What's the stupidest space-related thing you've ever heard someone say?

SlabGizor117

Be rational and break from what are you hearing.

Guess what

What was before big bang?

What was before this?

And that?

ETC

Why no one thinks like this?

Because it's a stupid question. We can SEE the big bang (or, rather, the moments right after it) in the cosmic background radiation.

Be rational and break from what are you hearing.

Guess what

What was before this?

And that?

ETC

Why no one thinks like this?

That doesn't change anything about how true or not true the Big Bang theory is. As GreenWolf already said, we can measure the Big Bang and can thereby show that it actually happened. The "moment before the big bang" doesn't exist, because with the big bang, time started (I'm not entirely sure on this, people that know more about this, please correct me). Without time, there can't be a moment, so if there's a moment in which time started, there isn't a moment before that moment. While the concept of no time existing before the big bang may seem to contradict common sense or something, as far as I know, that's what happened.

Because it's a stupid question. We can SEE the big bang (or, rather, the moments right after it) in the cosmic background radiation.

It could be wrong: No one is sure, even of this cosmic radiation

We are better seeng the future, what will be new about the universe

If they found something(now i refer in the past, the cosmic radiation, when they found something, how did they know from what was coming?) I heard about this theory but it comes from everywhere, it could be from the following place:

-center of galaxy and other galaxies

-go and in youself the truth i reject this theory about the cosmic radiation of big bang

And it could be anything. If the discoverers said something, it is not maybe so true as they said

Sorry, but i start to think that the big bang theory is too stupid. What was before Big Bang and before the other moment called before big bang...

If you are saying that you question the big bang theory, that's fine, a discussion can be had about that, but why post about it in a thread called "What's the stupidest space-related thing you've ever heard someone say?" Are you making a joke?

If there is no evidence of anything from before the Big Bang, I am going to assume that anything could have existed before the Big Bang.

Excellent. Now on to phase two.

Convince the world: Before the Big Bang, the world was nothing but a bunch of dryer lint.

If there is no evidence of anything from before the Big Bang, I am going to assume that anything could have existed before the Big Bang.

Excellent. Now on to phase two.

Convince the world: Before the Big Bang, the world was nothing but a bunch of dryer lint.

Sounds good to me.

If there is no evidence of anything from before the Big Bang, ...

But there is evidence there was nothing.

'Nothing' is a difficult concept to comprehend. Even empty space is still something, it is space and time. You can't even say how long there was 'nothing' before the big bang because there was no time. 'Nothing' is truly nothing. No space. No time. Nothing!

There is no before the big bang. Time began with the big bang. If there is no time, the concept of "before" is meaningless.

As for the radiation, the theorists said "Well, if it's true, we should see something, and it should look like this." Some time later, the experimenters found something that exactly matched what had been predicted. If the radiation pattern was caused by something else, it wouldn't have matched the prediction.

Once, long ago, this thread had a topic. Who now among us can say what it was, before it was lost to the creeping mists of time? Go now gently into that good night, noble thread. You have earned your rest. Adieu, old friend. Adieu.