Disable output/station missions

I have hardly made it beyond Mun before the first crazy "outpost" missions start popping up.

"Make a station that can support atleast 17 kerbals around Ike!!!"

Why? Science ofcourse!

Is there a mod or something i can do to stop getting these ridiculous missions? There's so many good missions now, but they drown in orbital and outpost stations and i'm a bit sick of punching decline.

I dealt with these by undertaking a "re-useable space station" program. I simply added docking ports and extra crew capacity to my regular ships. I would then send them to a place that I was going to do a crewed mission to anyway. Once the mission was completed, I sent the "outpost" back to Kerbin for recovery.

It would just be a lot cooler if the game was more about extending stations and outposts, rather than just building them.

I just did 2 almost identical "solar orbit orbital station" missions. It would make more sense and be more interresting if they asked for an extension to it.

Something simple like "add a new powerplant to XXX station", "add a new lab", "extend by 5 crew capacity", "station should store 1000 fuel" or something similiar.

That would be awesome

It would just be a lot cooler if the game was more about extending stations and outposts, rather than just building them.

I just did 2 almost identical "solar orbit orbital station" missions. It would make more sense and be more interresting if they asked for an extension to it.

Something simple like "add a new powerplant to XXX station", "add a new lab", "extend by 5 crew capacity", "station should store 1000 fuel" or something similiar.

That would be awesome

*cough shameless plug* check out my signature for just that.

To answer your specific question about disabling the base/station contracts: Contract Configurator will allow you to do that.

Just make a cfg that says:

CONTRACT_CONFIGURATOR
{
//disables Base Contracts
disabledContractType = BaseContract

//disables Station Contracts
disabledContractType = StationContract
}

I wonder if you could reuse the stations?

Make an station module: MK4 crew module, science lab, power and antenna, fuel engines and landing legs is also nice. however no command module or probe but an docking port for one.

Drop old probe core and dock an new one.

Do you then get an new station?

I had to add antena to one with kas and this fulfilled the contract, antena was an spare on an old lander.

After a while I noticed you don't actually need 17 kerbals... just space for them.

This is good news for users of TAC-LS or similar :) Not sure if you can actually launch an unmanned station, but it certainly counts if you have space for <N> but only two crew aboard.

After a while I noticed you don't actually need 17 kerbals... just space for them.

This is good news for users of TAC-LS or similar :) Not sure if you can actually launch an unmanned station, but it certainly counts if you have space for <N> but only two crew aboard.

You can launch unmanned stations and never man them, no problem at all. An station can also fulfill multiple objectives, place an station in orbit around Kerbin is always nice to have, so then you get orbit around duna and land on Ike you will finish all three.

I tend to use the stations as base extensions.

That would be awesome

You can actually, just add the new requirements to your current station (more crew space, etc) and the contract will complete.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.