[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

Do the new materialkits work in the same way as rocketparts used to? E.g where to build a 1 ton part, 1 ton of rocketparts was needed.

yes it does

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you're using ResearchAndDevelopment.PartModelPurchased(); I use ResearchAndDevelopment.PartTechAvailable() which takes an AvailablePart, which you can look up by name.

https://github.com/henrybauer/AutoAsparagus/blob/master/AutoAsparagus/AutoAsparagus.cs#L74-L86

thanks, I will give that a try

I was trying out your mod for the first time today, but I couldn't get it to work. When clicking open workbench the log was flooded with errors.

Link to log

I will take a look at that when I am Home. There seems to be an issue with the latest KIS release which was uploaded twice,because of a mistake with the first package. looks like I recompiled against that old version. you cannot do anything against that at the moment.I will release a patch asap

I was trying out your mod for the first time today, but I couldn't get it to work. When clicking open workbench the log was flooded with errors.

Link to log

I investigated your log file and it seems like at least one of the images I use for the filters in the menu is missing. Can you please go to the following link and make sure, that all mentioned files in those lines of code exist in the specified location. The root of the given path is the game data folder

So, when you use the lab to make parts, where does the part go? I had a lab in orbit, so I had it make a small RCS fuel tank but didn't get back to check on it. Last night I had it make a MechJeb touch screen. I get messages that the part is made and it is using the resources that where on the lab up, but I don't find the finished part. The lab's only KIS storage is the crew seats and they don't have the parts. I have some external cans on the station and one or 2 universal storage wedges on the station. But they don't have internal access (though I didn't have time to EVA check them last night).

I investigated your log file and it seems like at least one of the images I use for the filters in the menu is missing. Can you please go to the following link and make sure, that all mentioned files in those lines of code exist in the specified location. The root of the given path is the game data folder

What link?

So, when you use the lab to make parts, where does the part go? I had a lab in orbit, so I had it make a small RCS fuel tank but didn't get back to check on it. Last night I had it make a MechJeb touch screen. I get messages that the part is made and it is using the resources that where on the lab up, but I don't find the finished part. The lab's only KIS storage is the crew seats and they don't have the parts. I have some external cans on the station and one or 2 universal storage wedges on the station. But they don't have internal access (though I didn't have time to EVA check them last night).

It goes in the closest available inventory slot, first the crew inventory, then whatever else you have.

Also, you can just edit the config to have the external cans and storage wedges to allow internal access.

I had the feeling something like that happened to me twice today. For the record I'm using the old workspace, along with old kis and kas. I'll be making more parts soon, so I'll try to reproduce it.

I feel like the preferred container is set to a kerbal inventory inside my mks pds, though doesn't matter whether there's a kerbal there.

Before having these issues the preferred container was the base below the pds, which was and still is mostly empty.

Hmm, nether of the crew in the lab had the parts. Have a few other crew scattered around the station to check. Seems it should have gone to the lab crew since they were in the section that made the part.

Hmm, nether of the crew in the lab had the parts. Have a few other crew scattered around the station to check. Seems it should have gone to the lab crew since they were in the section that made the part.

External inventories which you can't access internally also receive parts from workshop. Gotta go EVA and check'em. Obi is working on the feature to select the default container for receiving parts.

Edited by Enceos

Yeah they are all there

EDIT: I figured it out. Got it working now. Apparently icons should not be converted to .dds

we had that problem before and still no solution

- - - Updated - - -

I found the parts in a hitchhiker can a few parts up.

good that it is working. The inventory selection will be the primary feature of the next major release.

So, how is the production chain? Is the raw material the stock ore?

I take some raw material, process it into which part? Is it included in this mod or does it come from EPL? And then that intermediate resource I get is used to manufacture parts into another part?

So, how is the production chain? Is the raw material the stock ore?

I take some raw material, process it into which part? Is it included in this mod or does it come from EPL? And then that intermediate resource I get is used to manufacture parts into another part?

To start manufacturing you just need the 3D printer which is incuded in the stock Mobile Processing Lab, or in the dedicated "3D Printing Lab" that you can unlock in the Science Tech node. Both come with a small amount of MaterialKits, which is the resource required to 3D print parts. You have two containers with 3000 and 6000 MaterialKits that you can use to resupply your printer. If you want to create MaterialKits in-situ you need the Converter part unlocked in Advanced Science Tech. It uses stock ore to create MaterialKits.

- - - Updated - - -

Version 0.9.3 is just released with bugfixes in the UI and performance improvement

- Fixed a bug that caused the displayed amount of recycable MaterialKits of a part to be higher than the actual result

- Fixed a bug that caused an exception to be thrown when parts where removed from the queue

- Fixed potential memory leaks in the GUI and made the code in general more robust (I hope the freezing some of you expected is now gone)

- Moved the containers from FuelTanks to Utility category

The one thing i'm missing with the OSE workshop is the ability to create large parts. I really liked that in an older mod. With that mod the size was only limited by the available resources.

The size of the available parts is limited because its they way I like to play. I prefer to build big rockets on kerbin and just add small parts on the fly. However the maximum size is configurable and if you want to increase it you can using module manager like this

@PART[OSE_Workshop]:AFTER[Workshop]
{
@MODULE[OseModuleWorkshop]
{
@MaxPartVolume = 2000 // set this to the desired limit
}
}

Version 0.9.3 is just released with bugfixes in the UI and performance improvement

- Fixed a bug that caused the displayed amount of recycable MaterialKits of a part to be higher than the actual result

- Fixed a bug that caused an exception to be thrown when parts where removed from the queue

- Fixed potential memory leaks in the GUI and made the code in general more robust (I hope the freezing some of you expected is now gone)

- Moved the containers from FuelTanks to Utility category

Coolness, I'll check it out, hopefully it's gone too.

(also, I ended up not actually deleting workshop and just left it aside and not use the workshop until an update came out. I did destroy the craft that was at Minmus though.)

Edit: Is it required that engineers are needed to crew it for it to work or can any profession work? Also, do the kerbals stats affect anything?

EDIT: Uhoh, I can click the buttons in the workshop menu, but no parts are showing. Maybe I'll make a new craft or something.

Edit3: Nope, new craft didn't help. I removed the old folder and placed in the new one, so it should all be there. Going to test in a cleaner branchoff KSP. Here's the output log from my main save for the moment.

Output log: http://sta.sh/01xxf7uk6v4y

Edit: Nope, not working in the branchoff save either, I wonder what's wrong with it (besides the obvious)? I grabbed the one off of github. Also, this was in science mode on my main save and in sandbox mode on the branchoff. Haven't tried career.

Edited by smjjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.