[1.0] EVAManager - Configurable Modules & Resources for EVA Kerbals

toadicus

Svm420, you'd need to write a mod to handle the conversion of one resource to another during the fill stage. A way to handle it entirely within the mod would be for me to fix module selection so you could change what propellent is used by the EVA thrusters to nitrogen. Then you could also change the resource storage to nitrogen, and tell it to fill from a pod.

Actually, you might be able to do that already, if in fact the resource used by EVA thrusters is a configurable property of Squad's module. I'll have to look in to that.

As I recall, last time I investigated the API and the EVA part behaviour, Isp is not a configurable value of Squad's module. I'll check on that again while I'm looking into the above. :)

Sigma88, no it's not. There's no config-time awareness of game saves, etc. That also doesn't make a ton of sense to me; in general it seems like it would be a better idea to write a module that could be applied to the EVA parts in any event, and then alter the behavior of that module based on the tech nodes, career/sandbox mode, building levels, or what-have-you.

Sigma88, no it's not. There's no config-time awareness of game saves, etc. That also doesn't make a ton of sense to me; in general it seems like it would be a better idea to write a module that could be applied to the EVA parts in any event, and then alter the behavior of that module based on the tech nodes, career/sandbox mode, building levels, or what-have-you.

yeah it does make more sense, I shouldn't post after 2 AM :D

I wasn't sure that it was possible doing it, I'll look into it tomorrow when I'm not sleeping on the pc

(thanks)

NullReferenceException spams my log at KSP Startup

Win 64 bit / KSP 1.0.2 / EVAManager-4

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EVAManager.EVAManager.delResourceByName (.Part evaPart, System.String matchName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EVAManager.EVAManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Full Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu1ur22w1jkffs4/output_log4.zip?dl=0

Edited by Kolago

Seeker89, you should be able to do something like this:

EVA_RESOURCE
{
name = Ablator
amount = 50
maxAmount = 50
FillFromPod = false
}

In any .cfg file in GameData. Tune amount and maxAmount to suit.

Kolago, can you can try isolate the mod interaction that causes your issue? Are you using any custom EVAManager patches? If so, please post them. I can't recreate your problem out of the box, so I need more information.

Also, I (like most mod authors and Squad) do not support "cracked" 64-bit KSP installs in Windows. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "Win 64 bit / KSP 1.0.2", but if it is, note that -- at the very least -- I'm missing a big piece of consistency with your installation that could prevent me from properly reproducing problems. I'll help if I can, but you'll have to do all the heavy lifting of actually isolating the problem yourself.

Edited by toadicus

Kolago, can you can try isolate the mod interaction that causes your issue? Are you using any custom EVAManager patches? If so, please post them. I can't recreate your problem out of the box, so I need more information.

Also, I (like most mod authors and Squad) do not support "cracked" 64-bit KSP installs in Windows. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "Win 64 bit / KSP 1.0.2", but if it is, note that -- at the very least -- I'm missing a big piece of consistency with your installation that could prevent me from properly reproducing problems. I'll help if I can, but you'll have to do all the heavy lifting of actually isolating the problem yourself.

Sorry for misleading you, I use KSP 32bit. Custom EVAManager patches? I'm not sure what you mean.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I think I've spotted a potential bug. I've been using Antenna Range which has EVAManager packaged with it (Obviously for transmissions over EVA). The only problem I've noticed is due to the Kerbals leaving a command module with electric charge initially they will 'recharge' the command module upon re-boarding it.

For instance, if I fly in the MKI pod and roll it around on the launch pad a bit to discharge its electric charge then leave it and reenter it, the power of the pod returns to maximum (50). Like the Kerbal is acting like a battery upon re-boarding.

I'm not sure if this was intended or a small bug of a sort, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been having that happen to them too :).

Thanks!

That's actually a patch error in AntennaRange. I've fixed it but haven't released the fix yet, because apparently summer is hard. I'm going to get back into the swing of things soon, honest.

In the meantime, the fix is really simple if you want to do it yourself; there's a "100" that needs to be a "0", as indicated in this commit log:

https://github.com/toadicus/AntennaRange/commit/a888901c

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm mostly a newbie in c# and KSP modding.

With EVAManager i can add (any) new resource to kerbal, when writing

EVA_RESOURCE 
{
name = $yourResourceName
amount...

How I can add resource (in my case, ElectricCharge, with maxAmount 10 ) to kerbal. No init/using/namespace (I already realized it), it will be two or three lines only.

Thank you in advance.

@Whitecold

I don't have selectors implemented yet, so at this point EDIT_EVA_MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment] will just edit the first such Module.  Sorry. :(

@Jenyaza This patch, for example, will add ElectricCharge to the EVA Kerbals:

EVA_RESOURCE
{
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 0
    maxAmount = 100
}

It must be saved in a file ending in .cfg within the GameData folder in your KSP install.

Edited by toadicus

This mod is itself a proof of concept for the long form answer to your question.  If you want to write your own, you're welcome to peruse my source code in search of the specific portions of the answer you're missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

are you going to add a github or post to curse because your mod is a dependency for some mods and kerbalstuff is RIP for everz. Why you did not have a github in the first place.

are you going to add a github or post to curse because your mod is a dependency for some mods and kerbalstuff is RIP for everz. Why you did not have a github in the first place.

-UPDATE: I found your github why dont you have it linked?

fix it please on CKAN too,   much appreciated 

Edited by The Pfaffanater

• 2 weeks later...

toadicus, very nice little mod. For the sake of realism, I'd love to be able to do 2 things, once a Kerbal is given some electricCharge:

1. Have a small but constant power drain (to represent life support systems)

2. Have an additional, similar small but constant power drain only when the headlamps are turned on

Are either of these a possibility at this point?

-akardam

@akardam, as NathanKell indicated, you can add any module you want.  EVAManager doesn't actually do anything on its own; if you want to add those drains you'd need to write a PartModule to do it and then use EVAManager to add it to the EVAKerbals.

@NathanKell, let me know what you need fixed when you do!  I've just started work on prepositions.

I guess I should clarify that I was asking if there was either a way built into your mod or some other companion mod, to do either or both of these right now.

Going through the process of setting up to develop my own plugin is something I don't have the time or inclination for right now. I might suggest that adding such (optional) functionality to your mod would be a nifty idea.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2016 at 4:00 AM, akardam said:

I guess I should clarify that I was asking if there was either a way built into your mod or some other companion mod, to do either or both of these right now.

Going through the process of setting up to develop my own plugin is something I don't have the time or inclination for right now. I might suggest that adding such (optional) functionality to your mod would be a nifty idea.

which was answered, change ModuleLights to use power, and add a converter or generator with neg resource output to drain constant for LS

by default, anythin on a kerbal is in stock already, just needs edit/add