[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

On 30/3/2016 at 0:18 PM, TheCrazyHeadGamer said:

I didn't ask if there was a new version of the mod, i just asked if it's 1.1 friendly in its current version...

I did not try tweakscale myself on 1.1 but other plugins that i tried did not work. since old ksp is based on Unity 4.?? and 1.1 is based on unity 5.?? most plugins like tweaksacle will not work. but dont worry most of the plugins will be updated ina few weeks.

Folks, just a friendly reminder, please don't pester mod authors with "when will it be ready in 1.1" or "this doesn't work in 1.1".

1.1 is a major change, not just for the Unity engine but for a large amount of internal rearranging that Squad did for the API that mod authors have to work with.  Virtually any plug-in that has actual code in it is going to need an update to work in 1.1.  Mod authors know this, and they know that they will have to do some work in order to make their stuff functional in 1.1.  How long it will take will depend on the mod (some will be easier to update than others) and on the mod author's schedule (they're doing this for free, in their spare time, to give you this cool stuff out of the goodness of their hearts, and the author may or may not have time to drop everything and update the mod right away).

So if you have any questions around this (or any mod) with respect to 1.1, here's a handy FAQ:

• "Does <mod> work in 1.1?"  Probably not.
  • "When will a 1.1-compatible version of <mod> be ready?"  It'll be ready whenever the mod author has the time and inclination to update it.
  • "So how will I know when it's ready?"  When the mod author tells you that it is (for example, by posting an announcement in the mod's thread).

In other words... just take it easy, please?  Mod threads like this one are great places for giving feedback (about how much you love the mod, or what features you'd like to see, or whatever), or for asking questions about how to use the mod.  However, asking for updates is typically not helpful.

Yeah the main reason this mod doesn't work with 1.1 is the UI changes that were made to KSP.  

Any mod that uses the Parts UI is going to be broken till its updated so with this mod the TweakScale Slider doesn't show.

it says "12 hours ago" here

GameDataKSP 1.1 12 hours ago

PropertiesKSP 1.1 12 hours ago

see dev-thread:

11 hours ago, emerald said:

https://github.com/emerald79/TweakScale

Some adaptions for KSP 1.1, TweakScale dll seems to work, not sure about the required changes for non freescale scaling (node scaling), since KSPAPIExt is no longer.

Edited by Speadge

On 22.3.2016 at 0:43 AM, pellinor said:

A quick word on the opt-in prerelease: I don't have steam access so an update will have to wait until the full release. If anyone gets a recompile to work, feel free to share it here.

Sorry, should have crossposted that here. I'll update it as soon as 1.1 is out.

15 minutes ago, JJayzX said:

Emerald79 is not a dev. He has just been simply recompiling other people's mods, doesn't even fix any of the changes needed.

TweakScale is an open source project, no official title needed to offer contributions. Even a simple recompile means work, requires code changes and gives others something to play with. So thanks for helping out!

2 hours ago, JJayzX said:

Emerald79 is not a dev. He has just been simply recompiling other people's mods, doesn't even fix any of the changes needed.

Simple recompiling takes only understanding the changes in unity and ksp, understanding partly how the mod works and only takes, in this case, 3 hours plus testing.

(If you are referring to KJR, the code changes by the maintainer for actual ksp 1.1 compatibility were the same as i did, he did it 4 weeks earlier but didn't release it to the public)

Edited by emerald

Anyone wondering on the 1.1 status, the 1.0.5 won't work since Squad had to re-do all the UI therefore new coding etc, which the current state of the mod has not adapted to, so it just simply won't show up.

Hi i have no idea if this has been brought up or not but some stuff is rescale-able and others not with the OPT modpack. The OPT main wing type A  is rescale-able  but the OPT main wing Type A elevon isn't and that's the only elevon that will fit it, not sure if that's a bug or has just been missed but it's really annoying lol doing a heavy Transport space carrier and there the only wings i like for it >_< 

I have noticed that some other things you are unable to rescale with OPT and the B9 modpack. I'm unsure if that's because i'm using the beta OPT but as you can rescale one but not the other that is dependent on it then i doubt it's that 

Edit: Ok the dev build fixes the elevon not scaling >_< 

Edited by MacWHinny

I'm using the 1.1 x64 build

Tweakscale works for me for the most part but doesn't seem to be able to scale Thrust but I also can't check with ui window info only kerbal engineer.

I feel like a lot of the mods that I downloaded had tweakscale support before but don't anymore, also a change is that I have to replace the object if it has storage for it to update.

3 hours ago, lude said:

Tweakscale works for me for the most part but doesn't seem to be able to scale Thrust but I also can't check with ui window info only kerbal engineer.

I feel like a lot of the mods that I downloaded had tweakscale support before but don't anymore, also a change is that I have to replace the object if it has storage for it to update.

some advice never never btw did i say never scale engines. if u scale the engine any other mod effecting that engine has potential to break or go nuts.

5 hours ago, sidfu said:

some advice never never btw did i say never scale engines. if u scale the engine any other mod effecting that engine has potential to break or go nuts.

This is true for any sort of parts, and for any mod interaction at all. What makes engines special? The only issue I am aware of is particle scaling, which is purely visual and has noting to do with other mods.

Please avoid unspecific suggestions that things are buggy and try to bring up something concrete and reproducible.

Edited by pellinor

9 hours ago, lude said:

TweakScale carries a lot of configs for mods I don't use and I'm not too familiar with. So it would make my life easier if users of those mods can help collecting what exactly is broken.

I mainly expect broken configs because names have changed. Names of parts, new part modules, or properties that have moved from one part module to another. The engine thrust sounds a bit like a change in the past where the game did not read maxThrust anymore but an internal variable 'maxFuelFlow'. Maybe they have changed something along those lines again. I'll have a look when I get the release version.

4 hours ago, lude said:

^^ but I swer in 1.05 at least a quarter of the engines scaled without any hassle, especially most SRBs worked fine

What was the hassle with the others?

Edited by pellinor

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

What was the hassle with the others?

From memories (I had a mod that showed more stats of parts) the engines that didn't work as intended got either too little thrust, had extreme gimbal changes (perhaps due to km gimbal), in some rare cases (don't even know if those were engines) weight

but I can't even recollect if it that was in 1.04 or 1.05

i wish I knew what mod it was that extended rmb info windows to show thrust and other things

On 11/04/2016 at 1:08 PM, cavilier210 said:

I can't seem to get the newest dev build to work in any manner. I downloaded from the link shown above, and copied the gamedata contents to gamedata in the prerelease versions folder. Kinda weird.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem here. 

On 11.4.2016 at 7:08 AM, cavilier210 said:

I can't seem to get the newest dev build to work in any manner. I downloaded from the link shown above, and copied the gamedata contents to gamedata in the prerelease versions folder. Kinda weird.

Just one idea, are you using a 1.1 compatible modulemanager? Emerald did not update it in his repo.