[v1.3!] Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

NovaSilisko

SSH Series Model 221 Solid Booster and the GG-M4 are WAY, WAY overpowered IMO. The Model 221 especially. Also, it looks like an extra-marital device. :P

I'm just checking out the latest version now. Hoping that satellite is as groovy as it looks (It looks a bit like an Iridium :w00t:) and that the 2m tanks don't feel over-full now.

SSH Series Model 221 Solid Booster and the GG-M4 are WAY, WAY overpowered IMO. The Model 221 especially. Also, it looks like an extra-marital device. :P

I'm just checking out the latest version now. Hoping that satellite is as groovy as it looks and that the 2m tanks don't feel over-full now.

I was doing some testing and already came to that conclusion myself, going to reduce the power of the SSH

Hey Doug, I think your sig has gotten so big that your link to NovaSilisko's pack is truncated. You might want to check that.

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Hey Thanks man, I would have never noticed ;) Fixed. Fav Mod besides SIDR&SD is you Skunky. ;P

Every time I've tried using the 3m solids as anything but the central core stage, I've had this problem, even if it's the first two parts I've placed, so I'm not sure it's a problem with Silisko's parts so much as one with the game itself...

The 2m tanks flipping sideways is caused by trying to place them on the side of something. I'll fix it in the next version (a specific clamp piece will be the only 2m part to attach to the sides of things, it acts as a decoupler too)

The 2m tanks flipping sideways is caused by trying to place them on the side of something. I'll fix it in the next version (a specific clamp piece will be the only 2m part to attach to the sides of things, it acts as a decoupler too)

Sounds like someone needs...

k8) <puts on sunglasses>

Clamps!

150px-Clamps.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Arrr!

Capt'n Skunky

Would you be open to revising the GG-M4 a bit? Right now it produces less thrust and burns more fuel then Sunday's M50.

With a burn of 14, it'll have a useful slot, but if anyone has installed both packs, I don't see it getting much use despite the lighter weight.

The 2m Bertha only burns 16 when throttled back to 300 thrust.

Thanks for the parts packs though, I appreciate your hard work.

The release of 1.0 might take longer than anticipated, but I'll make it up by adding a ton of new parts.

so we can blame you for the 10 minute load time starting the game, eh?.. lol i can't wait though, already getting bored with the current mods i have.

Tempted just to completely remove the GGM4. I hate the model and the stats are worthless

i've never used it either.. typically find myself using the e-500/600/800/1000 engines that some one else made.

I have a few requests for items that seem to be missing from your portfolio of excellent parts:

-A smaller 2m decoupler. The height of a normal engine or thereabout.

-Another engine for 2m upperstages - more fuel efficient. Think something like RL-10 as used on Centaur?

(on that note, I only ask for this as it looks like the bottom of your tanks are not skinned and thus placing another engine there has it kinda floating ;) )

- a somewhat bigger SRB. Not the 1 meter range, but a bit bigger then your mini booster ( yes, I am complaining that it is too small :P )

- Perhaps an attacher for 2 or even 3 normal 1 meter diameter engines? that way You could really get going on dual engine bottom stages like atlas V, or duel engines centaur.

-or even, if you have the time for it, an attacher with a new engine diameter class. Something like 0.6, so that you could have 1, 2, 3 or even 4 engines of that new class behind one of your nice 2 meter tank cores.

( I am inspired by these by sunday punch, as they work together so well with yours - but these are some items that would make that even better )

Thanks in advance if any of these ideas are to your liking, otherwise I might have to learn modelling myself ;D