[1.0.4][Kopernicus]KerbolPlus v.2.3.9 - a planet pack that ads the legendary Gas Planet 2 and more.

amarius1

What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What should we add in future updates? (besides EVE, science and resources intergration)

• I want more planets/moons.
    • I want the existent content improved.
    • I want more optimisations.

ok so to answer evreything at once...

resources will be manually set for next update, ensuring they are in the right spot. we aren't sure if stock will randomly generate them on custom bodies as of yet.

OPM is incompatible, as it requires the kopernicusTECH version of kopernicus (its outdated and heavilt modified).

CKAN is incompatible for planet packs, as they screw things up sometimes. Hopefully in the future when kopernicus stabilizes it will mean we can use it, but for now stay away even if you see it up there.

The cyrovolcano will be edited next update....ALOT....as long as there's a way to make it work, ill be making them almost still. Also i'll be making an atmosphere for potatus, as it makes more sense than it being a vacuum planet.

Eve is still temperamental for new 1.0.2, I'm hoping the new version rbray is working on gets a release soon. For now, no clouds, but in future...many clouds!

ok so to answer evreything at once...

resources will be manually set for next update, ensuring they are in the right spot. we aren't sure if stock will randomly generate them on custom bodies as of yet.

I went and hyperedited my Mun scanner into orbit around Ganag for a simple orbital resource scan and found that it does seem to generate atmospheric resources, but NOT ground based ones. Theres probably some generic atmosphere type at work giving it resources. I don't presume to know how this stuff is coded :P The cutoff buttons change nothing, and even after I did an orbital scan it told me to... do an orbital scan :P Anyway if you're sure you can manually add them in that's great!

Here's the atmospheric tab of Ganag on the right:

9t79kcu.png

aaaaand the surface results... sort of empty:

wuVW7O3.png

I also agree about Potatus. Especially with it spewing all that material out of the volcano it's bound to have some sort of light atmosphere.

An Eve update will come. For now I'm glad it even runs on 1.0 for the vanilla planets.

Edited by Immashift

I'm very curious about how could you add them... Also, can't wait to release the new 2.5 that ads Biomes, optimisations, Ion drive part, bug fixes, slower particles on Potatus, EVE configs, custom science defs and resources... Than we can say the mod is finished!

Can confirm CKAN is bugged for planet packs...

Okay, if you say so, I'll create a branch for a manual install and diff the two branches. (my entire KSP directory is in git)

Okay, if you say so, I'll create a branch for a manual install and diff the two branches. (my entire KSP directory is in git)

It seems you're right, CKAN installs Kerbol Plus 1.5.5 and that's an older version, there is already a Kerbol Plus 2.0.

I can imagine that an older version wouldn't be compatible.

So now I'm going to install all planet related mods manually.

I think it's because the files are taken from Kerbal Stuff, and I hadn't had time to upload the new version to Kerbal stuff and remake the post... Sory... k+ 1.5 should still work rough, since it was made in Kopernicus Tech that supports 1.0 unlike Kopernicus (2.0 k+) that needs to be updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, It's not that Hart to install! It's just drag and drop!

A couple questions, considering putting this mod on my save:

Do resources work yet?

Does the cryovolcano damage ships? What happens if I fly into it?

Any critical bugs right now that I should wait on?

This pack looks really cool, Harvester is awesome.

A couple questions, considering putting this mod on my save:

Do resources work yet?

Does the cryovolcano damage ships? What happens if I fly into it?

Any critical bugs right now that I should wait on?

This pack looks really cool, Harvester is awesome.

Hey srbgaming!!! One day could we have a review?

The resources are almost implemented for the next update. We still nead to add some more things...

The cryovolcano doesn't damage ships (for now). Ill ask the Kopernicus Devs if that could be made possible in a future release.

As KillAhley said, there aren't any huge bugs that are not feautures. For example, sometimes some parts like generators start heating when in Sarvin's rings, wich may be understandable because of radiation.

well, COrolet is a comet so the trail is something regual but cosmetic at comets. IT will be the richest body in fuel in the entire solar system! Also, I think the hardest possible place to land on.

Also, I think the hardest possible place to land on.

I smashed into it a few times... My surface scanner briefly said something before it exploded 5.XX avg. I'm not sure if that means it has resources or not.

Great mod BTW. IMO it's exactly what KSP needs with this 1.0 update.

Edited by Ranikins

Well, I've just now talked with kill Ashley and he said that Stock enhancing would break compatibility with other mods... But what other mods? Ksp RC?It already uses the same textures I'm talking about! anyways, the Kopernicus texture pack will be included as optional feature.

BTW, github link added!

Yeah that comet is like PF:CE's Ascension all over again. Trying to match orbits will be fun.

PF also had some interesting challenge planets. Like one that spun faster than its escape velocity, so I needed a KAS winch with a grappling hook to shoot at the surface to land anywhere but the poles. You guys thought of adding anything like that? Keelon is my favorite so far. Still trying to work out something that can return from it. :D

It's like Eve's big brother.

Edited by Immashift

Can you imagine that Nova Silisko once planned to add it in stock? Jeez, the planned gravity was like 5Gs...

Dear god. Even at 2.7 (i think that's what it is) it's going to be nuts. I swear I'm gonna have a permanent base there. Just waiting for a couple mods to update before I try. I wonder if jets work in that atmosphere.

Just coming down is going to be difficult because of orbit velocity combined with an atmosphere that thick.

Edited by Immashift

That would be cool if they added a titan look alike

sorry man, but our pack is aimed on completing official planet plans and maybe adding something more onthe road. if you want titan analog and other real solar system analogs, install OPM!

Also, I think we already have one good enough. laythe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.