[1.2] OSE Workshop - KIS Addon: (v1.1.0 - 2016.11.03)

ObiVanDamme

On 7.6.2016 at 0:49 AM, nadvornm said:

I will look into this and let you know if I find a a way to patch it.

@ObiVanDamme you will receive a pull request in the next few days from me so you can integrate my patches if you want to

I received the Pull Request, thank you for that. I will integrate it today and release the new version as soon as I am done. 

Edit: Sorry guys, I did not finish merging and testing the pull request yet and the update has to wait till monday! ;.;

Edited by ObiVanDamme

I think KIS changed something in volume calculation. I have the same problems @brusura exposed but if I try to upgrade to 1.2.10 all my planetary base blows up.

In 1.2.9 I can't finish the part. Progress is 100% but seems like there is no enough space to move the part. I have cheated the KIS container to 20000 litres but no success.

The log starts to show the Exceptions mentioned above.

23 minutes ago, bice said:

I think KIS changed something in volume calculation. I have the same problems @brusura exposed but if I try to upgrade to 1.2.10 all my planetary base blows up.

In 1.2.9 I can't finish the part. Progress is 100% but seems like there is no enough space to move the part. I have cheated the KIS container to 20000 litres but no success.

The log starts to show the Exceptions mentioned above.

@bice all the problems you mention should be fixed in the temporary patch I have released some posts ago. I guess you missed the last page of this thread :wink:

There will be an official release coming probably on monday as @ObiVanDamme stated in his last post.

Hi @nadvornm I saw it and your version is the one I have installed, but KIS is still 1.2.9 because of the terrible explosions i have when i upgrade to 1.2.10

Today I see that KIS has new  release (1.2.11) I start trying it just now.

EDIT: Still in 1.2.10 I have tryed to simulate the problem in a sandbox game.

New game, new base in launchpad with the following parts:

- command module.

- Laboratory (with workshop enabled by MM and necessary resources added)

- KIS Inventory small (cheated volume to 20000 liters)

- Batteries and solar panels.

At first everything looks perfect. I can open the recycler and Workbench and navigate with no problems. Then I start production of a Command module and when the Workbench finishes the job It stops at 100%, but nothing happens. No errors in the log. Simply it stops. Then I try to recycle a part and when I press the button the log starts to fill with this message:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:00:13.023] [OSE] - EnableIcon for trussAdapter
[WRN 09:00:13.027] WORKAROUND. Found null field controlSrcStatusText in module prefab ModuleCommand, fixing to default value of type System.String:
[WRN 09:00:13.028] WORKAROUND. Found null field spaceName in module prefab ModuleConnectedLivingSpace, fixing to default value of type System.String:
[WRN 09:00:13.028] WORKAROUND. Found null field targetReferenceBody in module prefab TrajectoriesVesselSettings, fixing to default value of type System.String:
[ERR 09:00:13.029] [OSE] - OseModuleWorkshop_OnUpdate

[EXC 09:00:13.031] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 BaseFieldList.GetEnumerator ()
 KIS.KIS_Shared.CleanupFieldsInModule (.PartModule module)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.CleanupModuleFieldsInPart (.Part part)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
 KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
 KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
 System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
 Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
 System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
 Workshop.KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part partPrefab)
 Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.AddToContainer (Workshop.WorkshopItem item)
 Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.FinishManufacturing ()
 Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.ProcessItem ()
 Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop.OnUpdate ()
 UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
 Workshop.OseModuleWorkshop:OnUpdate()
 Part:ModulesOnUpdate()
 Part:Update()

I'll try again with the new version to see if something changes.

Edited by Guest
syntax errors

@bice that is strange I have both 1.2.11 and nadvomm version and everything works fine, wich mods do you have installed?

I have a question for @nadvornm  and @ObiVanDamme what make a part able to be built or recycled? For example I can recycle a RE-L10 "Poodle" but I can not built it ( at least is not showing in the list )

PS: also the robotic tab in the buld interface is empty even if I have installed robotic parts

Thanks

Edited by brusura

Hi Again

I think the source of the problem could be this:

KIS 1.2.9

[LOG 20:07:51.299] [OSE] - KIS is available - Initialize Workshop
[LOG 20:07:51.300] [OSE] - 23 inventories found on this vessel!
[LOG 20:07:51.301] [OSE] - Max volume is: 20000liters

KIS 1.2.10 (1.2.11)

[LOG 17:55:41.170] [OSE] - KIS is available - Initialize Workshop
[LOG 17:55:41.170] [OSE] - No Inventories found on this vessel!
[LOG 17:55:41.171] [OSE] - Max volume is: 20000liters

But the worst is that when i upgrade the base is totally destroyed and in 1.2.11 the planet disapears! so the rest are grounded in space. a few photos

Other thing I noticed in the upgraded version, is that volumes are totally unrreal: 7.5m fuel tanks from SpaceY have same volume than a docking port. :0.0:

I have installed a lot of mods (around 100). Gamedata contents follows:

Spoiler
ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll

000_Toolbar
000_USITools
ABCORS
Apex
ASET
AtmosphereAutopilot
AutoRove
AviationLights
B9PartSwitch
BackgroundProcessing
BetterBurnTime
BoulderCo
BZ-1
Canadarm
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConnectedLivingSpace
Cormorant Aeronology
DatedQuickSaves
Diazo
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicScienceAnimate
DMagicUtilities
EasyVesselSwitch
EditorExtensionsRedux
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
EVA-Handrail-KIS-master
FerramAerospaceResearch
FieldExperience
Firespitter
ForScience
GPOSpeedFuelPump
HangarGrid
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KAS
KerbalEngineer
KerbalHacks
KerbalJointReinforcement
KerbalScienceFoundation
KIS
Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal
Klockheed_Martian_SSE
Kopernicus
KSA
KSP-AVC
LETech
MagicSmokeIndustries
MechJeb2
MechJeb2 Embedded by Dennis6492
MK1-2_InternalsASET
Mk2Expansion
ModRocketSys
ModularFlightIntegrator
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureProps
NearFutureSpacecraft
NEBULA
OrbitalTug
PlanetaryBaseInc
PlanetShine
PortraitStats
PreciseNode
RadialEngineMountsPPI
REPOSoftTech
SCANsat
scatterer
ShipManifest
SimpleConstruction
SmokeScreen
Solaris Hypernautics
SpaceY-Expanded
SpaceY-Lifters
Squad
StationPartsExpansion
StationScience
StockBugFixPlus
StockVisualEnhancements
SurfaceExperimentPackage
SurfaceLights
TextureReplacer
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UniversalStorage
VesselView
WaypointManager
WildBlueIndustries
Workshop

Finally with KIS 1.2.9 Not all parts can be added to OSE Workshop.

[LOG 20:08:12.449] [OSE] - 1061 loaded parts
[LOG 20:08:12.450] [OSE] - 986 unlocked parts
[LOG 20:08:12.451] [OSE] - Part lightbeacon.amber could not be added to available parts list
[LOG 20:08:12.451] [OSE] - Part lightbeacon.red could not be added to available parts list
[LOG 20:08:12.452] [OSE] - Part lightnav.blue could not be added to available parts list
[LOG 20:08:12.453] [OSE] - Part lightnav.green could not be added to available parts list
.....(a lot of lines)

There are a lot of things that have changed in 1.1.2 of KSP and the newest versions of KIS. I finished merging the pull request but was not able to make everything work as expected up to now. I have some more features in the pipeline which should make the gameplay with OSE Workshop more challanging while at the same time reduce complexicty and make things less valnurable to errors. I already started integrating those and they will come with the release on monday.

Little preview:

• removed volume limit in workshop => you can build everything that fits inside your inventories
  • removed scaling of resource amounts to compensate part cost => new system for funds compensation is done, that only affects career mode
  • completey reworked the filter system and the integration of non-stock parts added by other mods

@brusura you can recycle all parts that are available in your inventories, but you can only build parts that are smaller than the configured size limit => this will be gone with the next release as stated above

Hi again

FYI

After some experimentation I have made big progresses. Because the base had many inventories I went over them and found out that several were at full capacity. With volume changes in new versions maybe the volumes increased so it could be a problem. I proceeded to put all the bigger parts out of the containers and tried again.

At this point the base was stable. No explosions :) But the game became unplayable with a lot of log lines from Buffalo rover from WildBlue (and NRE involving KIS containers). So I downgraded again to KIS 1.2.9 and drove the rover 4Km far from the base to avoid loading.

After upgrade again to 1.2.11 and apply your patch @nadvornm all works again!. I'm able to recycle and produce parts in the workbench. :cool:

The problem is in the rover. I think it is not updated to latest versions of KIS.

Thanks to all for your support.

15 hours ago, bice said:

Thanks @ObiVanDamme 

please remember to add a cancel button to cancel production of parts that won't fit in any inventory!

If there is enough time on monday before dealine I will take a look at that. It is already implemented in the recycler, so it should not be too much trouble ;-)

glad to see this is getting some attention still.

quick question: if I wanted to create a dedicated high efficiency recycling unit that can only recycle, but would produce MaterialKits, ExoticMinerals, and RareMetals (at variable quantities), would I just use 3x OseModuleRecycler with different ConversionRates? My only concern is that it might triple my ElectricCharge usage (I could always have them run on separate resources I suppose). Or I could have a fourth OseModuleRecycler producing ElectricCharge to offset the cost maybe?

You only need a single module. What you need to do is to change the conversion rate. If you set it to 1.0 you will recycle the part completely without any losses. You can not set what the part will be recycled to in the recycler. It also uses the recipe system, which means, that you will get the same resources back that are needed to craft the part. The output resource configuration property is obsolete. I will remove it in the next release. See example config below

MODULE
  {
    name = OseModuleRecycler
    ConversionRate = 0.25 // How much of a parts mass will be recycled
    ProductivityFactor = 0.1 // How much units of the resource a processed per second
    UpkeepResource = ElectricCharge // This resource will be consumed 1 per second during processing
    MinimumCrew = 2 // Amount of Kerbals needed for the Recycler to work
  }

Edited by ObiVanDamme

OSE Workshop Version 0.14.0 has just been released

- Compatible to KSP 1.1.2
- Compatible to KIS 1.2.11
- Updated all included dependencies to latest version
- Removed resource scaling to compensate for part costs
- Removed configurable part size limit for the workshop
- Removed "All" filter in workshop menu
- Removed all category filters except for "none" in workshop menu
- Added funds requirement for parts where the parts cost is more than the resource costs in career mode
- Added CategoryAddon module that unlocks part categories in the workshop menu
- Added CategoryAddon for all categories except "Science" to Workshop
- Added CategoryAddon for "Science" to Mobile Processing Lab

Some more explainations :wink:

Some versions ago I added the resource scaling system to prevent an exploit that allows a player to gather unlimited funds by printing very light and expensive parts like the gravioli detector. The system scalled the resources required to craft a part up until the resource costs matched the cost of a part. This system is gone, because it did not make much sense and also affected science mode and sandbox although funds are not available. The new system will now require the difference between the resource cost and the part costs in funds. This of course only affacts career mode. The funds will be withdrawn the moment you start printing a part. If not enough funds are available you cannot start printing. The recycler will ignore funds completly and not "recycle" a part into funds. Tom compensate for that I increased the amount of resources recycled to 50%.

The CategoryAddon feature means, that you need parts with a certain CategoryAddon to be able to print parts of that category. At the moment the Workshop itself comes with Addons for all categories except Science, which is located in the mobile processing lab. That means, that if you want to print parts of the science category you need to have a Mobile Processing Lab on your vessel. This feature might cause problems with mods integrating OSE Workshop like Pathfinder or MKS until they provided the Addons themselves. As a result of this feature the "All" category is no longer available. 

Without any addons the Workshop can only print parts of the none category, which contains most of the other mod parts and of course all items that are KIS Items. To prevent items, that should not be available to show up in the none category I introduced a blacklist configuration that can be found in the OSE_Filters.cfg file. All parts listed there can not be printed at all. OSE Workshop will scan all cfg files on load for nodes with that name and remove parts found from the workshop menu. 

Like a lot the new changes! Good job... so if I understood it correctly one is only limited by the volume of inventory for building things? ( I need bigger KIS containers :) )

Anyway I think there is a problem with some parts ie "Mk0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage" is not showing in the workbench ( also all MK2 fuselage tank )

Edited by brusura

1 hour ago, brusura said:

Like a lot the new changes! Good job... so if I understood it correctly one is only limited by the volume of inventory for building things? ( I need bigger KIS containers :) )

Anyway I think there is a problem with some parts ie "Mk0 Liquid Fuel Fuselage" is not showing in the workbench ( also all MK2 fuselage tank )

I will investigate. Thank you for pointing out. And yes, the only limit for crafting is the available inventory size. 

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

For the CategoryAddon, how do you add a custom category, such as the pathfinder category? I'm liking the new changes, thanks for keeping the mod up to date. :)

At the moment you can't. You can only add Addons for the available part categories. I f I find a way to dynamically call the Editor Filter functions I will let you know.

1 hour ago, ObiVanDamme said:

At the moment you can't. You can only add Addons for the available part categories. I f I find a way to dynamically call the Editor Filter functions I will let you know.

Ah, ok, I can just copy the CategoryAddon modules then into Pathfinder's parts and it should be good to go. :) Am I correct in assuming that I no longer need to specify the list of parts to appear in the custom parts tab, so long as my parts fit into one of the standard categories? (FuelTank, Pods, etc)?

Edited by Angel-125

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ah, ok, I can just copy the CategoryAddon modules then into Pathfinder's parts and it should be good to go. :) Am I correct in assuming that I no longer need to specify the list of parts to appear in the custom parts tab, so long as my parts fit into one of the standard categories? (FuelTank, Pods, etc)?

If you want pathfinder parts to unlock a certain category you can just copy the MM patch I used to add the science category to the lab. Yes exactly, you only need to specify parts you do NOT want to show up. I did that change because the number of blacklist parts was very small (Mechjeb has some parts to represent new unlocked modules in the tech tree).

Hi @ObiVanDamme

Bug: Next and Prev button in the recycler window are not working, the list blink for a second but it always show same page despite there are more items in the inventory

Enhancement 1: would be nice to have a next and and prev in queue for both workbench and recycler

Enhancement 2: in workbench, show how much of litres are really available in the favored kis container

Edited by brusura

11 hours ago, brusura said:

Hi @ObiVanDamme

Bug: Next and Prev button in the recycler window are not working, the list blink for a second but it always show same page despite there are more items in the inventory

Enhancement 1: would be nice to have a next and and prev in queue for both workbench and recycler

Enhancement 2: in workbench, show how much of litres are really available in the favored kis container

Thank you for this report. I will take a look into that. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.