mean density, what I want is to make similarly sized wing heavier.

If you select fuel for the wing, that would also make it heavier. How much weight are you needing to add? Usually fueled wings or using Monopellant as ballast works well for weight distribution. on aircraft.

25 minutes ago, V8jester said:

If you select fuel for the wing, that would also make it heavier. How much weight are you needing to add? Usually fueled wings or using Monopellant as ballast works well for weight distribution. on aircraft.

Hm, can't you actually change the values like aeroConstMassFudgeNumber? It seem to be defined in the same way as aeroConstCostDensity in source code.

Edited by sashan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.