List of Stock Bugs that Should Finally be Fixed for 1.1

I'm not one to complain, but the more i play KSP, the more annoyed i get at bugs that have persisted since i first began playing. For an early access game, these types of bugs are expected, since the game is pre-release and the developers would rather create content than fix non game-breaking bugs. However, for a fully-finished release, these bugs are unacceptable, and should be fixed ASAP:

VAB/SPH:

(1) Struts/fuel lines going missing after disconnecting and reconnecting parent node (persistence of fuel lines/struts)

(2) Action groups getting messed up upon disconnecting and reconnecting parts placed with symmetry (persistence of action groups)

(3) Clicking through menus to detach parts

Maneuver Node:

(1) Warp to button betraying user by not slowing down to 1x

(2) Under certain conditions, being unable to click on trajectory to add a maneuver node

(3) Encounter changing rapidly between impact trajectory to a complete miss/lack of encounter

(4) Sliding maneuver node too much causes it to be deleted

(5) Buttons on maneuver node being unresponsive/refuse to highlight upon mouse hover

EVA:

(1) Grabbing hold of the ship sometimes ejects you off the ship

(2) Gently hitting something causes Kerbal to put away RCS, causing you to fall...

Map Screen:

(1) Inability to click on filters on top of screen

Feel free to explain to me how i'm using something wrong so the item isnt actually a bug. Alternatively, feel free to suggest your own bugs...

Edited by arkie87
Added additional bugs based on forum comments

Oh yeah, those are very old issues and rather annoying issues. Unklickable trajectories close to the border of a SOI switch is an old issue. The action groups are mainly related to symmetry, if you remove and place a symmetric part, then all associated action groups on the mirrored parts will be lost.

What about being unable to either hide or unhide a certain "flight" type (debris, pods, stations, flags, etc) from the map screen until you go back to the tracking station.

That's not exactly a bug. It's more of a suggestion. Try suggesting it if you want it added :)

Ejected fairing parts absorb heat from the fairing base - weird.

OK so you should place a decoupler in-between an engine and a fairing base I know that - I just forgot ONCE! and wow... I see these glowing fairing panels 100's of meters away... and they still kept getting hotter until the base exploded and then they immediately disappeared.

This should not actually happen - looks messy and half finished (you could say the same of my vessel, but still...)

That's not exactly a bug. It's more of a suggestion. Try suggesting it if you want it added :)
You can hide them in map view, go with your cursor to the top middle of the screen, then the same gui element as in map view will appear
No he means that there is a bug which causes this. It happens to me ALL the time and is very annoying.

Yeah, the menu drops down in map view just like in the tracking station. Sometimes I can interact with the menu, sometimes I can't. If this is a feature I'd love someone to tell me how or why I can't hide/unhide things sometimes. But unless someone can explain why sometimes it can be changed and sometimes it can't - I'm pretty sure it's a bug not a feature.

No he means that there is a bug which causes this. It happens to me ALL the time and is very annoying.
You can hide them in map view, go with your cursor to the top middle of the screen, then the same gui element as in map view will appear

I find there seems to be a bug where if the nav ball is hidden, clicking these buttons have no effect.

WARNING: Still in 0.9, some bugs may be fixed already.

For me, most annoying bug is clicks going through the menus and detaching parts in VAB/SPH or causing unwanted effects in flight scenes.

Sub class of that bug is click lag - you click on part to detach it and immediately move mouse, but instead click applies somewhere along the mouse pointer's trajectory, causing you to detach wrong part.

Number two is "Cannot click on craft's trajectory to create new node" bug. Happens mostly on Kerbolocentric orbits.

Number three is memory crashes. They could mitigate those crashes before x64 by plugging all the memory leaks not in Unity itself, and by adding same sort of warning: We running out of memory! Save game as soon as you can and restart!

There is a vital question for me, it has been a silly matter since years and I feel like the moment to finally face it has come:

STRUCTURAL ADAPTERS

Bi-adapter, Tri-adapter, Quad-adapter...the first time you see those parts your eyes are shimmering of joy, but when you try to use them you recognize they do not adapt anything. We all well know that the structural nodes are not joining, just one of them actually does; so you are forced to use weak docking ports to have a sort of structural joining between parts.

Come on Squad. Seriously. Please. Pretty please.

How much hard the task can be. Have the structural adapters be structural for real.

There is a vital question for me, it has been a silly matter since years and I feel like the moment to finally face it has come:

STRUCTURAL ADAPTERS

Bi-adapter, Tri-adapter, Quad-adapter...the first time you see those parts your eyes are shimmering of joy, but when you try to use them you recognize they do not adapt anything. We all well know that the structural nodes are not joining, just one of them actually does; so you are forced to use weak docking ports to have a sort of structural joining between parts.

How much hard the task can be. Have the structural adapters be structural for real.

technically, this isnt a bug

- - - Updated - - -

Kerbals sliding up ladders on EVA. This bugs me no end.

not sure what you mean?

but that reminds me: stepping out of capsule sometimes causes your kerbal to launch away; similarly, grabbing onto vessel sometimes causes kerbal to eject from the area

not sure what you mean?

but that reminds me: stepping out of capsule sometimes causes your kerbal to launch away; similarly, grabbing onto vessel sometimes causes kerbal to eject from the area

I haven't had a Kerbal ejected from a hatch in 1.0.x yet - I was hoping that was already fixed, it's still a thing?

What HAS continued to happen to me in 1.0.x is when a Kerbal first EVA's sometimes they'll be slowly moving up the ladder. I think it's always "up", I don't remember seeing one slowly slide down a ladder. Anyway, if you were not being observant they would presumably pop off the top of the ladder. I feel like this can also happen when a Kerbal grabs a ladder, especially while in flight - they have a chance of drifting up the ladder; I don't remember if I've seen this before, but it definitely happens sometimes when they start an EVA.

I haven't had a Kerbal ejected from a hatch in 1.0.x yet - I was hoping that was already fixed, it's still a thing?

What HAS continued to happen to me in 1.0.x is when a Kerbal first EVA's sometimes they'll be slowly moving up the ladder. I think it's always "up", I don't remember seeing one slowly slide down a ladder. Anyway, if you were not being observant they would presumably pop off the top of the ladder. I feel like this can also happen when a Kerbal grabs a ladder, especially while in flight - they have a chance of drifting up the ladder; I don't remember if I've seen this before, but it definitely happens sometimes when they start an EVA.

I dont think ive had any Kerbals ejected upon EVA'ing, though they do kinda bounce around for a second.

I have had kerbals fail to hold onto the ladder and get flung into outerspace

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people have not tested the old bugs yet, so they still think they occur, Kerbal ejection was addressed but it's still a good idea to leave the hatch area clear.

If you say it's been fixed, i believe you. I dont think ive had it happen myself in 1.0, but kerbals do bounce around the ladder upon EVA'ing, making me worry.

I'm fine and have no problem with everything that was listed above but ONE thing.

Not being able to create a node on the trajectory while in orbit around the Sun, or at the borders of any SOI.

^This is gamebreaking. It's the main thing that ruins the interplanetary aspect of the game for me. How are we expected to do course corrections ? It's not a bug like mapview not showing you a few icons, its brutally affecting the gameplay.

This bug has been in the game forever, and made his way through 1.0 !

All the other bugged stuff in 1.0 *cough fairings *cough heatshields* cough*part occlusion* doesn't really matter next to that node bug...

STRUCTURAL ADAPTERS

They work fine as long as you don't try to merge the multiple stacks back together with another multi-adapter, and even that can be done with strategic use of struts.

There are much bigger fish to fry, bugwise, IMO.

It would require a complete rework of how craft files work, so somewhere in the region of "very hard". Probably hard enough that it's not worth doing.

It would require a complete rework of how craft files work, so somewhere in the region of "very hard". Probably hard enough that it's not worth doing.

DAMNZ! You just crashed all my dreams.

We're condamned to adapt adapters then.

1) The bane of my KSP existence is whatever bug or bugs cause the Mac version of KSP to freeze up after a sufficiently long play time. The length of time before freeze-up has been getting shorter and shorter with every recent version of KSP. Usually these freeze-ups occur between scene changes. Sometimes they are presaged by graphical weirdness (images can be found in the threads where we have been reporting this problem). Adding mods makes the playtime before freeze-up even shorter. Why does Squad keep letting this problem persist? It's the closest thing that comes to sucking the fun out of KSP for me.

2) Fix the embarrassingly sloppy SAS system that points the ship at prograde, retrograde, normal, etc. My ships often wildly overshoot the point, then wander back to overshoot again. The ships have plenty of control authority, since I can move the ship into position without overshooting, so this just looks like bad control logic.

3) The way that certain control 'buttons' wobble around when you have a near circular orbit makes it difficult to click on the correct command. This is a bigger problem now that there are "warp to here" markers to accidentally click on when trying to click the AP marker or when trying to click the "Set maneuver node" control. These things should sit still once they pop up or you put your mouse near them, and not continue wobble around.

I think my biggest annoyance right now is the heating system. Besides it not being quite balanced for both plane and reentry yet, certain parts conduct heat far too readily. Stuff I have in service bays to keep safe is overheating, even when the bays are tucked safely behind other parts. In a real craft, insulation would be used to keep that from happening. I think the service bays need to be tweaked so they act as if they are heavily insulated, and do not conduct heat to or away from other parts nearly to the same degree they do now.

All the bugs that are fixed by the Stock Bug Fix Modules have known solutions:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-2-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v1-0-2d-2-14-May-15%29

I'm confused. Are you saying stock bug fix modules fixes any of the bugs listed here?

I checked and dont see that. However, if they do, then all the more reason squad should implement them in 1.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.