The Rocket Printing Hype Train Thread

Whirligig Girl

What, for console peasants? Pfff... :sticktongue:

How could they even do anything in VAB?

In some ways the VAB would work better with a gamepad I feel. Three axes of control for three dimensions, rather than trying to map it to the two-dimensional mouse movement. Lots of issues like trouble attaching to the centre stack when it's surrounded by boosters just go away.
OK chaps, a little update,

https://twitter.com/Maxmaps/status/570110121545576448

He says it's "related to -your- ingame creations".

To be honest that doesn't really rule out much.

If we could get 3D printed KSP rockets i would be very, very happy. Although 3D printing costs a literal ....load of money :(

I can just imagine if you could submit a craft file to a webpage and they would make a print of that rocket. I would really like a 2m tall KSP Apollo 11 rocket :D

It would be nice if it was Kronal Vessel Viewer becoming stock.

Edit: Also remember that MaxMaps is prone to lame puns. A "new dimension" could be just a reference to the name of the new partner, or something the partner has worked on.

Edited by Parkaboy

It would be nice if it was Kronal Vessel Viewer becoming stock.

Edit: Also remember that MaxMaps is prone to lame puns. A "new dimension" could be just a reference to the name of the new partner, or something the partner has worked on.

That's why peeps think its simplerockets, 2d. It was suggested on reddit but maxmaps says nobody guessed right. Remember its a partnership, so another company or entity.

That's why peeps think its simplerockets, 2d. It was suggested on reddit but maxmaps says nobody guessed right. Remember its a partnership, so another company or entity.

Hoping that the email with Roscosmos weren't only for Valentina..

Anyway, I assume this is what you guessed, though that's not a "new" dimension. It's the current number of dimensions minus 1. If I came out to my car and saw it only had 3 tires I wouldn't say "Oh wow a new tire!"

No, you would be yelling "Hey! Give me back my tire!" at me as I run away with your tire.

Perhaps a plugin that would make a classical blueprint of the vessel you make, so you could print it out on paper?

I actually like this idea. It's really good! Free for all and interesting. Print out your Jool Mothership and hang it on your office wall (sorry... or cube). Cool!

Thread closed while we remove off-topic and rule breaking posts.

Thread reopened.

For clarification: the new partnership has nothing to do with my recent tweet to Roscosmos (if anyone knows a way to get into contact with them... let me know), and this bit of news will of course be posted on the forums as well.

Edited by KasperVld

For clarification: the new partnership has nothing to do with my recent tweet to Roscosmos (if anyone knows a way to get into contact with them... let me know), and this bit of news will of course be posted on the forums as well.

I'm crying :(

Apologies for creating/feeding that bit of fairly reckless speculation.

Hey guys, this info will be posted on Reddit and crossposted here once it's actually a thing. Mostly since it entails an AMA later in the week with our new partner, which will happen on /r/kerbalspaceprogram.

Hmm, an AMA is involved, now I'm thinking it is a bit bigger, like SpaceX parts or ESA parts maybe. Rosetta themed parts anyone?

Maxmaps, is this the same as Samssonart's "secret project" or something else?

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.