The KSP 1.0 Grand Discussion Thread: Conquering Space Was Never This Easy!

KasperVld

It kinda makes me angry to hear people asking for KSP to be cheaper. I bought it for 28, but I could have bought it for as low as 16 if I had waited for a sale. This game should be the standard $60 for a game. In an industry where people pay $70 for crappy games, KSP stands alone as an Early Access that provided many times over its value in content than originally promised. If you don't like the price of KSP, don't buy it. You are the one missing out, not Squad.

Squad is actually missing out. KSP is not big and good enough to cost $59.99, like other AAA games. The current price is not accessible to everyone, and it is the reason why KSP has a steady 5k active players. If it was more accessible, it would have much more players.

EDIT: KSP is not an AAA game to be priced $60.

Edited by RockyTV

People who play KSP appear to have slightly different values than the bulk of "mainstream playing for entertainment" videogame consumers. Maybe its the constructive and strategic challenge that makes this game convenient for the "others".

Its more like work than playing... :D. But very funny work i must admit. 10/10.

Its definetly one of the three priceworthiest pieces of software i know in my life, in my opinion a true highlight in gamehistory. And it has a educational value instead of blind violence and utter fantasy as such in other software available, great work SQUAD!

Edited by Mikki

Its definetly one of the three priceworthiest pieces of software i know in my life

I have said this elsewhere, but it's one of the two best spenditures of my life in terms of return of investment. I've had nearly a thousand hours fun with it. Maybe more. And many more will come.

• 1 month later...
Squad is actually missing out. KSP is not big and good enough to cost $59.99, like other AAA games. The current price is not accessible to everyone, and it is the reason why KSP has a steady 5k active players. If it was more accessible, it would have much more players.

EDIT: KSP is not an AAA game to be priced $60.

This is a bit of erroneous thinking I see from time to time. Players somehow think that game designers are making games so they can have as many people playing them as possible. Why do you think this? Game designers design games to make money.

The price that would make KSP the most accessible would be $0. Then everyone could have it. But Squad is in this for the money - and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with it. They only care how many people are playing it as that reflects how many have bought it.

• 4 years later...