Sign in to follow this  
B787_300

Maxmaps Talking some MP

Maxmaps has released some news on MP on Twitter

Edited by B787_300
Formatting

Meh, yet another shining example of how Squad, although they assured us this wouldnt happen, have decided to use other websites and social media to break news. So annoying to have to try and comb the entire internet to find all the stuff that the Official Employees of Squad have released about forthcoming updates.

Imagine, a place where all things KSP were discussed, and utilizing that same place for information about coming updates and just a place to collate all things KSP related... Oh wait that exists but isnt being utilized fully? Sad.

You mean like here? That's why we brought the news to you WololoW, rather than bemoan the fact you just posted in a thread with some actual news you could think of what you will do when you set up your own KSP-MP server :)

:P

Well played sir vager, well played.

(But TBH, this is the section of the forums for general discussion, not for KSP news...)

That is true WololoW but I feel that it'll be seen here the most, after it's established and enough people have seen and posted here I'll move it to Announcements or something :)

Now please stay on topic everyone :D

Will do. I am very excited at the prospect of MP. It seems based off of these tweets(bleh why twitter?! Why?!!! lol) that MP is a lot closer to implemented than I thought. I know it will likely still be after 1.0, but my hype train has already started!

(I dislike Twitter, horrible faddish thing)

It does indeed seem much closer now, though Max mentions DMP in that last twit rather than playing on in-game code, the thought that it's still happening is exciting :)

I like the sound of this. I was well into NWN's persistent worlds, and if it's possible to be able to have reliable persistency when a server inevitably comes down, this will be a lot of fun.

Very nice news! I look forward to seeing how stock multiplayer will be. I'm having a blast playing DMP with my friend. :)

I wonder if the server will be capable of simulating physics and be "aware" of KSP, to allow for more complex mods and handling (like having debris server-side, etc).

As stated by godarklight, DMP is not.

This is awesome! Glad to hear about progress with MP... so I know when my pirate fleet can be ready for pillaging. :P

This is awesome! Glad to hear about progress with MP... so I know when my pirate fleet can be ready for pillaging. :P

All of you're civilian merchant ships will disappear while transiting Kerbin's Waters. :) I assure you that much... :D

Haha! The hype is slowly building! I was there when MP was first announced at the end of KerbalCon 2013 (KerbalCon? KerbalKon? Forgot which it is), and I've been looking so forward ever since! Really glad to hear someday I'll be able to play KSP with my friends live!

I like the sound of this. I was well into NWN's persistent worlds, and if it's possible to be able to have reliable persistency when a server inevitably comes down, this will be a lot of fun.

Ever play on Dasaria?

Note to anybody who is using any sort of javascript blocking, if the first page looks like this:

Maxmaps has released some news on MP on Twitter

Followed by

Followed by

Followed by

Followed By

Enjoy

...enable "api.twitter.com" to run javascript.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.