[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

From the KSP.log, it looks like OSE references something in the KIS libraries and is linked to the older ones. So with the new KIS version it stops working. I'm getting the same thing, I picked a bad time to try out OSE... Still, once recompiled against the new KIS it should be good to go.

KIS was updated only 7 hours ago... OSE is very sensitive to changes in KIS code, soyez patient s-il vouz plait.

Edited by Enceos

I've got a design type question. Is there a reason you chose to use MaterialKits? I have seen RocketParts in a couple of different mods (USI Colonization, Extraplanetary Launchpads). It seems to me these would be equivalent resources.

I've got a design type question. Is there a reason you chose to use MaterialKits? I have seen RocketParts in a couple of different mods (USI Colonization, Extraplanetary Launchpads). It seems to me these would be equivalent resources.

Rocket parts are hard to manufacture and they are rocket parts. 3D printers use different materials (metals, plastics, ceramics and other powders). OSE Material Extractor is a very lightweight solution to extract those from the stock resource. Secondly we wanted to make OSE Workshop independent from MKS and EPL.

Rocket parts are hard to manufacture and they are rocket parts. 3D printers use different materials (metals, plastics, ceramics and other powders). OSE Material Extractor is a very lightweight solution to extract those from the stock resource. Secondly we wanted to make OSE Workshop independent from MKS and EPL.

we wanted to use a resource that can be created using the new resource system froma ksp 1.0. The production chain for rocket parts is very large and would have forced use to have something similar without rendering the other implementations useless. In addition we thought that rocket parts that can create complete rockets is a tier above what the printer does. The printer basically creates rocket parts, just not the generic ones used for epl but a small set of concrete parts that can be used immediately with KIS

Version 0.9.2 was just release and brings compatibility with KIS 1.2

- Updated to KIS 1.2

- Items in the Workshop menu are sorted by title

+1 for the swift update

+ gazillion kerbal funds for the mod :)

Some parts dont collide with the ground, will this be fixed in a future release?

Just checked, you were right. Material Extractor collider has physics issues. We'll fix that, thank you for the report.

Just a functionality suggestion. How about being able to search by part of the name? The searching needs some refinement IMO.

Also, neither the PackRat rover front section or roof rack (from USI Exploration Pack) are appearing in the workshop menu for some reason, despite being the same mass as the PackRat rover back section which IS in there.

screenshot56_zpse8ls0uve.png

They should be showing up between the data crate and the science camera.

screenshot57_zpsohhbks3n.png

Also, when I remove something from queue, it gives me this exception:

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Workshop.WorkshopItem].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Workshop.WorkshopItem].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.DrawQueuedItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: When I tried using the mouse wheel (well, the the touchpad mouse gesture that does the function) on the queued list, the game up and froze, had to force it closed....

Edit2: Couldn't reproduce, no idea what happened. There also seems to be some sort of memory leak going on editwhiletyping: Uh, it froze again while looking at the workshop menu...... Going to try and reproduce in a cleaner branchoff.

Edit3: Not really seeing it, maybe it has something to do with lots of part mods, thus lots of parts, thus really long lists?

Edit4: Froze up again after a while, maybe I'll wait a few to see if it comes out of it.

Edit5: Eh, definetly frozen, going to reload again and just let it sit with the workshop window open and see what happens.

Edited by smjjames

Just a functionality suggestion. How about being able to search by part of the name? The searching needs some refinement IMO.

Also, neither the PackRat rover front section or roof rack (from USI Exploration Pack) are appearing in the workshop menu for some reason, despite being the same mass as the PackRat rover back section which IS in there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot56_zpse8ls0uve.png

They should be showing up between the data crate and the science camera.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot57_zpsohhbks3n.png

Also, when I remove something from queue, it gives me this exception:

InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Workshop.WorkshopItem].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Workshop.WorkshopItem].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.DrawQueuedItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit: When I tried using the mouse wheel (well, the the touchpad mouse gesture that does the function) on the queued list, the game up and froze, had to force it closed....

Edit2: Couldn't reproduce, no idea what happened. There also seems to be some sort of memory leak going on editwhiletyping: Uh, it froze again while looking at the workshop menu...... Going to try and reproduce in a cleaner branchoff.

Edit3: Not really seeing it, maybe it has something to do with lots of part mods, thus lots of parts, thus really long lists?

Edit4: Froze up again after a while, maybe I'll wait a few to see if it comes out of it.

Edit5: Eh, definetly frozen, going to reload again and just let it sit with the workshop window open and see what happens.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take a look at the queue problem. The parts in the list are selected by volume, not by mass. Maybe for some reason the front section is larger than the back section. You can see the volume of a part when you add it to an inventory in the VAB. I don't know why it freezes, but it may have to do with the very long list in your menu. I am already looking for a solution and may implement some kind of paging like in the VAB. This will prevent scrolling, which seems to be very slow as well and reduce the number of parts shown in the menu.

What about the apparent memoryleak? Seems to have something to do with scrolling, not sure.

Edit: Oof, froze again when I went to another craft after queueing up a few parts. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to remove OSE workshop.

Edit2: Dangit, I keep getting things reverted every time this freezes, especially parts manufactured with the workshop.

Edit3: Grr, I lost several parts due to that freeze and revert

Edit4: Happened again after I finished some production and was timewarping to next morning on Minmus, lets see how much I lost..... Didnt lose anything, though I got bounced back several hours.

Edit5: GRRR, Froze AGAIN, after producing sime stuff, timewarping to next morning and it froze while I was moving some inventory. I'm sorry ObiVanDamme, but I'm going to have to remove workshop, it's causing too many problems for some reason.

Here's the output log of the latest freezeup.

Edit: Derp, linkage, http://sta.sh/01qr9gh6x4n4

Edited by smjjames

I noticed in career mode, it doesn't respect your tech unlock

Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it does. :) I noticed it, but when I decided to cheat a little, I couldn't find locked parts anymore.

What about the apparent memoryleak? Seems to have something to do with scrolling, not sure.

Edit: Oof, froze again when I went to another craft after queueing up a few parts. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to remove OSE workshop.

Edit2: Dangit, I keep getting things reverted every time this freezes, especially parts manufactured with the workshop.

Edit3: Grr, I lost several parts due to that freeze and revert

Edit4: Happened again after I finished some production and was timewarping to next morning on Minmus, lets see how much I lost..... Didnt lose anything, though I got bounced back several hours.

Edit5: GRRR, Froze AGAIN, after producing sime stuff, timewarping to next morning and it froze while I was moving some inventory. I'm sorry ObiVanDamme, but I'm going to have to remove workshop, it's causing too many problems for some reason.

Here's the output log of the latest freezeup.

Edit: Derp, linkage, http://sta.sh/01qr9gh6x4n4

I was looking through the output log and could not find any errors or anything that is related to the freezing. As already mentioned, I will get rid of the scrollable list and limit the amount of shown items to a fixed value using paging. Sorry for the problems you had. I hope you will come back with the new release.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed in career mode, it doesn't respect your tech unlock

Do you mean, that you can build parts that you have not unlocked in the tech tree? That was reported already and I thought i fixed it. I did a test in science mode only. Maybe there is something different in carrer that determines what parts are unlocked. I will investigate that. Thaynk you for the reporting of this issue

I have the same career issue here. I can build things I haven't unlocked yet in the tech tree. I enjoy the mod it's a great help on interplanetary missions.

Does this only occur in career mode, or in science mode as well?

I haven't tried in science mode yet I will do that when i get home today. Could this be a Community Tech Tree conflict?

I am not sure. I may need some more investigation on how to check for unlocked parts. Everything implemented now is best guess and a little bit of copy paste from other mods.

I am not sure. I may need some more investigation on how to check for unlocked parts. Everything implemented now is best guess and a little bit of copy paste from other mods.

Looks like you're using ResearchAndDevelopment.PartModelPurchased(); I use ResearchAndDevelopment.PartTechAvailable() which takes an AvailablePart, which you can look up by name.

https://github.com/henrybauer/AutoAsparagus/blob/master/AutoAsparagus/AutoAsparagus.cs#L74-L86

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.