Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

refresh me on the release process again. experimentals is after all the main work(new features, bugfixes, ect...) making sure that all the changes when put together dont cause any new bugs right? and QA comes just before that, and that is making sure the new features and such all work as intended?

This article has some good info about QA/Experimentals. I think the QA may have been a bit different this update, max said that every feature has been QA as it has been added in this post.

(walks aboard stationary train)

Well, I'm back on the HypeTrain. Where do I pre order tickets for the 1.1 HypeTrain?

Your's should be pre-orded.

Take your usual seat and wait for the train to move ;)

*sit on a chair he brought*

Dis gun be good!

"I am the liaison from the Mountainhomes, I've come to discuss the SteamDB situation."

"Approximately 30 minutes ago, PC scratchpad was updated."

LINK.

What does this mean exactly? Just out of curiosity..

SteamDB shows when there is an internal version change. I am reporting SteamDB changes by parodying the Dwarf Fortress dwarf trade thing.

It may help those of us who don't watch these things like a hawk to note:

• How often SteamDB updates occur when we're not in Experimentals.
  • How often SteamDB updates have occurred during past Experimentals.
  • How changes in SteamDB updates have occurred in the past, at the starts and ends of Experimentals.

Otherwise these announcements are tantamount to "A truck drove by!" when waiting for a package. What kind of truck? A delivery truck? Do you get a lot of trucks or is this rare?

It may help those of us who don't watch these things like a hawk to note:

• How often SteamDB updates occur when we're not in Experimentals.
  • How often SteamDB updates have occurred during past Experimentals.
  • How changes in SteamDB updates have occurred in the past, at the starts and ends of Experimentals.

Otherwise these announcements are tantamount to "A truck drove by!" when waiting for a package. What kind of truck? A delivery truck? Do you get a lot of trucks or is this rare?

:P

I don't really know how often SteamDB updates occur when not in Experimentals, I think all QA testing is done on an internal server, away from the prying eyes of people like my self.

As to how often they occur when in Experimentals, IIRC, every couple of hours is good, it means they're finding bugs and fixing them quickly, if it takes longer, they may have found a terrible bug, or they have a release candidate they want to really properly test.

Actually, even with some prior knowledge it's like saying "A truck drove by!", as how to interpret the data is completely up to whomever looks at it, like I said, a long pause could be a RC, or it could be a terrible bug.

:P

I don't really know how often SteamDB updates occur when not in Experimentals, I think all QA testing is done on an internal server, away from the prying eyes of people like my self.

As to how often they occur when in Experimentals, IIRC, every couple of hours is good, it means they're finding bugs and fixing them quickly, if it takes longer, they may have found a terrible bug, or they have a release candidate they want to really properly test.

Actually, even with some prior knowledge it's like saying "A truck drove by!", as how to interpret the data is completely up to whomever looks at it, like I said, a long pause could be a RC, or it could be a terrible bug.

What I find has been the case, is that when you get an update to all versions at about the same time, thats a release candidate. If you then get another scratchpad after that, it means they found a bug they don't want to release with. The only thing thats really certain is when the current version gets archived. Either way, I've still got the feeling we're quite a ways away from release.

"I am the liaison for the Mountainhomes. I'm here to discuss the SteamDB situation."

"About 2 hours ago PC scratchpad was updated."

"About 2 hours ago Linux scratchpad was updated."

"About 2 hours ago Mac OS X scratchpad was updated."

"That is all."

First OS X update in 5 days. Hype intensifies.

"I am the liaison for the Mountainhomes. I'm here to discuss the SteamDB situation."

"About 2 hours ago PC scratchpad was updated."

"About 2 hours ago Linux scratchpad was updated."

"About 2 hours ago Mac OS X scratchpad was updated."

"That is all."

First OS X update in 5 days. Hype intensifies.

Speaking of devils and what not. I rest my mouth.

No Modding monday, and a late Devnotes?

hype INTENSIFIES

Meh, they're probably just hung over from the long weekend. Based on the missed Squadcast and Modding Monday, it seems like they had Friday and Monday off.

Then again, given how they've been rushing through things lately (single-release beta, relatively short "1.0" development period)....release confirmed for today!