OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

You can easily rescale the Centaur without needing to remake the textures. Just pick the whole mesh(es) and rescale them to 1.33333333 (...), this way the 1.875m Centaur matches almost perfectly up with the stock 2.5m tanks. I don't see the sense in making a Centaur for 400 and for 500 version. It's just unnecessary work. But otherwise, it looks pretty good! :)

Actually there is no reason to make two. There is no difference really between the 400 and 500. That part that meets the tank is actually a fairing. The centaur is tucked in it.

3459352_orig.jpg?604

nu_0513lg.jpg

See a centaur is a centaur. Same for 400 and 500 just a different type of adapter. It just gets tucked away into an interstage fairing for the 500 series. The centaur tank on the 500 series is not the same size as the booster tank. So you need to either make an interstage adapter for the 500 series or you just allow the users to play with procedural fairings.

Edited by sp1989

When is the best time for ditching the boosters on the Atlas? Or is that just something that makes no difference if you eject them too early/late? Also, could you make a Kerbalized Agena (the upper stage, not the Agena Target Vehicle) to fit with the Atlas, to kinda complete the "family" of Atlas upper stages?

When is the best time for ditching the boosters on the Atlas? Or is that just something that makes no difference if you eject them too early/late? Also, could you make a Kerbalized Agena (the upper stage, not the Agena Target Vehicle) to fit with the Atlas, to kinda complete the "family" of Atlas upper stages?

There is not "official" altitude to decouple.

Ok, ok, I'll make centaur V 1.875-meter and 2.5m -> 1.875 adapter.

Now meet the flame! (Thanks for Beale! He has taught me how to make this)

bFBa2yw.png

Orange tank with bump and white things. Just as you said. Honestly, I don't like this. And what all of you think about it? Do we need bump?

ZfFnWt7.png

About rl10: Now I am really tired, so maybe it will come on weekends.

http://i.imgur.com/bFBa2yw.png

Orange tank with bump and white things. Just as you said. Honestly, I don't like this. And what all of you think about it? Do we need bump?

http://i.imgur.com/ZfFnWt7.png

FX looks nice! Glad you sorted that out.

For orange tank, maybe you can try a specular map with a lot of noise? this should give appearance similar to a bump map, but without the extra memory of a texture (And, usually it's a lot more noticeable than a bump map IMO).

Example, how I do "gold-foil effect"

2f7e152391.jpg4e676bae9c.jpg

Edited by Beale

http://i.imgur.com/bFBa2yw.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZfFnWt7.png

I think an orange would be just fine. You don't have to make it look scratchy if you don't like the way it looks. If you could go for maybe a copper color that would be cool but even then dont push it too much. Again its kerbalized and it just need to look enough like the thing so we know thats what you were going for.

I dunno if you noticed this... but your mod has been reviewed by Kottabos:

Wow. WOW!

Also, we are not dead, textures for áentaur-V and configs are still WIP and coming soon:wink:

Any suggestions?

b7VbG8A.png

Edited by SnowWhite

I gotta ask, where is that pod from?

Tantares by Beale

- - - Updated - - -

Atlas V Alpha

Remember, that's alpha, not the final version. See some issues? Tell me!

Without upper stage. Why? WIP now. Why? Because Niemand and SpcAnn was busy all week.

http://i.imgur.com/Ib7MHOg.png

Totally totally worth the wait!! The engine is wonderful and it will go far. It might slightly be overpowered but we just gotta use it for heavy payloads. I mean the RD-180 is a very powerful engine. I think its balanced very well especially if its used with proper payloads. Took some pictures and the whole thing together looks really good. Well done man cant wait for the centaur. In the mean time I will just use procedural tanks and the fasa rl-10. Also I used a procedural tank in the last picture to show you what the copper tank in game can look like. If I can nit pick anything, I think there should be some smoke at least on the launch pad and small trail. I used to hate the smokescreen plugin but it has come a long way and it works really well without effecting performance. What ever you do, don't use real plume it looks really bad. I think one of the best implementations of the smokescreen plugin was by stubbles on his Zenit launcher. Its so well done, it looks beautiful, and its done very realistically.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by sp1989

sp1989, thank you for feedback!

When you are talking about smoke in Zenit mod do you mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/YsGXdAV.jpg

Also, should it be... more copper?

http://i.imgur.com/fVWpBEy.png

Yes and no. He designed it when it took off there was a plumes of smoke that shot out of the exhaust slots in the launchpad and the. The smoke would disapate as it took off. Then durin ascent there was the slightest trail of smoke and it wasn't white it was orangeish exhaust. But it didn't go all the way down to the pad. Download it and launch it once with the smokescreen config he has in the download. You'll see what I mean. Also when it comes to the design of the tank, that is totally up to you. I like it the way you have it. I mean it's not a replica its stockalike.

Edited by sp1989

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.