[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

8 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

Thanks for the nice IVA environments! I have a feature request which is for buttons for the both of the stock lander cans for the different SAS targets (prograde, retrograde etc). Currently I think I need to exit IVA view to switch SAS target.

I am not currently developing IVAs using the "stock" RPM props (I barely have time to work on IVAs using ASET props).  If someone wants to come up with one that they're willing to share, I'll be happy to include it in the RPM distribution.

Hey Moardv, thanks for that awesome mod.
One question: Is it possible to map the buttons of the mfds to the keyboard and or to the Joystick? Like if I push a certain key the MFD goes to page x,y? 

Greetings and keep up the good work!!!:)

1 hour ago, Poldor said:

One question: Is it possible to map the buttons of the mfds to the keyboard and or to the Joystick? Like if I push a certain key the MFD goes to page x,y?

No, there isn't. The main problem is many IVA cockpits have multiple MFDs, and it is common to set them to different pages.  How do I determine which MFD to change?

10 hours ago, MOARdV said:

No, there isn't. The main problem is many IVA cockpits have multiple MFDs, and it is common to set them to different pages.  How do I determine which MFD to change?

And if I put my own IVA up in unity with just a single MFD of a kind? Furthermore, I would like to map the keys to other props as well. For example a key for the ground prox. Alarm to turn of etc. Could I integrate the keymapping within the .cfg file of the prop? Like key x = the same as clicking the prop in iva?

34 minutes ago, Poldor said:

And if I put my own IVA up in unity with just a single MFD of a kind? Furthermore, I would like to map the keys to other props as well. For example a key for the ground prox. Alarm to turn of etc. Could I integrate the keymapping within the .cfg file of the prop? Like key x = the same as clicking the prop in iva?

RPM doesn't support keyboard inputs.  That would require code changes, and the issue I mentioned previously would have to be solved (that is, what happens when a key is assigned to multiple props?).  Even if your own IVA is sane and doesn't overload any keys, *someone* will eventually.

1 minute ago, MOARdV said:

RPM doesn't support keyboard inputs.  That would require code changes, and the issue I mentioned previously would have to be solved (that is, what happens when a key is assigned to multiple props?).  Even if your own IVA is sane and doesn't overload any keys, *someone* will eventually.

Ok... thank you for your feedback! Looking forward for the first release of Avionics System!

I am having a problem in 1.1.3, (I don't have enough time to look through all the comments to see if someone else asked question) I am using a couple 1.1.2 mods and an extremely out-dated ASET IVA mod, I am having the problem of: only the mk1-2 pod has an iva, any other pods I use (stock or not) don't even show up the crew portraits in the lower corner. I wanted to know if this is from another mod that is outdated, ASET, or RPM itself. any answer is appreciated (even Darude Sandstorm)

Edited by KGEI

3 hours ago, KGEI said:

I am having a problem in 1.1.3, (I don't have enough time to look through all the comments to see if someone else asked question) I am using a couple 1.1.2 mods and an extremely out-dated ASET IVA mod, I am having the problem of: only the mk1-2 pod has an iva, any other pods I use (stock or not) don't even show up the crew portraits in the lower corner. I wanted to know if this is from another mod that is outdated, ASET, or RPM itself. any answer is appreciated (even Darude Sandstorm)

You've got an outdated mod or mods that are interfering.  RPM works with 1.1.3, and ASET is props-only, and there are plenty of players using it currently.  You will need to look through your KSP logs and/or remove the outdated mods.  As a rule, you can't use mods that include DLLs written for previous versions of KSP - Squad's API changes practically every release in some respect, so 'old' DLLs are almost guaranteed to be broken, and that has side-effects with other mods.

1 hour ago, storm_soldier2377 said:

How does one see the distance of encounters?

Like "time to closest approach" or "distance to closest approach"?  Get an IVA that has the right instruments.  The sample IVA included with RPM are very basic, and they don't really incorporate any of the features that have been added to RPM over the last year or two.  The Yarbrough IVA in my sig includes a NASA Apollo-like DSKY that provides rendezvous data.  Alexustas is working on some other IVAs that will have rendezvous data, but they're not ready for release yet.

42 minutes ago, MarlboroMan said:

I'm changing my RPM install from ckan to manual.

What is the difference between RPM and RPM Core that ckan installs?

I've downloaded RasterPropMonitor.0.27.0.zip is that all I need?

Using it on RSS-RO if that matters.

Thanks.

I have no idea what the difference between the CKAN installs is - I have nothing to do with CKAN metadata, and I don't know why whoever made that metadata decided to split it up.

For a manual install, there is simply that one zip file.

30 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I have no idea what the difference between the CKAN installs is - I have nothing to do with CKAN metadata, and I don't know why whoever made that metadata decided to split it up.

For a manual install, there is simply that one zip file.

Thank you.

They'll have a reason. ckan is brilliant, i liken it to the app store for ksp mods. It doesn't work perfectly but it does work very well. IMO i'd be quite happy to pay for an official KSP app store where mods were checked and it all worked seamlessly for installing mods. doing it manually with over 50 mods some dependent on others etc can be a headache.

I've been running a Science Campaign for the past two weeks and I wanted to thank  Mihara, MoarDV and alexustas for their work on the IVA functionality of what makes RPM work so well. Also to the various folks who've done work on the M1 Lander can. I've been working my missions to/from the Mun with almost all IVA work and it's getting quite good. There are just a few things I cannot do without external views. 

I have some things I'd like to see in the Mk1-2 pod but I'm not going to bother with that at the moment. I just want to say thanks. Every time I safely return Bob, Jeb and Bill to Kerbin by using IVA views nearly exclusively, it's such a wonderful and very immersive feeling. 

Are the page handlers for MechJeb in a config file or are they embedded in your code?  (i.e. - can I tinker with the MechJeb page handlers or are they locked away)

32 minutes ago, mjl1966 said:

Are the page handlers for MechJeb in a config file or are they embedded in your code?  (i.e. - can I tinker with the MechJeb page handlers or are they locked away)

The menu is hard-coded.  It's not excessively difficult to add to it if you can write C#.  I've looked at making configurable menus, but I haven't found a good way to do that yet.

4 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

@MOARdV, does RPM integrate with Throttle Controlled Avionics at all? Would it be possible to make a prop like the ASET Mechjeb control panel for craft?

No and yes. :)

I don't use TCA, and I've had to settle on a policy of "if I don't use the mod, I'm not supporting it", since I don't have the time to deal with installing, figuring out, configuring IVAs for, and testing mods I'm not using.  I think the only two exceptions to that are FAR - which has a very stable interface, and Pilot Assistant - which has a very dedicated IVA maker / player who is very good about letting me know if it's not working.

I would be quite happy to advise someone who wants to create a bridge module for RPM and TCA, but I won't be the one writing it or maintaining it.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

No and yes. :)

I don't use TCA, and I've had to settle on a policy of "if I don't use the mod, I'm not supporting it", since I don't have the time to deal with installing, figuring out, configuring IVAs for, and testing mods I'm not using.  I think the only two exceptions to that are FAR - which has a very stable interface, and Pilot Assistant - which has a very dedicated IVA maker / player who is very good about letting me know if it's not working.

I would be quite happy to advise someone who wants to create a bridge module for RPM and TCA, but I won't be the one writing it or maintaining it.

Thank you for your clear response. Unfortunately, I am no coder, so I won't be either.

10 hours ago, Tossy64 said:

When I take a screen shot in game, individual RPM screen shots are also saved to my screenshots folder. How can I prevent this?

You would need to edit the configs for those props and add

doScreenshots = false

to each one.  If you are using the example IVAs, the config is in GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/BasicMFD/MFD40x20.cfg, and that should be the only one you need to edit.