[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

I have been having the same problem as well. Also happens to the ESTOC part as well. Removing the part seems to clear it up, but that hardly seems the proper way to deal with it. I could email the output file to you. I am in China at the moment, and they have been giving out more drug laced brownies for incentives to the folks responsible for blocking VPNs at the moment.

This seems like the relevant part (and the end of the log file while it's hanging).

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PartLoader: Part 'Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Reactor/part/M2X_Reactor_Antimatter' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'M2X.Reactor.Antimatter'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at NearFutureElectrical.FissionReactor.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

• 2 weeks later...

@StahnAileron; Stack nodes are easy enough to add. Chine intakes? Would also be easy enough to add, but keep in mind their small size wouldn't provide much IntakeAir - would probably end up with an intake amount about half to two-thirds that of the radial structural intake.

@Thorbane; No, not right now. I could possibly make one sometime later, but having just finished the CB-C fighter cockpit IVA and the mk2 science lab IVA, I sort of want do do something that doesn't involve IVAs for a bit.

Hello, downloaded this and loving it so far, the part diversity is crazy! If I may I have a few suggestions.

1. You could make Roentgen not consume uranium and just consume intake air. This is how Porkjet's Atomic Age handled it, it is less baggage and less UI clutter. Simple, effective.

2. An actual tri-coupler in a 2 down 1 up pattern with 3 x 1.25 would be a great addition. Possibly a late-game structural node unlock.

3. A cryogenic Mk2 engine would be great! InterstellarFuelSwitch already allows LH2/LOX setups and Near Future Propulsion has dedicated hydrogen tanks.

4. A shorter Mk2 - 2.5m adapter would help quite a bit; the stock one is rather oversized.

Edit: I should also point out that one of the parts mentions an Icarus Airspace; I think that was meant to be Insanity. Something about outrage against C7 and Icarus taking the initiative.

Edited by More Boosters

@More Boosters: 1)The Rontgen Uranium consumption is controlled by a MM patch - /Mk2Expansion/Patches/NTJ_Decay.cfg - remove that, and the engine will revert to its stock behavior and only consume IntakeAtm. 2)I'll consider it. 3)I do plan to get around to making some sort of mk2 rocket engine at some point, would probably have the option to toggle between LH2/O & LF/O fuel modes. 4) would take like 5 minutes to make, why not?

Yeah, that should be Insanity, not Icarus. Whoops, it'll be fixed.

@More Boosters: 1)The Rontgen Uranium consumption is controlled by a MM patch - /Mk2Expansion/Patches/NTJ_Decay.cfg - remove that, and the engine will revert to its stock behavior and only consume IntakeAtm. 2)I'll consider it. 3)I do plan to get around to making some sort of mk2 rocket engine at some point, would probably have the option to toggle between LH2/O & LF/O fuel modes. 4) would take like 5 minutes to make, why not?

Yeah, that should be Insanity, not Icarus. Whoops, it'll be fixed.

You should also consider making one of the two alternate-cycle engines use Cryogenic Fuel.

@More Boosters; Something like that would be best as an optional MM patch; those who don't/won't use cryofuel engines can still use the M2X engines, and those who do use cryofuel can have a lower thrust, higher ISP LH2 option for their engines.

@Everyone; I should have Mk2Expansion version 1.6 ready in a few days.

Mk2 Expansion Version 1.6 is up, grab it from Kerbalstuff or Github

Version 1.6

============================

-New Mesh: CB-C cockpit now has three different flavors via IFS mesh switch

-New IVA: Cb-C cockpit now with custom IVA

-New IVA: Mk2 Scilab now has custom IVA

-Model Rework: R-71 cockpit mesh error fixed

-Model Rework: 'Vector" Turbojet new model

-Model Rework; 'Afterburn' Ramjet new model

-New FX for the Afterburn and Vector

-Part Tweak: NUK-3 reactor should now generate heat while running

-FX fix; Pluto now with 100% more smoke trail

-Part respec: 'J. Edgar engines returned from legacy, are now heavy lift VTOL engines

-Part respec: 'Pegaus', 'Siddeley', 'Jumpjet' engines thrust buffed ~20%, should make fighter VTOls a bit easier to build

-New part: Short mk2 bicoupler

-New Part; mk2 Shockcone Intake

-New part: short mk2-size2 adapter

-New part: Radial landing leg w/ aeroshell

-New part: mk2 conformal solar panel

-Added CLS compatibility MM patch

-Added ASET IVA MM patch

-NFE compatibility and NTJ_decay patched tweaked, should no longer conflict with the Mk2 KSPI integration mod

The 'J.Edgar' hover jets are back and specced for heavy lifting, the CB-C cockpit and mk2 science lab get their long awaited IVAs, some model reworks, and some new things that were requested at one point or another.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

The 1.6 update looks awesome but for some reason CKAN is still on 1.5.1. In 1.5.1 (the only version I've checked), the AJE compatibility also seems to have ignored the engines and only changed most of the intakes (The bubble cockpit intakes are still stock).

Edited by volcanicshrimp

@volcanicshrimp; Netkan has been updated, CKAN should recognize the new version as soon as the pull request goes through. The fighter cockpit still having stock intakes is because I forgot to add them; adding this to the AJE MM patch shuld fix it

@PART[M2X_ViperCockpit]:NEEDS[AJE]:AFTER[AJE]
{

@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
{
@name = AJEInlet
Area = 0.6
#@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/TPRCurve {}

inletTitle = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/title$
inletDescription = #$@AJE_TPR_CURVE_DEFAULTS/AdjustableSupersonic/description$
}
}

The engine code in the 1.5.1 AJE patch was outdated, which was why it wasn't working; the ver 1.6 AJE patch should be up do date.

Thanks for the quick update regarding the short Mk-2 adapter. I have some more ideas on top of the Mk2 to 3 x 1.25 tricoupler I mentioned earlier:

1. Mk2 Alcubierre Drive, working like the one in RoverDude's mod. Probably shouldn't have such a large ring though, in interest of aerodynamics.

2. Mk2 Solid Rocket Booster that can be stacked with the other Mk 2 engines using the decoupler. Spacecraft aren't just SSTOs after all.

3. A Mk2 high thrust high TWR average ISP lift engine for vertically launched Mk2 craft. Very high gimbal range to allow compensating for misaligned center of mass.