Who's your favorite band/Musician/Rapper?

LostElement

As in music of course. List your favorite musician(s) and your favorite song(s). Recently for the past several months I've been ADDICTED to HollyWood Undead. I love all their songs and each and everyone of them are so talented. Danny, the man who has a great voice, Chorus. Johnny 3 Tears (My favorite), J-Dog, Funny Man, and Charlie Scene.

My two most favorite songs:

and
(Note, that the song Believe is Explicit)

My next favorite is Linkin Park. I've been listening him since I was a child, Rap and Rock is my favorite kind of music. Chester Bennington is really good with the vocals, and Mike Shinoda, who is really good at the rapping. My favorite is probably

My favorite Rapper has got to be Eminem. He is so talented at rapping, and I have been listening to him since I was born. I grew up listening to him. I don't have a favorite song from him, but here is one that I like: Bad Guy (This song is explicit)

Last but not least, this one is a Heavy Metal Band. Known as Sabaton, who sings solely about War, History, and Historic Individuals.

They don't swear in 98% of their songs, but they sound really good. Here is my favorite:

Well, that is it. Just sharing my taste in music and I am curious about yours! Cheers!

My definition of a favorite band/musician/rapper is the one(s) from whom you like every song. Not only some, but all of them.

If I follow that definition then it's Coldplay for me.

There isn't a song I don't like from them!

i dont have ONE favourite..

this is the way i see things. there are so many good bands out there and to pick a favorite is just a way to say 'im done listening to new music'. before i developed this way of thinking, i had a few bands that i called my favorite at the time. i dont think i listen to any of those anymore, not even for nostalgia. i just discovered that they weren't all that great after all.

if my most played counters in winamp are any indication (they are not, since its a fairly fresh install) i like motorhead, darkthrone, triptykon, hank III, marduk, gwar, thorns, eyehategod, and judas priest.

Heh. Funny story actually. My favorite musician is a guy named "Jahzzar" who does amazing songs digitally in literally every genre of music. I like his work because it he has at least one song that could fit every single video I've made. :)

For the past year or so at least, I think the music production company Two Steps From Hell. I've always been a big fan of instrumental stuff, which is most of what they do (some stuff has vocals as an instrument, and a handful of songs have actual lyrics). It's music for stuff like movie or video game trailers.

From an actual band, I might have to go with Streetlight Manifesto. I actually still need to get their latest album, but there is nothing in the first four that I don't like, and a few songs that I really like. Again, a lot of it is the instrumental stuff. I probably listened to each album two or three times before I paid any attention the lyrics.

Honestly though, I pay very little attention to particular bands or artists. I like a song or I don't, and sometimes I'll look at a group to see if they have other songs, but collecting discographies or albums is the exception for me, not the rule. The criteria for me is usually that I like music that sounds fun to play. I was in bands all throughout school, and I have a special weakness for Saxaphones (my instrument).

For example, my current favourite song would be "Everybody" by K-391 (

). The Saxaphone and Trumpet combination is fantastic, and reminds me of the stuff I used to do when I had more access to other skilled players. It just makes me want to invite over a friend who plays trumpet and whip out my Sax and just jam. Edited by Randox

I listen to a lot of "old-school" rhythm and blues. Lakeside. Isley Brothers. KC and the Sunshine Band. Brothers Johnson. Jaaaaames Browwwwwn. Not a lot of new tracks, though. It's pretty much all from the '70's.

I also laughed at the thread title, what with implying rappers were different from musicians. I know what was meant, but it came across as funny.

Well, I am into Symphonic Metal and a little bit into Medieval and Pagan Folk.

Favorite bands I guess: Within Temptation, Epica and Omnia

With favorite songs:

Within Temptation: Too many to count, therefore just 2:

and

Epica: White Waters ... but alas no Video link, therefore here a Link to

which is also great

Omnia:

and

Well, I am into Symphonic Metal and a little bit into Medieval and Pagan Folk.

Favorite bands I guess: Within Temptation, Epica and Omnia

With favorite songs:

Within Temptation: Too many to count, therefore just 2:

and

Epica: White Waters ... but alas no Video link, therefore here a Link to

which is also great

Omnia:

and

I've seen Within Temptation live twice an Epica once. Second time I saw Within Temptation I was standing right in the middle in front of the stage with only a hand full of people in front of me. Absolutely AWESOME!

That Solemn Hour youtube link you posted doesn't do them justice. Sharon's voice sounds very tired. Normally she's much, much better.

You had me there!

:D

My music collection is mostly 60s-80s. Based on who I've seen the most in concert, my favorite is Sammy Hagar. Saw him a couple times with Van Halen, and a few times when he was solo.

I've seen Within Temptation live twice an Epica once. Second time I saw Within Temptation I was standing right in the middle in front of the stage with only a hand full of people in front of me. Absolutely AWESOME!

That Solemn Hour youtube link you posted doesn't do them justice. Sharon's voice sounds very tired. Normally she's much, much better.

I´m definitely jealous :D

You´re living in the right country to see them (both WT as well as Epica) often :)

unfortunately WT don´t tour germany as often (as one could expect from the fact that we´re practicaly european neighbors).

Unfortunately those few time that WT were in germany somewhere near, I didn´t have the time to go to their concert.

Well, perhaps the next time they are somewhere nar ruhr valley

In contrast to this I see Omnia once a year (they are regularly doing gigs at the MPS (Medieval Phantasy Spectaculum)

Ludwig Van Beethoven, the composer. By far.

(And..Maybe Mozart too)

It's interesting how they're both Viennese.

Add Strauss and Vivaldi and you've arrived in my music folder. Well, that and a lot of rock, metal and various OSTs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.