Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

Still not a single experimentals update on SteamDB... What is going on here? :huh:

I wouldn't be to surprised if they switched Experimentals to an internal setup, and they only update SteamDB ocasionally to keep the hype alive.

Then again, given how they've been rushing through things lately (single-release beta, relatively short "1.0" development period)....release confirmed for today!

You really think they're rushing things? At 113 days now, this has been the longest period so far. Heres a reference of the time between recent versions: version .18 - 73 days since previous update, .19 - 105, .20 - 66, .21 - 64, .22 - 84, .23 - 62, .23.5 - 105, .24 - 107, .25 - 82, .90 - 69 days. They said this experimental, which they announced less than a week ago, would be longer than most others, so I'm guessing about four weeks total.

Seeing as how the only major addition SQUAD is handling is the new aero system, (the other stuff are either small additions or being handled by outside mod makers) I don't think they're rushing at all.

the rush he is refering to is going to 1.0 after only 1 beta cycle. the game was alpha for 3 or 4 years, and after 4 months of 1 beta update its jumping to 1.0?

Quite a few think its way too quick to jump that far: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108318-Do-you-feel-KSP-is-ready-for-1-0

at the least I think this should be .99, and 1.0 can be the final bug fix/tweak update. All these features they are adding to this update might need to be rebalanced anyway. QA and experimentals are not perfect anyway.

Since they'll probably release a 1.00.1 soon after launch with patches for bugs that slipped through, 1.0 could be .99 and 1.00.1 could be 1.0. It just seems so anticlimactic for the big release to have nothing new about it. It would just be going from nearly bug free to completely* bug free.

*probably

If I didn't have to work, I'd be standing here, bobbing up and down expectantly, waiting for the release.

Since I have to work though, I am on here, reading the forums and avoiding work.

Can't wait for 1.0!

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by r4pt0r viewpost-right.png

This is the forum equivalent to holding the world record for eating the most sticks of butter. Please don't set a new personal best.

Geez, I wouldn't want to be near the rear of the person who won that about 3-4 hours later, especially if they were intolerant of butter ... Parkay! Butter! Parkay! BUTTER! PARKAY! HYPE!

Holly orbiting space cow !!

Squad ! Don't ever do this again !

I almost had an heart attack when seeing Steam updating KSP ... until I saw it was a 0Kb update (usually meaning deleting stuff)

Holly orbiting space cow !!

Squad ! Don't ever do this again !

I almost had an heart attack when seeing Steam updating KSP ... until I saw it was a 0Kb update (usually meaning deleting stuff)

Saw that too while I was updating the FARext for MJ and I was like 'huh??'

The x64 windows build has been destroyed. https://steamdb.info/app/220200/history/

Yep. Kind of a rude surprise for those using the windows x64 client.

Why now though? Why not closer to release?

What could they be deleting? Was it the 0.90 Windows 64-bit client? If so then IMHO that's pretty obnoxious, reaching out and deleting a version of the game that players paid for.

What could they be deleting? Was it the 0.90 Windows 64-bit client? If so then IMHO that's pretty obnoxious, reaching out and deleting a version of the game that players paid for.

Yeah. They already said that they ended support for windows 64 bit for 1.0, so it's bound to happen at some point.

Squad also have a policy of making both the current KSP version - which for all the 1.0 hype is still 0.90! - and the *previous* KSP version available. They haven't made any statement or warning that they'll be changing this, let alone discontinuing architectures of the current KSP version.

I agree with cantab. They said properly they would not support 64bit for 1.0 ... not they would out of nowhere take out the current 0.90 64bit client. Those are very diferent things :P

ANyway I backed up my 0.90 ...

Squad also have a policy of making both the current KSP version - which for all the 1.0 hype is still 0.90! - and the *previous* KSP version available. They haven't made any statement or warning that they'll be changing this, let alone discontinuing architectures of the current KSP version.

Hopefully it's just a glitch with steam, and yeah it's completely without warning.

@ r_rolo: I don't use the 64 bit client anyway.