The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

Or maybe you don't.

A joke is something to laugh at. Not a cruel thing to say. Jokes are supposed to be humorous. This post was said in so serious a tone that many people wouldn't catch that it's a joke.

Tones of voice don't carry over into text.

I laughed. It was humorous. Some people don't like (insert comedian here) but that doesn't mean they aren't telling jokes. I'm still laughing at it. Dark humor, embrace it.

Ok i will explain a little detail to you and hopefully to Kasper, since you both seem to have a colored high horse so up your read end you can't see it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

Now, what day it is?

PROTIP:

Is not April 1

april fool jokes are on APRIL 1, NOT TWO WEEKS EARLY, MESS UP AND THEN TRYING TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL ABOUT BEING A "EARLY" "APRIL" "FOOL" "JOKE"

You dumbass

No. The best April Fools pranks are started well before April Fools. My best one, I started laying the ground work for it in December.

But we didn't know it was a joke!

You do realize that if you tell someone it is a practical joke, it actually isn't a practical joke. You have to let it simmer, like a good stew.

Mmmmmmmm, stew.

Not since it lost it's superheated atmosphere, the only thing that made it worth visiting.

Nawww, it has the Mohole, neat craters, a huge sun, it's a challenge to get too, it's perfect for driving rovers, etc. The real boring one is Dres.

Edited by Solivagant
Quotes, how do they work?

Alright guys, I have some news.

I PM'ed Kasper telling him what we thought about his thread. He responded a couple minutes ago, and he says he never expected the joke to get so out of hand, as demonstrated here. Really, the joke was prodding humor at other gaming companies who have given in to solely money. Squad, of course, will never do such a thing. We'll never allow it!

I also asked him to remove of edit the thread. We'll see how that turns out.

Alright guys, I have some news.

I PM'ed Kasper telling him what we thought about his thread. He responded a couple minutes ago, and he says he never expected the joke to get so out of hand, as demonstrated here.

Wouldn't have happened if it was posted ON April 1st, not 12 days prior.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag on the early April fools joke, I'd like to provide a little context. I think to start I'll quote a reply I wrote to someone who messaged me about this.

I'm reading the threads, and honestly I hadn't anticipated people would take this post as seriously as they did, and in retrospect it would've been better to post this closer to April 1st, the references weren't that strong in the announcement.

That said, this isn't just a joke, I tried communicating a message with the premium accounts that would pay modders, YouTubers, streamers and all those people that invest so much time and skills into this community. We often watch their videos and use their mods without thinking twice, and while they volunteer their time I think that we, as a community, should perhaps realise that those people mean a lot to us, in different ways, and that we should support them.

Maybe I'll post this later in those threads as well, but my hope is that some people will take that away from all this, and hopefully realise that Squad would never, ever do something as ridiculous as was announced in that post.

After the first reactions came I realised that people actually thought it'd be possible that a company in the games industry would in fact do something along these lines, and that's a sad realisation. However, I understand that when the April 1st reference isn't immediately clear then of course this announcement becomes a ridiculous proposition. I do hope that most people realised that Squad would never do this sort of a thing, and that we support our community, and like I said in the private message I hope we can all look back at this, and realise that perhaps we can hit that donate button for our favorite mod or YouTube channel :)

In light of the easy confusion I've added a small print to the announcement post and removed it from the articles.

P.S.

We do plan to update the forums in the future, as we discussed in the devnotes a while ago. That's still very much a thing but of course we'd be looking to improve the community, rather than to destroy it.

P.P.S.

vent all you wish :)

Edited by KasperVld

AAAaaaaaaha! Now I get it!!! SQUAD's "we're uncomfortable with being in EA, so we're releasing 1.0 ASAP with heaps of new features without proper beta, grindy science and career and nothing to do on planets" is obviously also an April fools joke that they thought of late last year. Good one SQUAD! it was even more ridiculous than this new forum joke by Kasper.

Cant wait for 0.91 (or 0.27 actually) in April :rolleyes: