P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

On 2/3/2016 at 6:52 PM, Thatdude253 said:

I will happily beta test if need be. I have...well, just the right amount of free time, but I use more free time than I have

I also gladly vollunteer as tribute to test for you. I can even do some final editing of stuff on my side then send it back to you once it is working if you want!

On 1/28/2016 at 3:47 PM, LORDPrometheus said:

praise means a lot coming from you man. Thank you.

BTW any chance you can shoot me a message about any changes i need to make for BDArmory 10?

also forgive me if my birthday celebrations get in the way of my work guys. Gotta have some fun sometime

For the missiles to be used by missile turret, all you need to do is make sure you don't have a collider or model on the parent gameObject (the one with PartTools exporter). Also make sure the Animation script (if you have one) is a child, not on the exporter object. All objects that are to move with the turret should be a child/grandchild etc of the exporter object.  Take a look here: http://puu.sh/mXZIp/266e624c87.jpg

I changed how the boosters on missiles work a little bit.  If you have a booster transform, then only the particles in the booster will be fired during the boost phase.  Any particle emitter that's not a child of a booster transform is assumed to be particles for the cruise phase. http://puu.sh/mY1Ul/352d80e37f.png

Also there's a new field for missiles called "cruiseDelay".  You can set this to have a delay between when the boost phase ends and when the cruise phase starts.

If you have any other specific problems with the update, let me know.  Happy belated!

11 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

For the missiles to be used by missile turret, all you need to do is make sure you don't have a collider or model on the parent gameObject (the one with PartTools exporter). Also make sure the Animation script (if you have one) is a child, not on the exporter object. All objects that are to move with the turret should be a child/grandchild etc of the exporter object.  Take a look here: http://puu.sh/mXZIp/266e624c87.jpg

I changed how the boosters on missiles work a little bit.  If you have a booster transform, then only the particles in the booster will be fired during the boost phase.  Any particle emitter that's not a child of a booster transform is assumed to be particles for the cruise phase. http://puu.sh/mY1Ul/352d80e37f.png

Also there's a new field for missiles called "cruiseDelay".  You can set this to have a delay between when the boost phase ends and when the cruise phase starts.

If you have any other specific problems with the update, let me know.  Happy belated!

thank you for the reply and conveniently enough all my parts are already set up exactly how you have described

I don't currently have the motivation to remake too many old things so don't expect retextures just yet but plenty of new stuff on the way from America Russia and China Germany and Israel...  i think that other one may originate in Sweden and i think the one i teased is from Canada. very international right now. anyways many turrets and a few select missiles are in the pipeline

48 minutes ago, Thatdude253 said:

Is that turret the LAV-AD 20MM vulcan turret? It is isn't it?

As for the few new missiles, any chance of the SA-8 and SA-15 being on the list?

sonofa... just kidding i knew you would get it instantly. but its actually a 25mm gau-12 not a Vulcan. The more you know

and not at the moment but i have a mostly done 9M336 which is used by the 2k12 Kub launcher

Hey LORDPrometheus,

just one Question. Can I use your RIM-116 Model and modify it? If you want to know for what:

Spoiler

ujPQjDj.png

By the way, I'm having some problems with the orientation, somehow something is always 90°f*ckedup.

And is there a way you could use empties as attach-points? I haven't worked with the parttools for like one or two years now.

keep it up,

Themorris

Edited by Themorris

LAV-AD model is done time to UV, Normal map Texture animate etc. Also i intend for you to be able to place some of my FIM-92 Stinger missiles in the boxes. 

2qkhw8x.png

Kerbal stuff is going down so i will switch all downloads to my Dropbox ASAP and later move to Curse. this is a sad day for me i have always loved kerbal stuff

6 hours ago, Themorris said:

Hey LORDPrometheus,

just one Question. Can I use your RIM-116 Model and modify it? If you want to know for what:

Reveal hidden contents

ujPQjDj.png

By the way, I'm having some problems with the orientation, somehow something is always 90°f*ckedup.

And is there a way you could use empties as attach-points? I haven't worked with the parttools for like one or two years now.

keep it up,

Themorris

everything has to be oriented z forward checkout the tutorial i made here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfN8rRSRo1A

you cant use empties as attachment points directly but they are useful for finding the coordinates for where to add them to the config just make sure you use the unity coordinates not the blender ones. Personally i had this already almost down and would prefer to have control over my own models in this instance. So please do not modify my own RIM-116 and re release it but if you make your own then by all means you are free too

Hey LORDPrometheus,

this is what I got so far:

uKs5EVz.png

I managed to get everything going. Also reworked the model a bit.

I will do my own RIM-116, because I want to add some tubecaps. Therefore I will use the boostermodule, so the tubecaps get seperated on launch automatically.

Also it is possible to use empties as attachnodes. It makes everything much easier. For that you have to use the code:

NODE
	{
		name = missile1
		transform = missile1 // Or whatever your transform name is.
		size = 1.0 // Will always be 0 until fixed.
		method = FIXED_JOINT // will always be FIXED_JOINT until fixed.
	}

cheers,

Themorris

Edited by Themorris

Hey Prometheus,

I've done my own RIM-116...+MK-49 Launcher

Works with tubecaps and looks quite cool. The only thing missing now are the emitter effects, but I can't get them to work.

5tcMyZ9.png

lZj2Bnm.png

4rt7eNT.png

greetz,

Themorris

Edited by Themorris

This mod is awesome!! It's great that someone stepped in to add all of these parts that were lacking in base BDA.

A few suggestions however.

This may be more of a bahamutod question, but is there a way to change the SDB II guidance so it glides, and then dives?  Right now there is a ballistic trajectory.  Also, is there a way to have it reorientate itself after launch so the wings deploy on the bottom every time.  From there, it would be easy to add lift to the part (I think).

Also, fixed air to air fixed guns would be nice like the GSH-30-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-301

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, UnknownEclipse said:

This mod is awesome!! It's great that someone stepped in to add all of these parts that were lacking in base BDA.

A few suggestions however.

This may be more of a bahamutod question, but is there a way to change the SDB II guidance so it glides, and then dives?  Right now there is a ballistic trajectory.  Also, is there a way to have it reorientate itself after launch so the wings deploy on the bottom every time.  From there, it would be easy to add lift to the part (I think).

Also, fixed air to air fixed guns would be nice like the GSH-30-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gryazev-Shipunov_GSh-301

Thanks in advance.

Look around at the other mods. North Kerbin Dynamics has one 

5 hours ago, giga said:

Since Kerbalstuff has been Shut down, Are there any other Site For the download?

currently i am offline as soon as i have the patience i will upload to curse

ALSO! right before KerbalStuff went down we hit 20k downloads and that is just incredible to me and inspiring me to make youtube videos about all this or something. anyway the LAV-AD is ready to be finished but good god can that take some time

Update: should be able to get Curse hosting up later today I'm sorry for having to report to curse but frankly they have better management systems than github or mediafire and I have hostend small Minecraft mods with them in the past. I will probably get a github hosting system up in the futute but for now this will suffice. Also BahamutoD gave me pernission to make a PEW thread on his new BDArmory wiki so expect that coming soon as well. Harpwner and Acea you are welcome to add your own as well I believe. Let me make a CAL page I have a semi-humorous idea for it

14 hours ago, Joshwoo69 said:

done! @LORDPrometheus i helped you uploaded the latest R11 to spacedock.

http://spacedock.info/mod/126/P.E.W

EDIT: license permits.

I'd suggest you stop uploading other users' mods to SpaceDock under your name especially without getting permission, regardless of whether or not the license permits it.
EDIT: Also CC-BY-SA requires you attribute the author of the work, including their name. The forum post doesn't count. So technically you're not following the permissions of the license.

Edited by Esquire42

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.