[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

On 1/23/2016 at 7:32 PM, catcha said:

So, sorry if this is covered. I looked through about 15 of the 70 pages before I decided to just ask again. I love KIS, I use it all the time. However, suddenly the Inventory button doesn't appear on my Kerbals in EVA, and if I click on the Inventory button on a container the menu just flashes for a second without remaining open. I haven't installed any new mods. I've taken as many mods out as I can before I start having part loading issues.

Any idea what may be the culprit? (I have a full base packed up and landed, no way to unpack it. :)

This one was driving me nuts because it was seemingly intermittent. I think I finally figured out what was the cause so I wanted to give an update in case anyone else is having this issue. I use the mod "Quickstart". If I load up the last saved vessel, KIS will not work. However, if I go the spacecenter and back to the vessel it all works. Easy fix for alot of frustration.  

So I've been having some issues with "allowPartAttach." No matter the value I set it to (1 or 2), it says it requires a tool to detach it. I've compared and even copied it from the wiki and from other examples and no workie workie. I have used other mods that do it successfully, I just can't seem to replicate it. Thoughts? Searching the thread didn't help and I've already gone over the wiki a number of times.

Thanks.

--edit--

Nevermind, it apparently works now.

Relevant config part, ignore the bad formatting, forum did that:

Spoiler

MODULE
{
        name = ModuleKISItem
        shortcutKeyAction = drop
        useName = use
        usableFromEva = true
        usableFromContainer = true
        usableFromPod = true
        usableFromEditor = false
        editorItemsCategory = false
        equipable = true
        stackable = false
        equipMode = part
		equipSlot = jetpack
        equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
		equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
        equipSkill = scientist
		equipPos = (0,0,-0.06)
		equipDir = (0,0,0)
        carriable = true
        allowPartAttach = 1
        allowStaticAttach = 0
}

Edited by Deimos Rast
whoops

Is there a way to change what the root part is on a vessel in orbit? I know there was a change in the last version which allows for moving multiple parts. Or should I fly up a new "ship" that contains only a new root part, and then attach the rest of the ship to that?

8 hours ago, sardia said:

Is there a way to change what the root part is on a vessel in orbit? I know there was a change in the last version which allows for moving multiple parts. Or should I fly up a new "ship" that contains only a new root part, and then attach the rest of the ship to that?

There is no "tool" to change the root. Though, there are workrounds that may or may not work well in your case. Why exactly do you need to change the root? If your intention is detaching/moving the root part then there are two ways:

1. Use "Detach" tool (key "X") to detach children from the root part. Once you did it you will be able to move former root part as you need without affecting other parts.
  2. Attach the vessel in question to another vessel with a KAS link. While connected the root part of the attached vessel is counted from the part to which the port is attached, i.e. you can sort of temporarily "change" the root.

Helmet attachment doesn't work on female kerbals... checked the kerbal hierarchy and tried a dozen different combinations in the KIS config, all gives error "evaTransform not found" when attempting to equip a helmet item.

Edit: Figured it out... mesh name is slightly different between EVAKerbal M and F versions.

Edited by nli2work

15 hours ago, IgorZ said:

There is no "tool" to change the root. Though, there are workrounds that may or may not work well in your case. Why exactly do you need to change the root? If your intention is detaching/moving the root part then there are two ways:

1. Use "Detach" tool (key "X") to detach children from the root part. Once you did it you will be able to move former root part as you need without affecting other parts.
  2. Attach the vessel in question to another vessel with a KAS link. While connected the root part of the attached vessel is counted from the part to which the port is attached, i.e. you can sort of temporarily "change" the root.

The most common reason is upgrades. In this example below, the inline command pod can be replaced with a lander can, shaving off half a ton. Thanks for the tip about KAS pipe links. I didn't realize that changes the root part as well.

Lsbt2if.jpg

13 hours ago, Drj3199 said:

can I remove pieces of something with this mod?

You can detach "something" and put it into inventory. If the piece is too big (e.g. an empty fuel tank) you can detach it, move at safe distance and dispose using explosives.

22 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You can detach "something" and put it into inventory. If the piece is too big (e.g. an empty fuel tank) you can detach it, move at safe distance and dispose using explosives.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, yourshadows said:

okay i have an issue, im unable to put any of the EVA items into the seat storages, or anywhere for that matter, anyone have any idea why? i install all my mods with CKAN

I use ckan and have no issues, it is probably another mod

2 hours ago, yourshadows said:

okay i have an issue, im unable to put any of the EVA items into the seat storages, or anywhere for that matter, anyone have any idea why? i install all my mods with CKAN

How are you trying to put them in the Inventory? Can you successfully put other parts in inventory?

2 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

How are you trying to put them in the Inventory? Can you successfully put other parts in inventory?

basically when i click the eva items into the seat inventory window it doesnt go into the window, it just goes through it, doesnt matter which seat or container i try

20 minutes ago, yourshadows said:

basically when i click the eva items into the seat inventory window it doesnt go into the window, it just goes through it, doesnt matter which seat or container i try

Are you trying to put them in inventory the same way you attach it to a ship?

Just now, ExplorerKlatt said:

Are you trying to put them in inventory the same way you attach it to a ship?

i dont understand what you mean? i'm in the VAB and open the seat inventory by right clicking the part and then i click the item from the parts section of the VAB and drag them into the seat inventory window that shows up, the part just drops through however

9 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

To place in inventory, left click and hold on the desired part. The cursor should turn into the part icon, then drag to inventory window and release. 

wow, it was really that simple? i even uninstalled a few mods to try and figure it out

55 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Yep sometimes it is a simple answer. I would also recommend reading through the users guide in the OP.  It can also be accessed in game (the blue book part). Just right click on it and click read. 

yep, but i had it working before some mods and i cant remember holding the button when selecting them so assumed it was a bug/mod issue, thanks for the help :D