what partnerships would you like KSP/SQUAD to make?

Dimetime35c

When I read the title I immediately thought to troll with an EA comment. Well played Sir.

A tycoon guy would be perfect. Sawyer could use it as his come back piece.

If a publisher was to get involved they need to make it Paradox as they allow companies to branch and explore new areas of gaming rather than just punching out another CoD every year.

SpaceX, Bigelow Aerospace and the Mars Society. Oh and Copenhagen Sub-Orbitals.One of the things I am planning on doing is to attempt a Mars Direct style exploration and colonisation of Duna. Before that, though, I'm intending to try out the MKS gear at one of the polar regions of Kerbin, rather like the Mars Society's missions in Earth's Arctic regions to emulate a working Mars base. Whilst various mods make that possible now, it'd be great to see official verions of SpaceX and Bigelow gear (say, the Falcon Heavy, Dragon 2 capsule, BEAM330, and maybe a SpaceX sea-landing drone?) in the game.

Some kind of nod to CSO in KSP would be neat because they're an amateur outfit determined (and making very good progress towards) to send someone into space on a sub-orbital flight, and whilst unlike Kerbals they're extremely safety-conscious, they otherwise exude an adventurous spirit that I think is very Kerbal-like.

They ought to get a voice actor for one of their trailers, like Kevin Brighting (from the Stanley Parable). To me, the overall tone of the game has always felt closer to "Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy" than NASA and the Apollo program.

This is the story of a world called Kerbin.

There lived the Kerbals who all apparently lived underground except for some big buildings.

The only job of the Kerbals was to push buttons, and carry out the orders of their Space Agency Administrator.

Although the Kerbals proved themselves to be capable engineers and scientists, their choice in leaders was shockingly lacking....

Because, somehow in their infinite wisdom, they choose the world's must uniquely unqualified individual to help them stumble out into the abyss of space.

You....

Oh dear, SQUAD help us all! --er, I mean...

Good luck! *mutters* "You're gonna need it."

legos. Definitely legos. The two companies, communities, and their visions have so much in common. A set of kerbal bricks definitely needs to be a thing.

https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/projects/29a/b89/49675/1616475-kerbal_x_wip3-thumbnail.png

this is the nerd's kerbal x, my favorite. But there are some other attempts too.

legos!

Yes! A partnership with the Estes model rocket company would be an excellent idea. All it would really need is a decal pack and some new nose cones.

Screw new nose cones, I want to asparagus stage my Estes model pancake rocket into infinity and beyond! Estes, please make it happen :)

More than anything else, I want to see KSP Lego and KSP: The Board Game (ideally designed by Vlaada Chvatil; his "Galaxy Trucker" already feels almost like it's set in a higher-tech interstellar version of the Kerbal civilization).

SpaceX!

SpaceX has already used some ksp screenshoots in examples :cool:

SpaceX uses ksp to test launches (according to the twitter).

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I read the rest of this, Mars One is a good choice too.

And esa and the russian agency I cannot spell.

Edited by LABHOUSE

I'd like Squad to start a partnership with Chris Sawyer or any other experienced tycoon developer (Colossal Order perhaps?). It would be amazing to have a proper tycoon-based exploration and exploitation career mode instead of the flat, grindy career/science place-holder we have now.

In my humble opinion this would be the best partnership Squad could pursue to make KSP truly legendary.

Eh.

A Career mode by someone who has (more) experience then Squad does would be very intriguing. Very intriguing indeed.

As a person with young kids, I would love to see a partnership with Lego, or some other kind of building toy. The 3D prints are interesting I guess but still far too expensive and non-interactive to be worth anything to me. I want to have a big bucket of rocket parts and built all sorts of crazy things with them.

One more for Estes. KSP's genesis was in model rockets, it's time we reconnected with that. Lego is cool but it doesn't shoot up into the sky.

Either Vladimir Romanyuk (Space Engine) or Giant Army (Universe Sandbox). I feel either one of those programs would make an excellent basis for KSP2's game engine.

One more for Estes. KSP's genesis was in model rockets, it's time we reconnected with that. Lego is cool but it doesn't shoot up into the sky.

OK I think I play this game too much, my first thought was how could Estes make a working LV-N for a model rocket, but yeah Estes and Lego would be good ideas.

Other space agencies would be a good choice for 'offical' logos. SpaceX, definitely Virgin Galactic just for the nose and fin art.

(edited as I noticed the missing quote - someone above suggested partnering with Mars One...)

Gosh no - Mars One have about as much to do with science and exploration as 'celebrity reality' shows have to do with entertainment, ie; none. IMHO.

Edited by Esme

Gosh no - Mars One have about as much to do with science and exploration as 'celebrity reality' shows have to do with entertainment, ie; none. IMHO.

Mars One is all about marketing, so it's a perfect fit with Squad, the marketing company (insert regex's EA suggestion). Personally I'm not a big fan... however, you could argue Mars One's mission plan is "soooo Kerbal...lelz!!!" ;)

Edited by Yakuzi

The moment SQUAD partners with EA, I will fly over to The United arab emirates and throw my computer out from the top floor of the burj khalifa. Then i jump off with it.

That's not constructive approach. Destroying working hardware is BAD, and dying is ultimate form of losing.

I have better idea: hire some gray goose guys, and pay SQUAD a visit. I think SQUAD is well aware of this possibility, so EA partnership is out of question. :D

This is the story of a world called Kerbin.

There lived the Kerbals who all apparently lived underground except for some big buildings.

The only job of the Kerbals was to push buttons, and carry out the orders of their Space Agency Administrator.

Although the Kerbals proved themselves to be capable engineers and scientists, their choice in leaders was shockingly lacking....

Because, somehow in their infinite wisdom, they choose the world's must uniquely unqualified individual to help them stumble out into the abyss of space.

You....

Oh dear, SQUAD help us all! --er, I mean...

Good luck! *mutters* "You're gonna need it."

Brilliant! That game was amazing, and the narrator was 80% of the fun. What if he also narrated small in-game cutscene-like vignettes triggered the first time you EVA on a body?

Jebediah finished pushing his last button and looked out across the strange, white-green landscape before him. Were the Kerbal legends true--could this place truely be made of daquari-flavored ice cream? His stomach rumbled. Clearly, he had a scientific responsibility to conduct a wide survey of the area and maximize toys experiment's sample size. [\I]

Legos. Definitely Legos. The two companies, communities, and their visions have so much in common. A set of Kerbal bricks definitely needs to be a thing.

https://dp1eoqdp1qht7.cloudfront.net/community/projects/29a/b89/49675/1616475-Kerbal_X_WIP3-thumbnail.png

This is The Nerd's Kerbal X, my favorite. But there are some other attempts too.

Yes, Please! Where do I sign up!

Shame that everyone missed regex's sarcasm... :(
It's not a shame, it's hilarious. I got lucky with having the second post which means all sorts of crazy, knee-jerk responses. I'm dying over here. XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.