[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

Check the core config for that asset. There's a good chance the same instance is in that, so KK loads that and then discards that pointer instance as a duplicate.

EDIT - The core config will be in KerbalKonstructs/Statics

Edited by AlphaAsh

1 minute ago, tg626 said:

Thought of that, so I changed the description to check what was getting loaded.  Changes in the description= of this file appear in game...

Well done chap. Okay I'll keep investigating here.

I'm checking the code and I've a sneaky feeling there's a hard-coded path left over from when medsouz first introduced the feature.

@tg626 Yup, it's legacy code that needs fixing. I'll add it to the fix list. Meanwhile, for testing purposes put the image in the same directory as the model being pointed to. So KerbalKonstructs/Statics.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Just wanted to report this as I found it by accident...

Spoiler

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: Value cannot be null.
  at System.Guid.CheckNull (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Guid..ctor (System.String g) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.Utilities.PersistenceUtils.loadStaticPersistence (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.DoHangaredCraftCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.onLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HighLogic+<FireLoadedEvent>c__Iterator50.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This got thrown while in flight but I never really saw what might have happened because I noticed no strange behavior in game.  It was only when trying to track down a configuration problem in an MM file that I noticed this in the output_log.  I have KK with Kerbin Side Complete in addition to about 160 other mods running x64 under win 7.  I can provide the output_log if needs be.

8 hours ago, rasta013 said:

Hide contents

at KerbalKonstructs.Utilities.PersistenceUtils.loadStaticPersistence (KerbalKonstructs.StaticObjects.StaticObject obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.DoHangaredCraftCheck () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.onLevelWasLoaded (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HighLogic+<FireLoadedEvent>c__Iterator50.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This got thrown while in flight but I never really saw what might have happened because I noticed no strange behavior in game.  It was only when trying to track down a configuration problem in an MM file that I noticed this in the output_log.  I have KK with Kerbin Side Complete in addition to about 160 other mods running x64 under win 7.  I can provide the output_log if needs be.

Thanks for the report. I'll investigate.

@tg626

Fix for logo pathing is in testing. You'll be able to define a path from GameData/. Example:

LaunchSiteLogo = MyAwesomeMod/MyLogoImage

That'd mean KK would look in GameData/MyAwesomeMod for a png called MyLogoImage.

I think the KKRT.cfg is causing problems with RT but I can't be too sure, perhaps ask RT people if they could make an api for ease of appending ground stations from in game?

[EXC 02:19:14.318] MissingFieldException: Field 'RemoteTech.Settings.GroundStations' not found.

is what I get, but I think it's save persistent so I could only check by making a new one and picking a vessel from tracking station or it's completely unrelated ^

well after removing it and starting a new game exactly the same problem so unrelated

Edited by lude

All Kerbal Konstructs errors log starting with KK:

I have no idea how you ended up with a KKRT.cfg, unless I accidentally let out part of the KKRT Interface in a recent release.

5 hours ago, lude said:

...perhaps ask RT people if they could make an api for ease of appending ground stations from in game?

*coffee nose explosion* Sorry. In joke.

On 28/04/2016 at 11:40 PM, rasta013 said:

Reveal hidden contents

What version of KK is this?

I ask because it was Guids that caused some performance issues in a recent release and that was addressed.

If it's the latest KK then I suspect persistency has been broken. Unfortunately this means deleting KKFacilities.cfg and KKFacilitiesBack.cfg from the relevant save folder and then having to re-open facilities.

13 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

What version of KK is this?

I ask because it was Guids that caused some performance issues in a recent release and that was addressed.

If it's the latest KK then I suspect persistency has been broken. Unfortunately this means deleting KKFacilities.cfg and KKFacilitiesBack.cfg from the relevant save folder and then having to re-open facilities.

Sorry about that...I'm on 0.9.6.3 but I can also say that in perusing my last few log files I haven't seen the error pop again either.  It may have been a fluke of timing for me since I wasn't really experiencing any problems that I could see and only stumbled across that error in the log while looking for something else.  Now that I'm trying to find it I believe it's disappeared.  :rolleyes:

I'll keep a close eye on it and report back after some more testing later today to try and replicate it.

v0.9.6.4 available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Fixed custom logo and icon pathing for custom launchsites.
  • Added a tip to the KK KSC app regarding how to access the editor.
  • Addressed lag caused in Space Center scene when using this app.
  • Added a disclaimer to the Downlink to make it clearer it's WIP, currently just a toy and no it doesn't work with RemoteTech.

4 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:
  • Added a disclaimer to the Downlink to make it clearer it's WIP, currently just a toy and no it doesn't work with RemoteTech.

I noticed it also not working with Kerbolism. This is leading me to think Downlink doesn't like any non-stock communication system not just RemoteTech.
Another reason it will be very nice when the new stock system is released :)

3 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

I noticed it also not working with Kerbolism. This is leading me to think Downlink doesn't like any non-stock communication system not just RemoteTech.
Another reason it will be very nice when the new stock system is released :)

I was actually pondering whether to take a look at AntennaRange in the interim.

Hello. Is it only happens to me or someone has also this issue, where KK base selecting list won`t pop-up? On previous versions it worked perfectly, but now.. i simply can`t even open this list, where to select the launchsite.... Hmm..;.;

KK  0.9.6.5

KS 1.0.9

KSP 1.1.2

All are latest one`s.

(Also, Ctrl+K isn`t bring up the statics list editor )

Edited by EmperorPeeter
Adding more information about bug.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, blowfish said:

Off-planet sites are not supported (well, definitely not supported for launching, maybe for just existing).

Actually. All planets ground area is non- off-planet area - on the air bases are impossible on certain altitute (On Kerbin, it`s about 60k to 70 km above the ground), but... you can actually create custom launchsites on other planets (like i did many of them (two on  Mun, and over 10 bases are on my custom made planets, some of them have even full cities to explore....), but right now 0.9.6.5 version doesn`t want to work for me right now... :( )  (You can see some examples on my Steam screenshots http://steamcommunity.com/id/emperorpeeter1/screenshots/)

Edited by EmperorPeeter
was misprint on text.

4 hours ago, EmperorPeeter said:

Hello. Is it only happens to me or someone has also this issue, where KK base selecting list won`t pop-up? On previous versions it worked perfectly, but now.. i simply can`t even open this list, where to select the launchsite.... Hmm..;.;

KK  0.9.6.5

KS 1.0.9

KSP 1.1.2

All are latest one`s.

(Also, Ctrl+K isn`t bring up the statics list editor )

Based on the info you've provided, I haven't a clue what's wrong.

A KSP.log would be useful. I'd also check it yourself to see if it's reporting something as simple as not being able to load a static.

The symptoms you describe are indicative of a faulty static cfg or a faulty installation of the mod.

57 minutes ago, blowfish said:

@EmperorPeeter My understanding is that launching from off-planet bases might work in some cases, but was too unreliable to officially support.

Yeah this again. I think blowfish and I need some kind of forum macros for responding to the same question being asked over and over. I do have a 'search the thread' image around here somewhere...

Yes you can build launchsites on bodies other than Kerbin. However KSP's spawn/launch code is written assuming that the gravity of Kerbin is there when the vessel is spawned. If it's not, when a vessel is spawned it might not settle properly and may be inclined to float off somewhere or just drop at an odd angle.

Hence, I don't provide support for issues that arise from launching vessels from custom launchsites on bodies that aren't Kerbin. I'm not going to try and re-write KSP's spawning code at that level. That's like work, man.

Edited by AlphaAsh